Yes Gemmill...

catmag

Used to work with a bloke who looked like Hitler and was fucking mental, everyone apparently knew him, he was called Shaun. One day we saw him at work and we said that Tuigamala looks a unit as we knew he sometimes used to watch the falcons. It must've been his debut and he'd been there two minutes really. Shaun said he reached across where the tunnel was, tapped him on the shoulder and gave him the self titled best worker in the north east's seal of approval by saying, 'Well done Inga, lad' to which, according to Shaun he replied instantly, 'I'm still jetlagged, Shaun, I can do better than that', :lol: proving that everybody did indeed know him. There was a similar tale involving Shearer after his two goals in the San Siro. Reckoned he congratulated big Al to which Shearer apparently said, 'I just try my best, Shaun.' :lol: I know this will mean Jack Shit to you all but he was the toucher's toucher who used to unintentionally have you in stitches and I can't think of poor Tuigamala without thinking of 'Super' Shaun as he was known at work. RIP Inga, lad, no doubt Super will raise a glass to you tonight. 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Rod Marsh stumped, I hated him as a player, RIP

How could you hate Marshy?

He and cousin Doug were part of the Australian team you could actually be proud of, unlike the current bunch of cheating cunts.

RIP Marshy, enjoy your cold tinny after the big game in the sky.

australian-players-rodney-marsh-doug-wal

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sammynb said:

How could you hate Marshy?

Well he was an Aussie, and it felt like we hardly ever beat them.

He played England 42 times and only lost 11.

50 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Well he was an Aussie, and it felt like we hardly ever beat them.

He played England 42 times and only lost 11.

Well there is that for you and your countrymen but here, obviously it's a different story.

41 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Always something of a pantomime villain in my memory.

One time holder of the drinking record for the flight across for the ashes

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/australian-cricket-great-doug-walters-lifts-the-lid-on-drinking-record-on-trip-to-london/news-story/37f83ad79204a970de9da6e15bb682f3

And as Doug says, Marsh's and Boon's records were merely because they had further to travel on a plane, Doug was probably still drinking in the cab on the way home/to the hotel and he never tried to claim those!

TBH I've not given a fuck about cricket since that lot, Marsh, Walters, Lillee, Thommo, etc retired from cricket as it's been nothing but a series of absolute twat since.

Those that followed have never been anywhere near as good as that Australian team and that's why they've sledged/cheated their way ever since - with Chappell's decision in 1981 the start of it all.

Marsh actually challenged him on the ground and protested against it, so fair play to Marshy.

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Well there is that for you and your countrymen but here, obviously it's a different story.

And as Doug says, Marsh's and Boon's records were merely because they had further to travel on a plane, Doug was probably still drinking in the cab on the way home/to the hotel and he never tried to claim those!

TBH I've not given a fuck about cricket since that lot, Marsh, Walters, Lillee, Thommo, etc retired from cricket as it's been nothing but a series of absolute twat since.

Those that followed have never been anywhere near as good as that Australian team and that's why they've sledged/cheated their way ever since - with Chappell's decision in 1981 the start of it all.

Marsh actually challenged him on the ground and protested against it, so fair play to Marshy.

Aye, he tried to tell him it was a bad idea 

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...