Yes Gemmill...

catmag

30 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I can confirm that London has lost its fucking mind once again. Took my two daughters to a funfair where I live in Fulham and they have closed it for 10 days out of respect for the queen.

10 fucking days because, of course, the prospect of young children enjoying a carousel is massively disrespectful. The plebs can’t be allowed to have their fun.

What a mental country.

It's OK in a few weeks they'll be on radio 5 live with Peter Allen calling them 'mate' and asking 'so why have you had to shut your business down?' 

'well Pete mate, it's because ov the bills init' 

Slack cunts 

28 minutes ago, Craig said:

If anything I'd say the reaction to Diana was LESS understandable. This is the monarch who, whether you're a royalist or not, is the longest serving sovereign we've ever had. It's a moment in history that 9 in 10 people have never witnessed before. 

Diana was a manipulative ex-spouse of a royal who died in a car crash because a mental Egyptian aristocrat employed a driver who liked a drink. The outpouring of grief at her passing was utterly insane. 

But but but Charles boned someone 

I tried speaking to one of the admin lasses at work about this. How he was in pretty much an arranged marriage. Wasn't having not of it. Yet Di was ok to shag anyone 

24 minutes ago, Renton said:

It was somewhat shocking, but the reaction was not normal for most countries. There was hysteria, very reminiscent of Eva Peron in Argentina. Is there anybody in countries like France, Germany the US  (excepting Trump,  US probably not a good example anyway as they are also nuts) who would trigger such a reaction? 

IMO there's something weird about the psyche of this country. Obsessed with royalty, old wars, empire. I try to understand the people wailing cos the queen died, but I really struggle. Diana was the same. 

It's this exceptionalism (which also led to brexit) that's ingrained. I don't know what education's like now but the superiority complex we were encouraged to believe in can only exist due to the history and the way its taught. I know other countries teach a sense of pride etc and others go too far as well - notably the US - but I think we're the worst affected. 

I saw a meme last week of "the British empire as taught" with a picture of Superman next to " how it actually was" with a picture of Homelander out of The Boys - I'm not sure whether anyone who hasn't seen it will get it but those who have will know exactly how apt it is. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

It's this exceptionalism (which also led to brexit) that's ingrained. I don't know what education's like now but the superiority complex we were encouraged to believe in can only exist due to the history and the way its taught. I know other countries teach a sense of pride etc and others go too far as well - notably the US - but I think we're the worst affected. 

I saw a meme last week of "the British empire as taught" with a picture of Superman next to " how it actually was" with a picture of Homelander out of The Boys - I'm not sure whether anyone who hasn't seen it will get it but those who have will know exactly how apt it is. 

Does seem apt. If we were so wonderful, why did all the colonies want independence? As for taught history, I find the number of people who are completely ignorant about Ireland absolutely staggering. And therefore don't understand the Brexit issues. Remember Karen Bradley who just had no clue on the sectarian nature of NI?

But I can't remember being taught anything about it either, you have to proactively look this stuff up yourself. 

18 minutes ago, Craig said:

If anything I'd say the reaction to Diana was LESS understandable. This is the monarch who, whether you're a royalist or not, is the longest serving sovereign we've ever had. It's a moment in history that 9 in 10 people have never witnessed before. 

Diana was a manipulative ex-spouse of a royal who died in a car crash because a mental Egyptian aristocrat employed a driver who liked a drink. The outpouring of grief at her passing was utterly insane. 

Or…. She was introduced into the royal family to breed an heir and after that function was completed she was jettisoned. Those complicit in this at the time were the queen mother, the recently departed queen, the new king and possibly worst of all the various flunkies they bribe to keep themselves in place . 

She wasn’t perfect, a saint or anything like that but if she did become manipulative and cynical that’s maybe because she learned from the fuckin best.  I think her younger son has in the last few years realised what a set of cunts he’s bred from  (and the way the media use the entire charade to make money in this country) and he’s not fuckin having it for his family . Don’t blame him tbh. 

• Like 1

You just need to see how any desire to actually present a balanced version of history is described in terms like ‘cancel culture’ even though it’s the exact fucking opposite 

Funnily enough as I went to a Catholic school you'd expect a lot of propaganda about the history of Ireland but we barely touched on it - in or out of the actual subject of history. Maybe it was a bit of rare common sense to stay away from it. 

On the broader topic the way the slightest criticism of empire is cancelled is yet another facet of what I was talking about regarding remembrance day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Or…. She was introduced into the royal family to breed an heir and after that function was completed she was jettisoned. Those complicit in this at the time were the queen mother, the recently departed queen, the new king and possibly worst of all the various flunkies they bribe to keep themselves in place . 

She wasn’t perfect, a saint or anything like that but if she did become manipulative and cynical that’s maybe because she learned from the fuckin best.  I think her younger son has in the last few years realised what a set of cunts he’s bred from  (and the way the media use the entire charade to make money in this country) and he’s not fuckin having it for his family . Don’t blame him tbh. 

And look at the way Harry and, in particular, his wife are treated on social media and in the press. 

• Like 1

I'd also add that it looks like a lot of the Caribbean countries are starting to wake up about their past and the Royal family's role in it but that won't stop them sending some ill-advised nashing and wailing reps to the funeral to the delight of the press and establishment. 

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

And look at the way Harry and, in particular, his wife are treated on social media and in the press. 

It’s difficult to know who started the whispers about MM but they drove her & Harry away, hotly pursued by the UK tabloid press who obviously loved getting passed gossip from staff they’d apparently been rude to ffs :lol:  Then they’ve committed the (socially) capital offence of taking the media on. You could shoot Piers Morgan’s wife dead in the street and it still wouldn’t cause the bile he spills on this pair . He’s either disturbed or knows they’re a meal ticket for decades, very likely both….

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

The reaction to Diana was more understandable - she was young and died in a tragic accident.  Lizzie was ninety bastard six. 

I can still hear the exact sound of that daft cunt that shouted "DIANA!" when the procession first came into sight at her funeral. Her kids and family trying to hold it together and some dickhead member of the public that's never met her pulling that shit. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Renton said:

Jerusalem is melodically much superior but is pure religious gibberish lyrically isn’t it? Jesus visiting England? Mormon levels of bollocks. Make it England's anthem maybe, I don't care, I've given up on this country for the time being.

I will never sing God Save the King. 

There is a possibility it has been hypothesised by historians due to his uncle Joseph of Arimathaea visiting the uk

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I can still hear the exact sound of that daft cunt that shouted "DIANA!" when the procession first came into sight at her funeral. Her kids and family trying to hold it together and some dickhead member of the public that's never met her pulling that shit. 

:lol: Proper toucher behaviour 

7 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

There is a possibility it has been hypothesised by historians due to his uncle Joseph of Arimathaea visiting the uk

That’s just like King Arthur though, isn’t it? I.e. medieval stories written centuries after the events were meant to have taken place. Although similar pretty much applies to the whole of the bible 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

That’s just like King Arthur though, isn’t it? I.e. medieval stories written centuries after the events were meant to have taken place. Although similar pretty much applies to the whole of the bible 

No historically speaking we can say Jesus and his family existed from first hand accounts 

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...