Yes Gemmill...

catmag

4 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

I saw a Bobby Charlton interview where he said (I think) that he got tickets for the 1960 European Cup final at Hampden Park* and was more impressed with Gento that Di Stefano or Puskas..ran the game from the right wing... RIP

* nearly every significant figure in Scottish football in the 70s,80s & 90s was at the game, including Fergie, Andy Roxburgh & Craig Brown who all managed Scotland..Real beat Eintracht Frankfurt 7-3, it was a real education for many 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I saw a Bobby Charlton interview where he said (I think) that he got tickets for the 1960 European Cup final at Hampden Park* and was more impressed with Gento that Di Stefano or Puskas..ran the game from the right wing... RIP

* nearly every significant figure in Scottish football in the 70s,80s & 90s was at the game, including Fergie, Andy Roxburgh & Craig Brown who all managed Scotland..Real beat Eintracht Frankfurt 7-3, it was a real education for many 👍

I’ve watched the full game. Funnily enough before that I’d watched the full 1955 FA Cup final. Incredible to think the matches were just 5 years apart. It was like you were watching a different sport 

46 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Rip Meat. Whitney’s waiting :cry:

C55F10C5-6C37-40C1-9F76-D5AC6D313EFA.gif

Condolences CT. If it's anything like Bowie was for me, you're chakras will be shattered and you have a tough decade ahead. Best of luck. 

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

What’s the story behind the half, then? 

Did he skip out or you? 

He collapsed on stage at City Hall, (1985) we all thought he’d pegged it, was one minute doing his thing, next second spark out and down, was rushed to RVI.   

We got free tix for rescheduled gig which was a few weeks later.

He came here in 2011 for the AFL grandfinal.  Melbourne are different to Sydney and I am happy to say I don't follow the sport. Anyway he performed and sadly it must go down as the worst live performance in the history of musical entertainment. 

RiP

• Haha 6

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...