Yes Gemmill...

catmag

On 26/11/2020 at 13:26, Alex said:

The weirdest thing about the hand of god, more than the officials missing it, is the back pass by Steve Hodge that set it up. To this day I’ve no idea what the fuck he thought he was doing 

Never mind that - what Sir Bobby was thinking starting him ahead of digger Barnes?

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Never mind that - what Sir Bobby was thinking starting him ahead of digger Barnes?

Barnes had to be dropped after the first two games because he'd been  fuckin useless...tbf, fatigue was blamed and am sure that was a factor. Hodge & Beardsley ripped Poland & Paraguay a new one so he'd deserved to keep his place. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Barnes had to be dropped after the first two games because he'd been  fuckin useless...tbf, fatigue was blamed and am sure that was a factor. Hodge & Beardsley ripped Poland & Paraguay a new one so he'd deserved to keep his place. 

I don’t remember that as well as you, I was only 7. I just remember Barnes coming on as a sub against Argentina and setting up our only goal.

Edited by Dr Gloom

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don’t remember that as well as you, I was only 7. I just remember Barnes coming on as a sub against Argentina and setting up our only goal.

Are you suggesting I'm an old cunt my dear Doctor? 😠

1 hour ago, NJS said:

In addition to playing Barnes in the first two games - I know Bobby is held up as infallible sometimes but starting Mark Hateley instead of Beardsley was a shocker. 

I remember everyone crying out for Beardsley to replace hateley but Bobby sometimes was a bit too loyal to established players.

There’s a good bit in (I think) Jonathan Wilson’s inverting the pyramid. About the tactical innovation of 3-5-2 used by Argentina in 86. Bilardo feared its weakness against a team employing two wide men exactly how England lined up against them when Waddle and Barnes came on as subs in that match

7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

i take it back - your memory is clearly fading. in fact barnes didn't play in the opening two games. the appearance off the bench was his first of the tournament.

old cunt 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i take it back - your memory is clearly fading. in fact barnes didn't play in the opening two games. the appearance off the bench was his first of the tournament.

old cunt 

Really? :lol:

Maybe am.getting mixed up with Euro 88...

7 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Bloody hell. 

He always looked like he’d just smelt a particularly bad beer fart that Cathy Secker had crop-dusted him with just before going on air. 

RIP

Had one of those unfortunate pube hairstyles.

• Haha 3

Peter Alliss, ex pro golfer/commentator has croaked it aged 89, the fuckin gin soaked old cunt...well, that’s what my old man who had the apparent misfortune of being in his company on licensed premises more that once in the 70s called him anyway..

RIP Peter.....sometimes think Farage modelled his entire persona on this fucker :cuppa:

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Had one of those unfortunate pube hairstyles.

Good thing you lot weren't involved in his eulogy.

*To be fair the Wanless news presenter pun was a good un.

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...