Yes Gemmill...

catmag

4 hours ago, Alex said:

RIP. Used to like listening to his anecdotes and stuff when he was co-commentating. His 40-odd England caps came in an era with less friendlies, competitive fixtures and no subs.

Aye he was easy to listen to and came across as a decent bloke.

RIP

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well tbs the poteen does have that effect on me. 

Thought it was new make spirit (i.e. unaged whiskey) rather than made from potatoes.

There's a joke in there somewhere about you liking the tastes of tetty juice btw

Definelty. When I seen the Fall he went round turning all the amps up, fucking with the settings, harassing timid lady on keyboards.

Mad as a box of frogs on a rollercoaster 

Saw the fall a few years back at our local tribute act venue, an old church hall...he was fuckin paralytic, the drunkest I've ever seen a front man and I've seen the pogues 3 times. Each song was the same, just when you thought it was all going to descend into a noisey incoherent mess they managed to sort of pull it out the fire and regroup into something that sounded fuckin brilliant. 

He was a one off, probably the last original punk rocker who still played in that sort of spirit. RIP Mark, ya mad bastard..

Edited by PaddockLad

The Fall were great live (saw them in the 80s and a few years ago) but in part it was always about what Mark E Smith was going to do on stage.

The recent albums aren't band anarl.

RIP you old manc cunt. Don't give Ian to much grief.

2 minutes ago, sammynb said:

What about this?

FFS. :lol:

If I'd heard it or another of their songs I must've quickly turned it over. I don't mind quirky or originality but that's just noise. Each to their own, obviously.

26 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

FFS. :lol:

If I'd heard it or another of their songs I must've quickly turned it over. I don't mind quirky or originality but that's just noise. Each to their own, obviously.

This one?

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...