Yes Gemmill...

catmag

I asked a friend last night what Wor Lizzie did, especially at 96 years old.

He said that a stat on the state TV yesterday, sorry, I mean BBC.  Said she went to over 400 events last year.  Wasn't there that Covid thing last year that stopped a lot of people doing things?  Yet Wor Maj still managed 400 ribbon cuttings, hand shakings etc.

GTFO

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

He said that a stat on the state TV yesterday, sorry, I mean BBC.  Said she went to over 400 events last year.  Wasn't there that Covid thing last year that stopped a lot of people doing things?  Yet Wor Maj still managed 400 ribbon cuttings, hand shakings etc.

GTFO

She’d not been able to fuckin walk for about two years as far as I can make out :lol:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

GTFO

It's fucking criminal making a 96 year old do all that shit anyway. We shouldn't be wearing it as a badge of honour on her behalf. 

My gran is 95 and she fucking HATES having to leave her own house. She's fully with it, still snapping back with jokes and stuff, but she just likes her house and doesn't like struggling to get around for other people's benefit. 

And she doesn't live in a Palace where her every whim is catered to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Why are you no fan of Meghan out of interest?

Sly eyes.

I don’t like the way she makes up stories to either garner sympathy or to put herself on a pedestal which are then disproven by people who were present and know the facts. I don’t like liars. There are other things but it’s more of a distrust of her motives whilst she makes herself out to be a victim.  However I also think her relentless hounding by certain sections of the media is a disgrace. In regards to the funeral and Wooton’s vitriol; she didn’t put a foot wrong yesterday. She was respectful and appropriate and will no doubt be happy to get the hell out of the country. 

• Like 2

The Metro newspaper is informative this morning. 32 advert less pages of the Royal Funeral, not a shred on the news of anything else. Last night R5 decided to repeat the audio of the entire funeral. I hope the grief keeps us all warm this winter. 

I've never felt any emotion at all about the queen dying, just a feeling of bewilderment and fear that the country can behave like this in a time of crisis. But thinking about it, it does seem quite likely that the queen passing does mark the final end of an age for the UK where we were a prosperous and influential country. Now we are just a pound shop USA with a health service added on. The rot started properly 12 years ago but the end of the Elizabethan age may set a hard marker for this country's decline. Hope I am wrong. 

• Like 2

I can’t say I saw more than about 10 minutes of the coverage yesterday or follow the whole carry on, beyond knowing her and Harry have moved abroad and effectively left the royal family. Also, beyond this place, I’m pretty much off social media. Would I be right in guessing that her attendance created more outrage than that of Prince Andrew? 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I can’t say I saw more than about 10 minutes of the coverage yesterday or follow the whole carry on, beyond knowing her and Harry have moved abroad and effectively left the royal family. Also, beyond this place, I’m pretty much off social media. Would I be right in guessing that her attendance created more outrage than that of Prince Andrew? 

To be honest, she wasn’t mentioned any more than any other members of the family It’s just certain “journalists” that are unhealthily obsessed by her. Harry was mentioned more than she was as he wasn’t in uniform etc. She really didn’t get much coverage not to mention criticism. 

• Like 1

tbf there wasn't any outrage - not towards Meghan, Harry nor Andrew. But nor should there be. They were attending the funeral of a family member all said and done. 

Anyway, now that it's over surely it's time to change the thread title back to what it was. There's a subtle irony that we're all (including me) complaining the death and funeral of the Queen has monopolised the media when we ourselves have devoted almost 50 pages of this thread talking about it :lol:

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

tbf there wasn't any outrage - not towards Meghan, Harry nor Andrew. But nor should there be. They were attending the funeral of a family member all said and done. 

Anyway, now that it's over surely it's time to change the thread title back to what it was. There's a subtle irony that we're all (including me) complaining the death and funeral of the Queen has monopolised the media when we ourselves have devoted almost 50 pages of this thread talking about it :lol:

Agree change the thread title back but I don't think there is any hypocrisy in the 50 odd pages of discussion. If you live in the UK this will have impacted your life in quite a major way these past 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...