Yes Gemmill...

catmag

Tommy Smith's house used to be on my paper round. He answered the door pissed one xmas eve and gave me ten pound tip, which was a jaw dropping amount to me in those days.

Kenny Dalgish house was next door. He gave me nowt the tight cunt

Edited by spongebob toonpants
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

That's an idea Donald, maybe Quasimodo can piss on it too?

:D

I wonder if there’s a reason that fire services don’t use heavily-loaded, extremely low-flying aircraft over densely populated capital cities? 

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:D

I wonder if there’s a reason that fire services don’t use heavily-loaded, extremely low-flying aircraft over densely populated capital cities? 

The whole structure would collapse with the weight of the water, the man is thicker than a castle wall.

43 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

The whole structure would collapse with the weight of the water, the man is thicker than a castle wall.

I don’t think that’s a worry any more. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/notre-dame-cathedral-fire-spire-video-fall-collapse-paris-france-a8871531.html

The Parisians must be miserable.… :whistle:

Some wank pot on 5 Live this morning tried making out the architects will know every dimension of the place.  Get to fuck daft cunt.  Architects stuggle with new builds let alone a survey on a place like that.  That would cost hundreds of thousands.  They were begging for money for a fucking masonry repair let alone a point cloud survey and dimension survey.

Where the fuck do the Beeb find these glue sniffing cunts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Some wank pot on 5 Live this morning tried making out the architects will know every dimension of the place.  Get to fuck daft cunt.  Architects stuggle with new builds let alone a survey on a place like that.  That would cost hundreds of thousands.  They were begging for money for a fucking masonry repair let alone a point cloud survey and dimension survey.

:lol:

:calmdown:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Glue sniffing cunt 1:0 wyki

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Awkward :lol:

I appreciate this is an important historical and religious building to a lot of people and it's terrible it's burned down, BUT you would think there were 300 worshippers inside when it went up reading some of the press coverage. Maybe it's difficult for me to comprehend being staunchly atheist?

Edited by Kid Dynamite

14 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I appreciate this is an important historical and religious building to a lot of people and it's terrible it's burned down, BUT you would think there were 300 worshippers inside when it went up reading some of the press coverage. Maybe it's difficult for me to comprehend being staunchly atheist?

One of the aspects of going to games in Europe I always enjoyed was visiting significant churches. The architecture and art can be breathtaking but I always spared a thought for the poor peasants who paid for them both literally and by resources not spent on the communities by the bishops/popes. 

It's a shame this has happened but the gnashing of teeth grates on me too - fuckers turning up and singing hymns being an example.

25 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I was devastated by this and not because it's a religious building per se. It's a monument to Western civilisation that has stood for 800 years. It's also a monument for France's identity.

If it had been Buckingham Palace or something i don't think i would have cared overly. Or even a normal cathedral. But Notre Dame is just hugely culturally significant.

I think someone would be doing the country a favour by burning down Buckingham Palace, it's an ugly looking building. Notre Dame's exterior was beautiful though. I wasn't that impressed with what I saw of the interior.

34 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I don’t believe in god but I do appreciate a lot of religious architecture. I found the events quite tragic. You can still find human tragedy to be just that and be upset by something like this. Although it does appear that the vault is completely intact and restoration is just a matter of when rather than if. I don’t mean that as a dig at you or anything because I understand where you’re coming from 

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...