Yes Gemmill...

catmag

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Erm, will there not be two minutes silence before the games anyway, whenever they resume? I don’t think they’ve thought this through. Not that I agree with it anyway. 

I hadn't thought of that! Also it implicitly puts the Queen's death as more tragic/important than all the other 1 and 2 minute silences we've had including terrorist atoricites and the annual poppy shagging ceremony. Bottom line is though football fans are different and have to be treated like children. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

I hadn't thought of that! Also it implicitly puts the Queen's death as more tragic/important than all the other 1 and 2 minute silences we've had including terrorist atoricites and the annual poppy shagging ceremony. Bottom line is though football fans are different and have to be treated like children. 

i imagine this was how things were the other day.

Will the cricket be on ? Of course

Will the rugby be on ? Certainly 

Will the FI be on ? Whey Aye

Will the footy be on ? FUCK OFF

1 hour ago, trophyshy said:

First guest on "I Don't Believe It!" with @wykikitoon? Shithouse sports and their fuckwit supporters.

FYI make sure you go to Zagreb and not Melbourne if you want big Dukes as the first guest as the big fella's not be back to Australia for years.

He's easy to find as he owns the only coffee shop in Croatia that is showing the aerial ping pong.

31 minutes ago, Renton said:

Also why does the Queen get two minutes?

I always thought it was a minutes silence (or applause depending). Is there a scale of silences I've been unaware of for the last 54 years? WTF!

mind blow wow GIF

• Haha 1

Just now, sammynb said:

Also why does the Queen get two minutes?

I always thought it was a minutes silence (or applause depending). Is there a scale of silences I've been unaware of for the last 54 years? WTF!

mind blow wow GIF

Silence inflation. Was always 1 minute, but has crept up to 2 minutes lately for some occassions. Hell, maybe Queenie should have 3 minutes.

Another thing, often now when someone has died in non-tragic situations (which would include this one as she died naturally at 96 years ffs!) often we have a minutes applause to celebrate their life. This would have also drowned out any dissenting voices. So it's okay to cheer the average pleb when they die, but when the Queen dies YOU MUST BE SAD. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

FYI make sure you go to Zagreb and not Melbourne if you want big Dukes as the first guest as the big fella's not be back to Australia for years.

He's easy to find as he owns the only coffee shop in Croatia that is showing the aerial ping pong.

Presumably eating his own body weight in whatever the national dish of Croatia is. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Silence inflation. Was always 1 minute, but has crept up to 2 minutes lately for some occassions. Hell, maybe Queenie should have 3 minutes.

Another thing, often now when someone has died in non-tragic situations (which would include this one as she died naturally at 96 years ffs!) often we have a minutes applause to celebrate their life. This would have also drowned out any dissenting voices. So it's okay to cheer the average pleb when they die, but when the Queen dies YOU MUST BE SAD. 

More a case of applause when they don't think silence will be observed? 

1 minute ago, RobinRobin said:

More a case of applause when they don't think silence will be observed? 

No usually, it's applause to celebrate someones life rather than dwell on the sadness of death. IIRC we applauded Bradley Lowery when he died (the Sunderland lad with terminal cancer)? I doubt anyone would have spoiled that! 

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

No usually, it's applause to celebrate someones life rather than dwell on the sadness of death. IIRC we applauded Bradley Lowery when he died (the Sunderland lad with terminal cancer)? I doubt anyone would have spoiled that! 

There always is, and always will be, one.

All it will take to paint Football as a traitorous pasttime played by thugs and enjoyed by scum, is one shout of "I don't have any strong opinions about the passing of a 96yr old millionaire".

• Haha 2

Ken Bigley was an odd minute’s silence like. I get the circumstances of his death were horrific of course. He’d lived abroad for years though and was even warned (to the extent his security guard quit) that he was being watched and targeted where he lived. But stayed because he was getting a fortune. I’m not sure how he was deemed more worthy of one than actual British servicemen killed in Iraq at the same time 

3 hours ago, sammynb said:

I meant YOU, you flamin' galah.

• Haha 3

Am not entirely sure these demonstrably bewildered people know why they’re really there or have actually asked themselves why they’re upset enough about a woman many only listened to once a year at Christmas to travel to London or wherever and share their public grief. “She’s been a constant in my life” doesn’t mean a fuckin thing as far as I can make out. The last few days have made me realise for the first time that the Royal Family are basically a cult, and most Brits are in it. It’s like they’ve got a magical power over the population, they’ve woven a spell on most of us….centuries of indoctrination, almost like the church but since the end of WW2 it seems to me that we’ve unconsciously rejected organised religion in most forms . We’re nowhere near getting rid of the strange power of the crown though…

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Am not entirely sure these demonstrably bewildered people know why they’re really there or have actually asked themselves why they’re upset enough about a woman many only listened to once a year at Christmas to travel to London or wherever and share their public grief. “She’s been a constant in my life” doesn’t mean a fuckin thing as far as I can make out. The last few days have made me realise for the first time that the Royal Family are basically a cult, and most Brits are in it. It’s like they’ve got a magical power over the population, they’ve woven a spell on most of us….centuries of indoctrination, almost like the church but since the end of WW2 it seems to me that we’ve unconsciously rejected organised religion in most forms . We’re nowhere near getting rid of the strange power of the crown though…

Exactly this. All of this.

• Like 4

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...