Yes Gemmill...

catmag

57 minutes ago, Renton said:

Dacre has resigned, he's not dead (unfortunately).

:D Still, something to look forward to

Just now, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Glynn Edwards better known as Dave the barman from Minder and Cpl William Allen in Zulu.

RIP. Used to love Minder when I was a bairn. He must've been knocking on like as that was a canny while ago and he was no spring chicken back then

9 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Big fan of his shows.  It seemed he'd been big into drugs in his earlier days (weren't we all) so I wonder if he'd continued problems with them.  RIP

He drank quite heavily on his travels. That's just what the camera showed aswell. 

The minute I'm in Newcastle I'm on the drink. I haven't read any of his books but I've heard the first couple (A Cook's Tour and Kitchen Confidential) are good

2 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I can't imagine most of us would be much different in the same position like.  The minute I'm outside Newcastle I'm on the drink.  If I was doing what he was I'd most likely be a massive alcoholic.

It came with the territory of his show really, visiting so many restaurants and bars always mean't he'd have a drink in his hand. Will miss his shows, always insightful and he was very very funny.

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...