Yes Gemmill...

catmag

Fuck. Same age as me :(

Was lucky enough to see them loads of times..a mate started his working life in a gig selling VW spares. This lead to him having a stall every year at "bug jam" at Santa Pod raceway near Northampton, I used to tag along as most VW beetle/T5 drivers back then liked a party. I think the Prodigy were the "secret guest act" 3 years in a row, all in their daft looking harlequin outfits. Saw them regularly after that too when they gradually went "Rock" and became a brilliant live act. Think Keith was instrumental to that. Sad he's gone. 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Sounds like it is suicide. ffs

Aye :(

Liam Howlett, who formed the group in 1990, confirmed his death was a suicide. “The news is true, I can’t believe I’m saying this but our brother Keith took his own life over the weekend,” he wrote on Instagram. “I’m shell shocked, fuckin angry, confused and heart broken ..... r.i.p brother Liam”.

10 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Magenta Devine, of Network 7 and other yoof TV fame.  Teenage me might have had a bit of a crush on her :rip:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/mar/06/magenta-devine-presenter-of-network-7-and-rough-guide-dies-aged-61?CMP=share_btn_tw

:( It would seem tame now because everyone in their teens and 20s travel the world now but back then Rough Guide was class. Before then bar Michael Palin’s stuff the only travel shows were things like Chris Kelly and Judith Chalmers telling you how many pesetas it was for a jug of sangria in Torremolinos. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Tommy Smith RIP

714E290D-3411-45D4-A8E5-E922249E5331.jpeg

Local lad made good. Must’ve been a dream come true scoring for his hometown team in the European Cup final in his final season. My dad always said he was hard but fair. RIP

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Alex said:

Local lad made good. Must’ve been a dream come true scoring for his hometown team in the European Cup final in his final season. My dad always said he was hard but fair. RIP

He had terrible arthritis apparently but a few years back pumped himself full of painkillers so he could take part in a pre game penalty shoot out v some Everton old boys. Some Evertoian knew he was getting sickness benefit and duly grassed him up to the social :lol:

Going to make a twat of myself and say the Newcastle player in the pic is Bryan “Pop” Robson. That’s almost certainly incorrect but there you :D

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He had terrible arthritis apparently but a few years back pumped himself full of painkillers so he could take part in a pre game penalty shoot out v some Everton old boys. Some Evertoian knew he was getting sickness benefit and duly grassed him up to the social :lol:

Going to make a twat of myself and say the Newcastle player in the pic is Bryan “Pop” Robson. That’s almost certainly incorrect but there you :D

It's hallelujah John Tudor you MASSIVE TWAT, you. :lol:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I nearly mentioned that story about the penalty shoot out :D

Edited by Alex

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...