Yes Gemmill...

catmag

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Quo are fucking DREADFUL - all lineups. In fact the original lineup are the worst cos they're responsible for everything that followed.

Creedence have some good tunes in a cheesy southern rock kind of way.

Hard to disagree with any of this.

Run Through the Jungle is the only Creedence song worth listening to, help all the more for being the opening track in Indian Runner but the rest of their shite you have to be dead from the neck up to listen to it.

36 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Run Through the Jungle is the only Creedence song worth listening to, help all the more for being the opening track in Indian Runner but the rest of their shite you have to be dead from the neck up to listen to it.

Nah It came out of the sky is a great CCR song

Done better by aussie boys the Scientists mind

3 hours ago, sammynb said:

Speaking of dead from the neck up, I bet you think The Smiths Are “worthy”.

Gemmill’s post is as accurate as his Everton pronouncements.

• Haha 2

I remember seeing them live in the nineties. I didn't have a ticket but slipped the ticket collector a pound at the door and he let me in.

It was quid pro quo.

Get Me Coat GIF - Get Me Coat - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

All Quo is shit Quo.

Stick that line to the same three fucking chords and you've got yourself a smash hit there baby.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Nah It came out of the sky is a great CCR song

Done better by aussie boys the Scientists mind

Most things done by that era The Scientist sound better than the original TBF.

7 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Speaking of dead from the neck up, I bet you think The Smiths Are “worthy”.

Gemmill’s post is as accurate as his Everton pronouncements.

No not really, more interesting than CCR or Quo but most of their stuff is meh, doesn't take away from how good Andy Rourke was as a bass player.

But you're dead right about Scotty and him being the scouse mackems good luck charm.

8 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Green River is a good tune as well. By virtue of being pretty much identical to Run Through The Jungle in most ways

Considering Mudhoney originally named themselves Green River after that track, that's two things CCR got right.

• 3 weeks later...

We did the Myers Briggs test at work a while back and I got the result that a tiny %age of the world population gets. Looked up famous people with the same result and it was basically just me and my main man Kaczynski.

Rest In Peace, fellow INTJ.

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Renton said:

Burolosconi marrone pane.

No more bunga bunga jiggy jiggy for this cunt. 

There was some Scottish lad on twitter and his name was Silvio Tattiesconi and it still makes me laugh. :lol:

• Haha 7

There will be mourning by the Italian gammons today.

Think I've told the story, but the one time I went to Venice and we did the horrendous touristy thing of hiring a gondola, with a dutch family to save money (still a rip off). Before kids for us. Anyway, the gondolier acted like a complete prick during the boat trip, being lecherous in front of the wife, and worse, the circa 15 year old dutch daughter, being openly racist, and just a general nazi prick. But he kept on banging on about Burlosconi, boasting about the cunt's virility whilst literally thrusting his hips and saying how he likes to get "jiggy jiggy". :lol: It's one of those moments I wish I'd done something different and jut pushed the cunt overboard but, being the coward I am, the worst thing I did (and the Dutch Dad) was to not tip him. I hope he's gutted today the twat. 

• Haha 7

38 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Proper romantic Renton, fucking ride-sharing a gondola. :lol:

Hey man, it was still a fucking hundred euros! Venice is ridiculous. 

Edit: can I just say, me and Mrs Rents (even then married more than 10 years) aren't particularly the romantic types, just wanted to tick something off the bucket list I guess. But can you fucking imagine if you were a romantic couple having this Italian prick hip thrusting with his groin at your eye level going "let's get jiggy jiggy" and spending 300 euros for the pleasure? :lol:

You would be exactly the same Gemmill, nervously feeling uncomfortable and looking at your feet. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Burolosconi marrone pane.

No more bunga bunga jiggy jiggy for this cunt. 

don’t rule out a comeback. He’s survived worse 

• Haha 2

I’ve been to Venice a few times and not once have I even considered hiring a gondola. It used to be about £100 for 30 mins iirc. I hate all that forced romantic showy shite anyway but fortunately so does my lass ;) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’ve been to Venice a few times and not once have I even considered hiring a gondola. It used to be about £100 for 30 mins iirc. I hate all that forced romantic showy shite anyway but fortunately so does my lass ;) 

Agreed, see update. ;)

• Haha 4

Just now, Renton said:

Agreed, see update. ;)

:lol: Reading my reply back I know that sounded like a dig at you and your lass but it wasn’t meant to be. All bar one of the times I went to Venice it was just a day trip from staying nearby or on a Ned cruise. You can actually find some good, reasonably priced places by bothering your arse to walk about 200 yards too. The crowds around St Mark’s square though. And the pricks paying 25 euros for a coffee with some bellend playing the violin in your face :lol: 

• Haha 3

Guaranteed Renton was in full on hicky and boob-mashing mode while this poor 15 year old Dutch lass was mortified.

The gondolier would have been standing behind Tynemouth Berlusconi pointing down at him and doing the jiggy jiggy thrusting.

That's what happened here.

"Heeyah! Jean-Claude Van Dafty. Divvent get on a gondola if you divvent want to see some romance."

• Haha 4

I went on a day trip to Venice with grandparents, my sister, cousin and aunt. I was bored shitless waiting all day to get back to the hotel in lido di jesalo although what sticks out was the miserable gondolier cunt whinging his tits off in Italian as I Geronimo'd into his gondola. I was almost 14. :lol: (I'd love to go back as an adult and have a proper look around though). :good:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4