Yes Gemmill...

catmag

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

No, that was Spartacus.

Practically ever single one rose up against the Romans called themselves the Messiah or 'The King of the Jews'. There were loads of em.

Khokbar, Anthorgenes, Parea, Athronges.  Where do you think Brazilian footballers get their names from?

Edited by Park Life

Just now, Park Life said:

Practically ever single one rose up against the Romans called themselves the Messiah or 'The King of the Jews'. There were loads of em.

Aye, they were ten a penny. I would imagine the figure that came to be known as Jesus is probably some amalgamation of lots of them. Also, a lot of Christianity is influenced by the writings of Paul, who only met Jesus after he was dead which, again, I have a few issues with. Interesting fella though. I saw his blood in Bruges. Looked like a sausage

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Aye, they were ten a penny. I would imagine the figure that came to be known as Jesus is probably some amalgamation of lots of them. Also, a lot of Christianity is influenced by the writings of Paul, who only met Jesus after he was dead which, again, I have a few issues with. Interesting fella though. I saw his blood in Bruges. Looked like a sausage

I've found the Kaballah far more interesting with reg to the Jewish arcane beliefs. The stories of making Golems (Golum?) by incantation of sacred numbers and clay to defend the Prague ghetto by the Maharal of Prague Judah Loew.

27 minutes ago, Park Life said:

I've found the Kaballah far more interesting with reg to the Jewish arcane beliefs. The stories of making Golems (Golum?) by incantation of sacred numbers and clay to defend the Prague ghetto by the Maharal of Prague Judah Loew.

Thought Pi was a good film. The soundtrack was even better.

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Thought Pi was a good film. The soundtrack was even better.

I was just thinking about that. :D 'The truth will set you free'.

Gonna give it another watch.

Edited by Park Life

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Totally agree about the influence of him, which is amazing whether he existed or not. Even more so if it's the latter :lol:

Indeed. If it was made up, then the guy who made him up instead becomes the most influential person throughout all of human history. Either way, someone is responsible for it whether the man himself or the guy who invented him.

2000 years man :lol: In 2000 years from now, will anyone from this time period be remembered (in the same sense) at all? The only person I can think of is Trump, and only if he triggers some form of event which brings about the end of existence. And even then, no one would be left to remember him anyway!

Edited by Rayvin

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Indeed. If it was made up, then the guy who made him up instead becomes the most influential person throughout all of human history. Either way, someone is responsible for it whether the man himself or the guy who invented him.

2000 years man :lol: In 2000 years from now, will anyone from this time period be remembered (in the same sense) at all? The only person I can think of is Trump, and only if he triggers some form of event which brings about the end of existence. And even then, no one would be left to remember him anyway!

Russelus Brandicus.

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Jesus needs to take a long hard look at himself when you consider how many wars have been fought in his name and how many kids have been fiddled in his houses 

He should take a look at the UAE where no religion-based atrocities occur 

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

2000 years man :lol: In 2000 years from now, will anyone from this time period be remembered at all? The only person I can think of is Trump, and only if he triggers some form of event which brings about the end of existence. And even then, no one would be left to remember him anyway!

Once read a novel based on the discovery of the original Bible and it transpired it was the collection of the tales of a blind man written down by his imbecilic scribe.

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

He should take a look at the UAE where no religion-based atrocities occur 

:lol:

16 minutes ago, Park Life said:

I was just thinking about that. :D

Gonna give it another watch.

Think I might as well.

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Moses, who also quite possibly didn't exist, got there first.

Moses is Copperfield (Parting the sea/Making the Statue of Liberty disappear)

Jesus is Blaine (Pissing about in that cave/Pissing about in that box)

Makes sense when you think about it

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Moses is Copperfield (Parting the sea/Making the Statue of Liberty disappear)

Jesus is Blaine (Pissing about in that cave/Pissing about in that box)

Makes sense when you think about it

:lol: Sort of

5 hours ago, Alex said:

I tend to think that he either didn't exist or he did but the tales about him are wildly inaccurate.

News at 10.  Man did NOT walk on water shocker.

I'm fairly certain he existed but may change my mind in the 2 pages I haven't read yet.

I thought the universe had forgotten about that French version of "Can't Change Me", but nope, it was just taking its time to mete out its punishment.

That's a fucker though. :(

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...