Yes Gemmill...

catmag

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Not discounting the sentiment or the highlighting of these sorts of things but I do wonder if some people have these things queued up and ready to go for just about everybody.

Agree with the sentiment. Especially against people who are terminally ill. All for a few 'clicks'.

I suppose you should mention it when they’re alive but in this case the victim did. And it was ignored. I get what you mean though, it’s quite distasteful. He sounds like a cunt, mind. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Wow, that's awful. I've just read Dave Grohl's autobiography and they were really close. Accidental OD?

Heart attack is the official but being a drummer he would have been a fit bugger so there must have been underlying circumstances.

RIP Taylor, good luck with the audition for that super group in the sky.

4 hours ago, sammynb said:

Heart attack is the official but being a drummer he would have been a fit bugger so there must have been underlying circumstances.

RIP Taylor, good luck with the audition for that super group in the sky.

In a statement following an initial autopsy, the country’s Attorney General’s Office said on the Foo Fighters drummer’s shock death: 'Colombia’s Attorney General’s Office can confirm the following after the initial autopsy on the body of Taylor Hawkins.

'That in the toxicology test on Taylor Hawkins’ urine 10 types of substances were preliminarily found, including marihuana, tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines, and opioids.

On 27/03/2022 at 13:21, Kid Dynamite said:

In a statement following an initial autopsy, the country’s Attorney General’s Office said on the Foo Fighters drummer’s shock death: 'Colombia’s Attorney General’s Office can confirm the following after the initial autopsy on the body of Taylor Hawkins.

'That in the toxicology test on Taylor Hawkins’ urine 10 types of substances were preliminarily found, including marihuana, tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines, and opioids.

There's footage of Hawkins singing at that last gig and he's chewing gum like a man possessed, so he's definitely found some Colombian marching powder.
This is also not good, especially for a man who had been comatosed after a previous OD:

The Colombian magazine Semana claimed Hawkins died after a sudden cardiac arrest caused by an overdose of heroin, antidepressants and benzodiazepines. The magazine said forensic medical experts had been shocked by how swollen the musician’s heart had become.

Not making light of his death but I bet the Foo Fighters wished they had Shane Warne's PR/Publicity team.

• Like 1

Have not been at that side of the town in awhile. RIP Big Unc. 

Reo Vornado, Snoop Dog's uncle, has been a local mainstay for over a decade. His ribs recipe and beef brisket mac & cheese was to die for.

Screen-Shot-2022-01-18-at-10-10-50-AM.jp

Chris Bailey, lead singer of The Saints, one of the most influential bands of the last 50 years that aren’t as well know  as they should be.

RIP Chris, always enjoyed your crooning away with a cig and glass of port in one hand, mic in the other.

This amazingly was posted by Ed Kuepper, the Saint’s guitarist, over the weekend, prior to the news.

• Like 2

You gave me the saints @sammynb mate, I saw Courtney Barnett in Bristol and she came on to do backing vocals for the support Big Nasty when they covered this, I’d never heard of it or them at the time but I asked you on here what it might be &  now I’ve got the first two albums and listened to the rest and Ed Kuepper’s solo stuff etc… cheers mate, RIP Chris…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

You gave me the saints @sammynb mate, I saw Courtney Barnett in Bristol and she came on to do backing vocals for the support Big Nasty when they covered this, I’d never heard of it or them at the time but I asked you on here what it might be &  now I’ve got the first two albums and listened to the rest and Ed Kuepper’s solo stuff etc… cheers mate, RIP Chris…

@PaddockLad god that must have been forever ago, nice to know I do some good, sometimes.

I'm off to see Ed do a show in a small coast town called Milton, Friday week, it will be his first live gig after this news, so not sure how he will be, he's a very dry person (must be the german in him) but I cannot see how he won't be a bit emotional as he's playing songs from his whole career and he loves to do a Saints track or two.

41 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Sad news indeed. One of my all time favourites

It's amazing how quickly they were shunned once they got to England as they didn't look like the London punk, instead they had long hair, daggy clothes but they also come from a place, Brisbane Queensland in the 1970s, where it was a facist state. Where the cops would arrest/beat anyone they wanted and kids listening to loud fast music after 9pm were target number one.

If you listen to Gary Crowley talk about them, their influence on the punk sound in England was huge.

Probably along with Joy Division and Talking Heads in their prime (before the commercial shite), the Saints are a band I wish I had of had the opportunity to see but I'm that bit too young but I was lucky enough to see Chris a few times and I always make sure I see Ed whenever I can as he never disappoints.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sammynb said:

If you listen to Gary Crowley talk about them, their influence on the punk sound in England was huge.

:yes

According to Bob Geldof, "Rock music in the seventies was changed by three bands—the Sex Pistols, the Ramones and the Saints"

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...