Yes Gemmill...

catmag

">

Just hours before the news emerged. Timing. :lol::lol:

Nothing wrong with a double tribute to be fair. 'Killing two birds with one stone' and all that. Elton John did it in the nineties with 'candle in the wind' for Diana for the main single, the B-side was for Mother Theresa, 'Sandals in the bin'.

There was an article a year or two ago going on about how Prince had enough unreleased material to keep release albums for decades to come. Normally you would think it would be shit if it hadn't been released but Prince was eccentric (and wealthy) enough for there to be loads of hidden gems in amongst it. I wasn't a huge fan of his but I have a couple of mates who are (or at least were, when they were younger) proper obsessed. I think he released some great tunes though.

Kevin Smith goes into this on his first Q&A dvd. He was talking to Prince's PA who mentioned a vault (or words to that effect) of unreleased material. He'd do the video's for songs then just never release them. Given the project Smith was working on never saw the light of day either then God only knows what he's had stashed away.

:lol:

Nothing wrong with a double tribute to be fair. 'Killing two birds with one stone' and all that. Elton John did it in the nineties with 'candle in the wind' for Diana for the main single, the B-side was for Mother Theresa, 'Sandals in the bin'.

And it seems to me, you lived your life with the sandals in the bin.

Never knowing where your shoes were in the soup kitchen.

Edited by trophyshy

Had a pint of Cumberland in the grey hen in south shields and it tasted like slops, so I took it back and watched her pour another one. That was minging too, so I asked for a Guinness instead. Vile. Don't think they could have don't their pipes this month. No wonder there was only 6 people in when they had the football on live.

Had a pint of Cumberland in the grey hen in south shields and it tasted like slops, so I took it back and watched her pour another one. That was minging too, so I asked for a Guinness instead. Vile. Don't think they could have don't their pipes this month. No wonder there was only 6 people in when they had the football on live.

:rip:

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...