Yes Gemmill...

catmag

It has been such a shocking last couple of months for Australian cricket fans. Both Warnie and Roy are part of my generation as a fan and ofcourse they are part of the greatest generation that they have played in.

37 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Wasn’t there a bit of a carry on when he almost signed up to play for England? 🤔 sad news RIP

He was born in England, so yeah, he could have played for your lot.

But he was as Aussie as an Aussie can be. It was never going to happen. 

• Like 2

Obviously better known for his ODI exploits but 25 tests is not to be sniffed at considering the level that Australian test side were at. He was born in England and I think one of his parents was from the Caribbean. But he was adopted as a baby and lived virtually all his life in Oz. I think the only talk about him playing for England was when he played for Gloucestershire and the press found out he’d been born here. But I think that’s all it ever was, i.e. paper talk in the UK 

• Like 3

On 15/05/2022 at 22:05, Alex said:

Obviously better known for his ODI exploits but 25 tests is not to be sniffed at considering the level that Australian test side were at. He was born in England and I think one of his parents was from the Caribbean. But he was adopted as a baby and lived virtually all his life in Oz. I think the only talk about him playing for England was when he played for Gloucestershire and the press found out he’d been born here. But I think that’s all it ever was, i.e. paper talk in the UK 

Test average of 40. Never lost a WC game and he played in 2.

It looks like he tried to avoid an animal on the road the caused his car to flip.

Always loved him commentating on our BBL league. It isn't good but his personality and knowledge made it interesting.

Asked for a pay cut from his TV duties so that he could go fishing more. 

• Like 3

Depeche Mode were one of my favourite bands growing up. Violator s still a great album. And Goodfellas remains one of my favourite films :( RIP 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Depeche Mode were one of my favourite bands growing up. Violator s still a great album. And Goodfellas remains one of my favourite films :( RIP 

Have you any other notable (still alive) favorite's ?? Perhaps we can contact them and ask them to be extra careful about things for a while.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Have you any other notable (still alive) favorite's ?? Perhaps we can contact them and ask them to be extra careful about things for a while.

I love Boris Johnson 🙏

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...