Yes Gemmill...

catmag

RIP

I thought he’d have been older, even though 90 is some age, but I realise it’s because he’s always looked middle-aged. 

(I think he did a show with Alan Whicker about his (then) hi-tech house. Gemmill must’ve seen it as a young bot? )

Edit: it was on Nationwide- the only copy I can find is in this Facebook page. 
https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=1238815772975531&_rdr

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Renton said:

Tum Brook Taylor dead, coronavirus. :rip:

He was in that sitcom with Richard O’Sullivan that PL mentioned above. I loved The Goodies as a kid. RIP 

• Like 2

I loved watching the Goodies with my Dad. 
His comedy credentials were fucking top notch. 

Edit; If I’m not mistaken, he co-wrote, and originally performed The Yorkshiremen sketch, with Cleese and Chapman.

Bloody Luxury. 
RIP

• Like 3

Won’t mean much to most of you, but Joe Brown, an absolute legend in British climbing, has died aged 89. 
He, and Don Whillans, were two of my heros when I was a daft young lad. 
Whillans was brash and aggressive, Brown was the opposite. Both fucking beasts when it came to sheer climbing ability. 
Here’s a video of them climbing one of their best routes together just before Whillans died. 

There’s some classic northern piss taking in it  :lol:

• Like 2

:lol: fuckin knew it you sly old dog 

Her & her old man did that “old man of Hoy” climb mostly live on BBC one weekend in the 80s?....that, kids, was great telly and your uncle Fist is just about to put the YouTube link up for us all to enjoy 😊 

• Haha 3

Just now, PaddockLad said:

:lol: fuckin knew it you sly old dog 

Her & her old man did that “old man of Hoy” climb mostly live on BBC one weekend in the 80s?....that, kids, was great telly and your uncle Fist is just about to put the YouTube link up for us all to enjoy 😊 

That'd better be the video he links to, anyway. :lol:

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Brian Dennehy. Always liked him. For some reason the thing that sticks in my head is him playing John Wayne Gacy on some mini-series from the 80s or 90s.

RIP.

To catch a killer. Played the part very well. Always had a soft spot for him. 

RIP. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Brian Dennehy. Always liked him. For some reason the thing that sticks in my head is him playing John Wayne Gacy on some mini-series from the 80s or 90s.

RIP.

He was  good value in most of the roles I saw him in but I always remember him from FX / Murder by Illusion (with Bryan Brown) for some reason. RIP 

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

To catch a killer. Played the part very well. Always had a soft spot for him. 

RIP. 

Can I just say at this juncture that I sincerely hope that you aren’t having to survive on 80% of your declared earnings? 

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...