Yes Gemmill...

catmag

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

Funny but I could recall aspects of that game more clearly than the few in recent years I've bothered to watch. Felt sorry for Mabbutt. Always seemed like a decent bloke

Yeah, shit way to lose a final but spurs had put us out that year (If my memory serves me well :D ) Hillsborough type crush was only narrowly averted at WHL that day? 

Edited by PaddockLad

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah, shit way to lose a final but spurs had put us out that year (If my memory serves me well: D ) Hillsborough type crush was only narrowly averted at WHL that day? 

Aye, I think Shinton who used to post regularly on here was there that day. And I think it was Stevie who mentioned (in relation to that) how bad it could've been if we'd played Forest at Hillsborough in the semi instead of Liverpool. I.e. how many would've travelled without tickets for what would've been our biggest match in over a decade.

Edited by Alex

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye, I think Shinton who used to post regularly on here was there that day. And I think it was Stevie who mentioned (in relation to that) how bad it could've been if we'd played Forest at Hillsborough in the semi instead of Liverpool. I.e. how many would've travelled without tickets for what would've been our biggest match in over a decade.

i was there (at Spurs) - it was horrific - and underscored by the same police incompetence/contempt/malice.

Clyde Best was the first black footballer I can remember in this country but Regis was the first real star. RIP.

56 minutes ago, Alex said:

Funny but I could recall aspects of that game more clearly than the few in recent years I've bothered to watch.

Aye, same. Probably one of my earliest (properly clear) non-NUFC memories, 1986 World Cup aside. Maybe one of my fondest too in a funny way. Definitely recall some attempts to recreate the Houchen header ending in playground misery. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Dolores O'Riordan, apparently. That's a bit out of nowhere.

Shit. She can't be very old. RIP.

My mate Paul was in love with her for about 10 years

RIP. Used to like listening to his anecdotes and stuff when he was co-commentating. His 40-odd England caps came in an era with less friendlies, competitive fixtures and no subs.

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...