Aston Villa

The Fish

There's rumours that they're in a really bad financial state and if Lerner can't find a buyer sharpish, they're fucked.

Normally I wouldn't wish something really bad on any fans, but with Villa? I think I'd enjoy them spiralling down the leagues and frankly it might do them good to get a wake up call.

Would you want them to go out of business entirely?

Aye I would, they can completely get fucked tbh. There was no reason for their behavior when we went down so I'm okay with not giving a fuck if they ended up in a right mess like Pompey.

Aston Villa is a fantastic club with great history, one of the most successful clubs in english football

Shocking fanbase though, poor support. it's just a shame I can't take as much pleasure with them going down as I would with us looking like we could join them

I don't wish administration upon them though

Lerner is a billionaire. He has invested plenty in the club while making some very poor decisions. He still has enough money to fund them in the Championship but there will have to be huge cost cutting measures. So I can't see them going under but there will be a firesale in the summer to shift a lot of the overpaid underperformers.

I'd fancy them to do a Leeds. The biggest difference will be the attendances, they'll drop off a cliff if Aston VIlla don't return to the top flight immediately.

Which would be nice.

What would frustrate me if it happened would be the "told you so" angle that Ashley and co would take and the pundits would repeat ad nauseum.

Villa have out-performed Newcastle at growing every revenue stream since Ashley came in...

24mtlom.png

Overall they've improved their income by £37m more every season than we have.

But Newcastle have become profitable, while their losses only grow....

r79nr4.png

It's gone from us losing 4 times as much as them, to us turning a profit while they have lost an average £43m every year for the past 7 years.

Which is built on controlling costs. Our wage bill is up £18m, Villa £60m. Our other costs are static at £24m, Villa's have double to over £30m.

aw8hug.png

Which all makes a compelling case for the prudence we've shown the past decade.

But ignores what we have wasted misdirecting the funds we do have and the failure to maximise what we could extract from our "commercial partners"

Aston Villa is a fantastic club with great history, one of the most successful clubs in english football

Shocking fanbase though, poor support. it's just a shame I can't take as much pleasure with them going down as I would with us looking like we could join them

I don't wish administration upon them though

The League Cup is NOT and never has been a major trophy so in the 20th century this is the comparison between the two clubs

League Titles: Newcastle 4 Aston Villa 2

FA Cups: Newcastle 6 Aston Villa 4

European Trophies: Newcastle 1 Aston Villa 1

We are told regularly we have won fuck all, but in the century after they put tabs out on the halfway line, we piss all over them. Villa are a complete nothing club, I've got more respect for Leeds, Sunderland and Everton than these.

The League Cup is NOT and never has been a major trophy so in the 20th century this is the comparison between the two clubs

League Titles: Newcastle 4 Aston Villa 2

FA Cups: Newcastle 6 Aston Villa 4

European Trophies: Newcastle 1 Aston Villa 1

We are told regularly we have won fuck all, but in the century after they put tabs out on the halfway line, we piss all over them. Villa are a complete nothing club, I've got more respect for Leeds, Sunderland and Everton than these.

You're comparing the European cup to the fairs cup? :lol: give owa man

BOTH clubs have fantastic history, the people that say Newcastle have won fuck all are morons

You're comparing the European cup to the fairs cup?[emoji38]give owa man

BOTH clubs have fantastic history, the people that say Newcastle have won fuck all are morons

You're just about right about the two European cups but Don Revie described Ujpest as the best team in Europe at the time and predicted they'd hammer us.

Both competitions were subject to the luck of the draw in a way the modern equivalents aren't.

You're comparing the European cup to the fairs cup? :lol: give owa man

We beat Feyenoord 4-0 at St James' Park. 16 month later they were Champions of Europe. We had a tougher run to win the fairs cup, than 90% of clubs did to win the European Cup in the 60s and 70s. Forest beat massive MALMO in one of their finals.

Edited by McFaul

We beat Feyenoord 4-0 at St James' Park. 16 month later they were Champions of Europe. We had a tougher run to win the fairs cup, than 90% of clubs did to win the European Cup in the 60s and 70s. Forest beat massive MALMO in one of their finals.

It was a great achievement, something I'm proud off.

Unfortunately it's not considered any where near the standard of a European cup. Valid points though as it was just as difficult to win

Hey Mr. McFaul, Aston Villa have won the FA Cup 7 times, not 4 times.

Oh and they've won the league 7 times to our 4.

Edited by Noelie

Hey Mr. McFaul, Aston Villa have won the FA Cup 7 times, not 4 times.

Oh and they've won the league 7 times to our 4.

Stevie's point was that they won a few of their trophies in the nineteenth century - that's even pre-Noelie.

They are a big club tbf. They're in the group of clubs just outside the big four or five, like us, Everton and Spurs. Potential, decent size stadium combined with a history of winning trophies.

I think a lot of their fans are knobs but I wouldn't enjoy seeing them go under, no.

Stevie's point was that they won a few of their trophies in the nineteenth century - that's even pre-Noelie.

We're not exactly in a position to gloat there. Our last league title was in the 20s ffs

I can remember them winning it too. Wasn't born when we won the Fairs cup. My parents were kids when we last won the FA cup. Only my wife's grandad was alive when we last won the league (100 this year). Oh, and I'd fucking love us to win the league cup.

Agreed Villa fans are utter walkers though. :D

I can remember them winning it too. Wasn't born when we won the Fairs cup. My parents were kids when we last won the FA cup. Only my wife's grandad was alive when we last won the league (100 this year). Oh, and I'd fucking love us to win the league cup.

Agreed Villa fans are utter walkers though. :D

the-walking-dead-02.jpg

I can see the similarities...

Toon opposition in the Fairs Cup agg scores

Feyenoord - that season Dutch champions, season after EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS 4-2

Sporting Lisbon - that season Portuguese CHAMPIONS 2-1

Real Zaragoza - 2nd in Spain that season 4-4

Fiorentina - Italian Champions THAT SEASON 6-4

Rangers - fat jock cunts 2-0

Ujpesti Dosza - rated as the best side in Europe 3-0

In the past many idiots like people who have worked at the likes Northern Rock and other gimpy jobs should have realised it was often far more difficult to win Fairs/UEFA Cup than the European Cup. A monkey would understand, many, many, many professionals have said the same.

There's football fans who have half a clue on these messages boards, and people who should stick to general chat. OBVIOUSLY the European Cup is/was far far far more prestigious, but there is no way it was more difficult to win, a complete spastic can surely see that?

Malmo FFS

Edited by McFaul

Toon opposition in the Fairs Cup agg scores

Feyenoord - that season Dutch champions, season after EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS 4-2

Sporting Lisbon - that season Portuguese CHAMPIONS 2-1

Real Zaragoza - 2nd in Spain that season 4-4

Fiorentina - Italian Champions THAT SEASON 6-4

Rangers - fat jock cunts 2-0

Ujpesti Dosza - rated as the best side in Europe 3-0

In the past many idiots like people who have worked at the likes Northern Rock and other gimpy jobs should have realised it was often far more difficult to win Fairs/UEFA Cup than the European Cup. A monkey would understand, many, many, many professionals have said the same.

There's football fans who have half a clue on these messages boards, and people who should stick to general chat. OBVIOUSLY the European Cup is/was far far far more prestigious, but there is no way it was more difficult to win, a complete spastic can surely see that?

Malmo FFS

Who on this board said the European Cup was more difficult to win? :lol: calm down Edited by gpirlo68