Yes Gemmill...

catmag

Just remembered I actually saw them and Faith No More supporting Guns n Roses at Gateshead Stadium. Only went to see the two supporting acts.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Just remembered I actually saw them and Faith No More supporting Guns n Roses at Gateshead Stadium. Only went to see the two supporting acts.

Faith No More pissed on Guns n Roses that night.

Only 52, what a shame. He was one of the best rock and roll singers ever in my opinion, a totally unique voice. Superunknown was a genuine masterpiece, still sounds incredible today. He was good with Audioslave as well, even if they didn't quite have the magic of Soundgarden. RIP.

I think most of the Soundgarden songs I like, I like because of the musicianship going on around Cornell but you couldn't deny how good a vocalist and rock songwriter he was. That shows the most in Temple of The Dog which, if you like Soundgarden, is pretty much essential. Shame.

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Chris Cornell. Alive? Not so much.

Alive is a shit Pearl Jam song and seeing they were the work of the devil, those fuckers will still be here with Keith when the world ends.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I think most of the Soundgarden songs I like, I like because of the musicianship going on around Cornell but you couldn't deny how good a vocalist and rock songwriter he was. That shows the most in Temple of The Dog which, if you like Soundgarden, is pretty much essential. Shame.

Haven't listened to that album in fucking ages.

45 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Alive is a shit Pearl Jam song and seeing they were the work of the devil, those fuckers will still be here with Keith when the world ends.

I'm aware of that. :lol: It wasn't intended to be a pun.

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Potential suicide

I hope not. My guess is either his heart went or he took an accidental OD

edit - I see there are unconfirmed rumours he hung himself :(

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Horrible to hear. He was tweeting about Detroit show they were playing as if there was nothing wrong.

I seen Soundgarden play Superunknown all the way through & it was awesome but I enjoyed his Audioslave work too.

Sad loss to music.

If he'd been found with his pants round his ankles they wouldn't have confirmed it as a suicide. Apparently his wife was worried and asked his friend to go looking for him. You wonder whether he had sent her a text or something before he did it 

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Nicky Hayden has died (ex MotoGP world

champion)

He spent his life riding motorbikes at 200mph and then died getting knocked off his pedalbike. Only 35 :(

That's so fucked, he was racing a superbike at Imola two weeks ago.

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...