Yes Gemmill...

catmag

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

That season Goddard kept us up, was that where he broke (or maybe equalled) the then record for scoring in consecutive league games? Think it was Len White’s record. Seem to remember the dulcet tones of mackem-loving Charles Harrison going on about that at the time (might’ve been a subsequent season) 

Not sure of the season but pretty sure it was White's record. My mate went on a chartered plane to Southampton a few years ago organised by Harrison, said he was good crack and a bit of a character. Went from intentions of going to take the piss about his commentary skills back in the day to singing his praises by the time he got back. :lol:

• Haha 1

Kind of related but I remember being in the Broad Chare with Tooj a while back when Roger Thames came in with (presumably) his wife. He kept looking round as if to see if anyone had clocked him (Roger not Tooj). I found it quite funny as I would imagine most people didn’t and those that did wouldn’t give a fuck 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

Kind of related but I remember being in the Broad Chare with Tooj a while back when Roger Thames came in with (presumably) his wife. He kept looking round as if to see if anyone had clocked him (Roger not Tooj). I found it quite funny as I would imagine most people didn’t and those that did wouldn’t give a fuck 

:lol:

Definitely not his wife.  

• Haha 2

But what I meant was he didn’t look worried. He looked like he was hoping someone would recognise him :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alex said:

To be fair to De Courcey/nookie bear/Tames, I once saw him in fluid and he walked in with a camera and started asking questions to random NUFC fans. Now I'm not exactly an avid watcher of Tyne Tees or look north but thought he'd retired years ago. Anyway, I was full of blooter and grabbed a hold of him and said something along the lines of how he always had a massive hard on for Bernie Slaven and his commentary always said shit like 'The Holgate/Fulwell/Gallowgate absolutely erupts' whilst he was obviously in the studio editing it? He looked a bit uncomfortable to put it mildly and fucked off pretty sharpish. Anyway, maybe he was on the lookout for similar encounters? :lol:

• Haha 4

Tyldsley going over the top a bit, he's still commentating for them......what?......Sam Matterface is replacing him?.....What a fucking disgrace, Clive! Yee get 'em telt wor kid! :D

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...