Yes Gemmill...

catmag

Other than personal ambition and justifying his life in some form, why has Chuck even taken this role on? What is he going to do with it, exactly? Does he have a vision or plan for the future of the monarchy or is he just wasting a few years of Bill's life out of entitlement?

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Other than personal ambition and justifying his life in some form, why has Chuck even taken this role on? What is he going to do with it, exactly? Does he have a vision or plan for the future of the monarchy or is he just wasting a few years of Bill's life out of entitlement?

He's waited a long time, pretty sure he'll think the pegger can wait a bit too.

Be interesting (I hope) to see what he does, him and horse-face have a bit of a reputation about being pretty liberal by all accounts and he's supposedly big on environment and climate change stuff.

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

the Royal Family are basically a cult, and most Brits are in it.

I think this is too negative a take, a result of the BBC's gaslighting maybe. From the evidence I've seen here at least, most Brits are just ambivalent. Walking around this weekend there was no indication at all anything was out the normal. Local market was still on, no extra royalty gubbins etc. I'd reckon less than 10% are really bothered, that's still 6 million people like (most of whom are old though). And probably the same proportion are like Robert Smith and absolutely loathe this institution. I think the monarchy will get a brief bump in popularity (cheers for the BH) but ultimately is a on a downward trajectory. They'll either drastically modernise or become extinct in 50 years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think this is too negative a take, a result of the BBC's gaslighting maybe. From the evidence I've seen here at least, most Brits are just ambivalent. Walking around this weekend there was no indication at all anything was out the normal. Local market was still on, no extra royalty gubbins etc. I'd reckon less than 10% are really bothered, that's still 6 million people like (most of whom are old though). And probably the same proportion are like Robert Smith and absolutely loathe this institution. I think the monarchy will get a brief bump in popularity (cheers for the BH) but ultimately is a on a downward trajectory. They'll either drastically modernise or become extinct in 50 years. 

Have always been a bit of a republican myself, but am starting to think, given how fucking thick the general populace are, we'd end up with Johnson as President, imagine that with unlimited power !!! (he'd be worse than Trump was/is).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Be interesting (I hope) to see what he does, him and horse-face have a bit of a reputation about being pretty liberal by all accounts and he's supposedly big on environment and climate change stuff.

Supposed to be in favour of reducing the costs of the royal family too

9 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Pegee surely? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Have always been a bit of a republican myself, but am starting to think, given how fucking thick the general populace are, we'd end up with Johnson as President, imagine that with unlimited power !!! (he'd be worse than Trump was/is).

I think the Irish/German model of a ceremonial head of state is better than the French model. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Supposed to be in favour of reducing the costs of the royal family too

I can give him some tips with that mind-

1- Stop taking public money, you obscenely wealthy twat. 

2- Stop taking public money, you obscenely wealthy twat. 

3- See 1&2. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

Yeah perhaps you’re right, but the media will have to give up on them first…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I can give him some tips with that mind-

1- Stop taking public money, you obscenely wealthy twat. 

2- Stop taking public money, you obscenely wealthy twat. 

3- See 1&2. 

A nice start would be for King Charles to pay his inheritance tax due. He's exempt. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, NJS said:

I think the Irish/German model of a ceremonial head of state is better than the French model. 

Yeah ban ex politicians, have folk from the arts, academia, sport etc. Wheel out someone like Steve Redgrave to shake hands and dish out gongs, no one is taking offence at him….

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The BBC never will. The written press love to build them up to knock them down with the next scandal. Admitedly though, Charles is too old for shenanighans now and William strikes me as very straight laced. 

Just now, Renton said:

A nice start would be for King Charles to pay his inheritance tax due. He's exempt. 

:lol: 

Dont be daft man, that would cost him at least a gold carriage, and maybe a small part of Cornwall, poor bloke would have to cut back on his inkpot-removal skivvies. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

All he needs to do to lose a big section of the media is to visibly support Meghan

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Other than having his hoop stretched by hookers? 

Hookers !!! How dare you !!! Show some respect !!! upper class girlies from the Norfolk country set (allegedly) 

The focus of R5 today when I've listened to it was is it okay for Charles to still spout his opinions and lobby PMs like he has done in the past? Apparently the man is a visionary about environmental concerns, so he should retain his influence. FIrstly, is he fuck, he's an idiot who believes in homeopathy and all sorts of quackery. But secondly, what if he was a climate change denier or anti-vaxxer. Is it okay for him to use his influence then? Which is kind of the problem with inherited monarchs and a point the BBC seems to be completely oblivious to. ANd of course, unlike a president, it's a job for life. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Other than having his hoop stretched by hookers? 

Had on, you're not saying that is deviant are you? 

Edit: ffs, I actually had some how missed this. Any links. Erm, for my research. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...