Yes Gemmill...

catmag

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62844663

Bit on bairns

It is not yet clear if they will close at all before then. The Department for Education and devolved administrations are expected to issue advice.

Aye because Covid closures didn't do enough harm.  So let's close schools now because Jemima has been told by her parents Sebastian and Kindred have told her to be.  FFS.

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

No tour of Britain cycling finish @ Ferndown tomorrow, the current Mrs PL’s home town 

No all day sesh in that London on Sunday, regardless of ticket situation 

:( 

ToB has been cancelled fully.

Help me, I'm already flagging here lads, I don't think I can last the full 10 days without LOSING MY SHIT. I like to listen to the radio whilst I wfh, and R5 is predictably back to back coverage telling me the queen is dead. Repeating the same shit over and over. Fair enough, but then ALL the other radio staions are doing it, and playing mournful shit slow shit ballads in between. To make matters worse I've cancelled my music streaming services to save money, guess I'll have to sign up again. 

I love the way we are getting no time off work but anything remotely joyful is cancelled. Get yourself to graft, but we don't care whether your a republican or not, you're not watching football. The fate of the Great North Run is still in the balance. If that is cancelled it's a sign this country is truly insane, no different ot Argentina and Eva Peron. 60,000 runners, most of whom have been training for months. All the cancelled transport, hotels, and money raised for charity, gone. It won't be possible to rearrange it. Fucking madness even considering cancelling this. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Help me, I'm already flagging here lads, I don't think I can last the full 10 days without LOSING MY SHIT. I like to listen to the radio whilst I wfh, and R5 is predictably back to back coverage telling me the queen is dead. Repeating the same shit over and over. Fair enough, but then ALL the other radio staions are doing it, and playing mournful shit slow shit ballads in between. To make matters worse I've cancelled my music streaming services to save money, guess I'll have to sign up again. 

I love the way we are getting no time off work but anything remotely joyful is cancelled. Get yourself to graft, but we don't care whether your a republican or not, you're not watching football. The fate of the Great North Run is still in the balance. If that is cancelled it's a sign this country is truly insane, no different ot Argentina and Eva Peron. 60,000 runners, most of whom have been training for months. All the cancelled transport, hotels, and money raised for charity, gone. It won't be possible to rearrange it. Fucking madness even considering cancelling this. 

If you havent taken a dive into youtube, nows the time! 

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

If you havent taken a dive into youtube, nows the time! 

Isn't that filled with adverts if you're not on premium? My 4 month free trial has just ended. I'm still pondering whichmusic service to  sign up to.

• Spotify - best overall experience, seems to know what I like more than others, but no extras.
  • Youtube music - decent enough, and advert free youtube.
  • Amazon Prime Unlimited - big collection, comes with Amazon Prime, but I'm less keen on the interface and it tends to hang on me a lot.
  • Amazon Prime - fucking shit for music, but cheap. 
  • Apple - fuck that.

25 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’d love to be a fly on the wall when Charlie gets his inheritance tax bill.…

He'll pay a token amount for a nice headline to save a 150m bill - that's what his mother did when her mother died. 

(Apologies for the serious point). 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

Im sure the crown will match those charitable donations. Maybe they can siphon a bit from the SIX BILLION POUND funeral she’ll be having. Bit of a smaller spread at the wake

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Isn't that filled with adverts if you're not on premium? My 4 month free trial has just ended. I'm still pondering whichmusic service to  sign up to.

• Spotify - best overall experience, seems to know what I like more than others, but no extras.
  • Youtube music - decent enough, and advert free youtube.
  • Amazon Prime Unlimited - big collection, comes with Amazon Prime, but I'm less keen on the interface and it tends to hang on me a lot.
  • Amazon Prime - fucking shit for music, but cheap. 
  • Apple - fuck that.

Use Spotify’s web player with a good ad-blocker and you should be good to go. Lose a bit of functionality because the web player is shit but I did it for a few month when I was cutting back 

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Im sure the crown will match those charitable donations. Maybe they can siphon a bit from the SIX BILLION POUND funeral she’ll be having. Bit of a smaller spread at the wake

I had to look this up, unbelieveable we will spunk this much money cos the boss has retired. Good job Truss has found the money forest.

https://news.sky.com/story/queens-death-what-needs-to-change-now-from-money-to-post-boxes-and-the-national-anthem-12692998#

I managed to upset my youngest yesterday, told her that all cash was invalid now as it had the queen's head on it and not Charles. She was close to tears cos she thought all her birthday money was worthless. She is so naive and I am such a cunt (for about 30 seconds!). 

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, Renton said:

we live in such an odd country. drives me mad how we're prescribed this shit. we're being told how we must feel and most people are too scared to say how they really feel about it it. 

look, an old woman died. that's always sad. but do me a fucking favour with this period of national mourning bullshit. 

• Like 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...