Yes Gemmill...

catmag

3 minutes ago, NJS said:

I saw him when I was about 12 in Blackpool and he was great - on for ages as usual. 

Soured my opinion of him by being a tax evader though. 

Aye, defrauds her majesty's revenue and customs for decades, gets away with It, subsequently aludes to the fact he's guilty as shit in his act  ("self assessment? I invented that!") eventually deemed "national treasure" and is therefore granted the obligatory knighthood by the woman he was defrauding.  I fuckin love this country :lol:

17 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Look at this scumbag trying to politicise his death. CT is seething.

There are legitimate replies to that tweet echoing that sentiment.

“I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.”

what an incredible human being, he was. he transcended his field. i have little understanding of basic physics, let alone his work on cosmology, but i woke up this morning feeling genuinely saddened at the news of his passing. a great man who determined not to let his disability define him. 

he was also for wealth redistribution and warned about the future of capitalism in an automated world

"If machines produce everything we need, the outcome will depend on how things are distributed," he wrote. "Everyone can enjoy a life of luxurious leisure if the machine-produced wealth is shared, or most people can end up miserably poor if the machine-owners successfully lobby against wealth redistribution."

• Like 1

RIP Stephen Hawking. 

Did anyone genuinely read and or understand A brief history of time? 

I read it twice a little while apart and convinced myself I sort of got it - might try again. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...