Yes Gemmill...

catmag

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Agree change the thread title back but I don't think there is any hypocrisy in the 50 odd pages of discussion. If you live in the UK this will have impacted your life in quite a major way these past 2 weeks. 

I don't have issue with it being discussed for 50 odd pages, but if we're accepting of that we can't really complain about the media being completely focused on it as well. 

Anyway, it's time to move on. I got to the pub last night and had a whinge that they were STILL playing the sombre music. The funeral has been done, it should be a hard stop on the public mourning and the mood needs to be lifted. A couple of people had a go saying I was a disrespectful anti-royalist. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Craig said:

tbf there wasn't any outrage - not towards Meghan, Harry nor Andrew. But nor should there be. They were attending the funeral of a family member all said and done. 

Anyway, now that it's over surely it's time to change the thread title back to what it was. There's a subtle irony that we're all (including me) complaining the death and funeral of the Queen has monopolised the media when we ourselves have devoted almost 50 pages of this thread talking about it :lol:

There’s nothing ironic about it. It’s been shoved down everyone’s throat. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

There's absolutely something not right with Andrew being allowed to join in all that going on yesterday imo. If you disagree, you're possibly a sex offender. 

Again, I must insist that we refer to him with his proper title. 

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

There's absolutely something not right with Andrew being allowed to join in all that going on yesterday imo. If you disagree, you're possibly a sex offender. 

The BBC were referring to him as "The Duke of York" and he was wearing all his medals like nothing had happened. 

It's almost as if they're trying to style it out. My sister was telling me Prince Charles met Diana when she was 16 and he was in his 30s so he's possibly got an ally in rascalry there....

You reckon? I mean, Charles, who fantasised about being a tampon, was also close friends with Savile. He's either a bit noncey himself or massively gullible, neither of which are good qualities for a monarch. 

image.thumb.png.1e97ce46d9894e1481c95571cb344ff2.png

Edited by Renton

15 minutes ago, Tom said:

The BBC were referring to him as "The Duke of York" and he was wearing all his medals like nothing had happened. 

It's almost as if they're trying to style it out. My sister was telling me Prince Charles met Diana when she was 16 and he was in his 30s so he's possibly got an ally in rascalry there....

Wasn't he stripped of them?  Meanwhile Harry had to ask to wear his uniform when standing vigil :lol: 

So, about 250,000 people queued to see the Queen's coffin. I think they're mad, but worth pointing out this is 0.4% of the population. Probably less, as the BBC interviewed some fruitcases that queued twice! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Renton said:

So, about 250,000 people queued to see the Queen's coffin. I think they're mad, but worth pointing out this is 0.4% of the population. Probably less, as the BBC interviewed some fruitcases that queued twice! 

Less than go to the match in the Prem every week. 

I'm at a stage I never thought I would get to, which is I would welcome the Tories dismantling the BBC. Its news coverage isn't worth a toss

4 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Less than go to the match in the Prem every week. 

I'm at a stage I never thought I would get to, which is I would welcome the Tories dismantling the BBC. Its news coverage isn't worth a toss

I'm almost there too until I remind myself the BBC is a lot more than just a news channel. I think the argument it improves overall broadcasting quality through its high end documentaries and dramas is lessened now, but holds some weight. To put it another way, I think our TV network compares very favourably with others, especially the US, which is what the tories will want to emulate. Probably getting less relevant every year now though with so many streamng channels. 

As for news, only channel 4 news is bearable to me. 

Edited by Renton

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

In their eyes Harry's "crime" is much greater. This just proves it and says it all about this family. 

Aye they're utter weirdos and they really shouldn't be in an official role in 2022. They have a lot of power and a lot of our money. 

If it was just a bunch of lads playing "make believe" and calling themselves "King" or "Prince" or the Earl of Jabronitown on their own dime I wouldn't mind. As long as they were subjected to the same laws as the rest of us...

Theyre almost certainly all racist.

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm almost there too until I remind myself the BBC is a lot more than just a news channel. I think the argument it improves overall broadcasting quality through its high end documentaries and dramas is lessened now, but holds some weight. To put it another way, I think our TV network compares very favourably with others, especially the US, which is what the tories will want to emulate. Probably getting less relevant every year now though with so many streamng channels. 

As for news, only channel 4 news is bearable to me. 

Documentaries and dramas are pretty much all produced by independent companies for the BBC anyway.

All the decent journalists are jumping ship because they feel to shackled. Eddie Mair, James O'brien, Emily Maitliss all leaving for the same reason tells me the institution is bust

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

LIES!!!

THE WHOLE COUNTRY IS DEEPLY SADDENED!

I went to the pub yesterday and they were playing the funeral on the speakers outside...loud! Inside it was on every TV, one which was about 80". It was louder than they ever have the football..

It was very Orwellian/Black Mirror. 

I went outside with my pint to meet people, whilst the choir was blaring out of the speaker there was a man going through ashtrays for cigarette butts. A young kid stopped on his bike and looked up at the speaker to see what the fuck was going on. 

Absolutely bizarre.

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...