Yes Gemmill...

catmag

Shame. I remember reading an article he wrote where he was candid about his alcoholism. He used to hide bottles of vodka around the house and garden away from Maggie. He divorced and quit the alcohol, but couldn't also quit smoking. Sounds like he died of COPD.

RIP Cheggars, way too young. 

On 12/10/2017 at 4:43 PM, Gemmill said:

@catmag''s doppelganger according to the grey man. 

Between the pair of you, you've claimed I look like Clifford and had a secret tryst with Chegwin at Malamison.

I'd stay away from me given they're dropping like flies..

• 4 weeks later...

Only 5 caps. Christ knows how many the likes of Mark Hateley got. Played like Drogbas older, quieter, harder brother. Tony Adams talks about marking him during TAs early days at arsenal, just a phenomenal athlete he says (CR and Olympic sprinter John Regis were cousins) with the touch and pace of a very good inside forward. Cup winner at the last truly romantic cup final in 87 with Coventry, pretty sure he scored that day. Saw him rip us to bits in Willie McFaul's last game as our manager.   Rip Cyrille. 

horribly early death. that spurs/cov final was one the best ever. keith houchen flying header, proper underdog story. 

regis was also an inspiration for young black footballers. RIP 

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Only 5 caps. Christ knows how many the likes of Mark Hateley got. Played like Drogbas older, quieter, harder brother. Tony Adams talks about marking him during TAs early days at arsenal, just a phenomenal athlete he says (CR and Olympic sprinter John Regis were cousins) with the touch and pace of a very good inside forward. Cup winner at the last truly romantic cup final in 87 with Coventry, pretty sure he scored that day. Saw him rip us to bits in Willie McFaul's last game as our manager.   Rip Cyrille. 

It was Dave Bennett, you massive racist ;)

Clive Allen scored from a Waddle cross after about two minutes and I think most people assumed that was that but it was a great rollercoaster affair. Gary Mabbutt scored an own goal in extra time which turned out to be the winner for Coventry. He'd earlier restored Spurs' lead just before half-time. Bennett set one up too. Glenn Hoddle had one trademarked invisible man performances.

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

It was Dave Bennett, you massive racist ;)

Clive Allen scored from a Waddle cross after about two minutes and I think most people assumed that was that but it was a great rollercoaster affair. Gary Mabbutt scored an own goal in extra time which turned out to be the winner for Coventry. He'd earlier restored Spurs' lead just before half-time. Bennett set one up too. Glenn Hoddle had one trademarked invisible man performances.

31 year ago man! :lol:

At least I didn't say he scored one of the all time great cup final goals with a diving header in that final blah blah blah...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

31 year ago man! :lol:

At least I didn't say he scored one of the all time great cup final goals with a diving header in that final blah blah blah...

Funny but I could recall aspects of that game more clearly than the few in recent years I've bothered to watch. Felt sorry for Mabbutt. Always seemed like a decent bloke

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...