18 hours ago, The Mighty Hog said:

Mark Hollis. Talk Talk's later albums were essential listening for me during bad bouts of (not quite) insomnia, always hoped they'd pop up again unannounced.

Even a new solo album would have been great.  Sadly not to be.  RIP.

I think they were touring or something recently too

Fuck. Same age as me :(

Was lucky enough to see them loads of times..a mate started his working life in a gig selling VW spares. This lead to him having a stall every year at "bug jam" at Santa Pod raceway near Northampton, I used to tag along as most VW beetle/T5 drivers back then liked a party. I think the Prodigy were the "secret guest act" 3 years in a row, all in their daft looking harlequin outfits. Saw them regularly after that too when they gradually went "Rock" and became a brilliant live act. Think Keith was instrumental to that. Sad he's gone. 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Sounds like it is suicide. ffs

Aye :(

Liam Howlett, who formed the group in 1990, confirmed his death was a suicide. “The news is true, I can’t believe I’m saying this but our brother Keith took his own life over the weekend,” he wrote on Instagram. “I’m shell shocked, fuckin angry, confused and heart broken ..... r.i.p brother Liam”.

10 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Magenta Devine, of Network 7 and other yoof TV fame.  Teenage me might have had a bit of a crush on her :rip:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/mar/06/magenta-devine-presenter-of-network-7-and-rough-guide-dies-aged-61?CMP=share_btn_tw

:( It would seem tame now because everyone in their teens and 20s travel the world now but back then Rough Guide was class. Before then bar Michael Palin’s stuff the only travel shows were things like Chris Kelly and Judith Chalmers telling you how many pesetas it was for a jug of sangria in Torremolinos. 

• Like 1

Saw a day or two ago that Pat Mustard from Father Ted died, probably one of the best one-off characters I can remember.

I've still got his massive tool in my box.