Yes Gemmill...

catmag

Doug Scott- 79. 
The first Englishman to stand on the summit of Everest, and an absolute legend in the climbing world. 
The story of his descent of the Ogre after snapping both legs at the shin is gut wrenching, and well worth reading. 
Decent obit here which mentions his work in later life in Nepal. 

RIP

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Doug Scott- 79. 
The first Englishman to stand on the summit of Everest, and an absolute legend in the climbing world. 
The story of his descent of the Ogre after snapping both legs at the shin is gut wrenching, and well worth reading. 
Decent obit here which mentions his work in later life in Nepal. 

RIP

I saw a documentary about that climb of the Ogre. Absolutely crackers. RIP 

RIP. That was my first World Cup (that I can remember anyway). Everyone (including me) has fond memories of Brazil and the French in that World Cup but that Italy team played some great stuff as the tournament progressed. No age at all either. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

Aye. Lifelong Tory who, after developing dementia, realises the social care is shite. So, instead of recognising why that is, gives Johnson a lovely PR opportunity holding hands with him in the Downing Street rose garden whilst ‘discussing the issue’. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...