Yes Gemmill...

catmag

9 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

You know that at some point, Elton John is going to fucking murder something from his back catalogue, you just don’t know when. 

How about "I'm Still Standing"?

OK, maybe not.

• Haha 3

tenor.gif?itemid=11611677

"Goodbye England's queen

Though I never knew you at all

That didn't stop me grieving 

Or secretly having a ball

Goodbye England's Maj 

Your death has given me purpose 

Now the dryness is in my fadge 

And it seems to me

I lived my life 

Like a servile, creepy twat 

Always knowing who to slag off 

When the daily mail came in 

And I would've loved to known you 

But I was just a common cunt 

Your attendants would've thrown me out 

Before the police even did.......

...... Someone's not showing respect! Persecute the unbeliever! Police! Security!!!!"

B9316531718Z.1_20150309122920_000_GUAA5V58S.1-0.jpg

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Has anyone else found this last week absolutely exhausting?

Ive got absolutely no idea why, it just feels like a constant stream of bullshit I couldn't care less about.

Honestly, I've felt exhausted by all of *waves vaguely at everything* this for what feels like years. Everyday there's another layer of depressing shit on an already toppling tower of shit. Tories, COVID, Russia, America, Maudlin Monarchists, no football, work want me to go to Birmingham for a day.... Birmingham.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

OK, maybe not.

We should have has a sweepstake for this.

In all seriousness, hope he is okay, but it's difficult to understand how this is allowed to happen in this day and age. 

Edited by Renton

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

In all seriousness, hope he is okay, but it's difficult to understand how this is allowed to happen in this day and age. 

To be fair MF did suggest it. 

1 down, 2 to go :lol:

On 14/09/2022 at 11:57, Monkeys Fist said:

How many of the guards will faint over the four days? 

I’ll go for three. 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Craig said:

I've been trying to rationalise with myself over the past week where I stand with all of this. I am neither pro-monarchy, nor anti-monarchy. I think I'm accepting that it is part and parcel of being British and being British is something I am proud of. I'm also accepting that everyone has differing opinions which should all be respected but not necessarily agreed with. I personally find the behaviour of the Celtic fans last night crass and unnecessary but conversely, I find the behaviour of Preston North End and the police who removed the guy holding the 'Not my King' sign totalitarian and completely unacceptable also.

I found myself unexpectedly upset my the news that she'd died and have tried since to understand why. The 'she was one of the only constants in our lives' line has been played to death but I suspect that is partly the reason behind it. Whilst the conduct of some of her family and her support of them in the wake of that conduct is highly questionable, I did admire her. I think she did listen to Blair and adapt following the death of Diana and she had the capacity to modernise the monarchy albeit subtly. Perhaps the other factor is I knew what we were dealing with, with her whereas Charles's style is a bit of a step into the unknown. 

In terms of what other people are doing, I cannot for the life of me understand why people feel the need to queue halfway across London to walk past her coffin. I don't truly understand the need for the country to completely grind to a halt for the state funeral either and the coverage from the media channels is completely excessive. That said it is a seismic moment in our history and she is someone who will be missed. 

I fucking do, it's the only good thing to come out of this, an unexpected long weekend !!

(although closing foodbanks and limiting NHS stuff is bonkers).

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Canny read, from a yank.

On 14/09/2022 at 11:57, Monkeys Fist said:

How many of the guards will faint over the four days? 

I’ll go for three. 

2 hours ago, Meenzer said:

OK, maybe not.

One down, two to go. :lol:

( poor fucker took a faceplant off the step). 

24 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

One down, two to go. :lol:

( poor fucker took a faceplant off the step). 

He should be deeply honoured to be in a position to take a faceplant off the step beside Her Maj's coffin, not a poor fucker at all.

There's dozens outside (if not hundreds would queue to do the same).

Edited by Toonpack

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11611677

"Hoo’bye Hinglan quee, 

Hough I neber huuyuuadall

Had scoobee doo de doo

Or heemy hoomy ball

Hoo’bye Hingland's Meerjjj

Your scabee scabah de scooboo

Now the hee hee hon de fadge 

Errrnd it sheems doomee 

I libbed my liiiiii

Liger serby cree betwat 

Hallways knowing hoodoo slaaaa goff 

Wendy mail curmin 

Hannah wood a liger no you

Badawaz jusss a herman cuuu

Heyour ahhenha woooo a  ho meow 

Before the pooolee never deeeee.......

...... Someone's not showing respect! Persecute the unbeliever! Police! Security!!!!"

B9316531718Z.1_20150309122920_000_GUAA5V58S.1-0.jpg

Eltoned YP 

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

He should be deeply honoured to be in a position to take a faceplant off the step beside Her Maj's coffin, not a poor fucker at all.

There's dozens outside (if not hundreds would queue to do the same).

Naah, according to your tweeter thread he'll be in disgrace because he's not dill danding. 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

Naah, according to your tweeter thread he'll be in disgrace because he's not dill danding. 

That tweeter was not BRITISH, Brits would DREAM of faceplanting for the queen (ex-queen).

14 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

It's complete bollocks because that's not a serving soldier. He is wearing the uniform of the royal company of archers and looks at least 60.

It does describe the trials of standing still for any length of time though even when trained to do so, which was the point of the post, it wasn't to check on the cap badges of the participants.

15 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

It does describe the trials of standing still for any length of time though even when trained to do so, which was the point of the post, it wasn't to check on the cap badges of the participants.

But there’s a difference between a young soldier very fit and healthy and a 60 year old.

21 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

But there’s a difference between a young soldier very fit and healthy and a 60 year old.

Aye but they "fall out" as well, very often.

Not easy standing stock still for anything over a few minutes 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...