Yes Gemmill...

catmag

16 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Documentaries and dramas are pretty much all produced by independent companies for the BBC anyway.

All the decent journalists are jumping ship because they feel to shackled. Eddie Mair, James O'brien, Emily Maitliss all leaving for the same reason tells me the institution is bust

Can I just correct this way of thinking, as someone who works in TV production.

Yes these shows are often produced by outside production companies but they are commissioned by networks like the BBC and ABC here in the colonies and without those networks those programs would not be made - ever.

Commerical networks have no interest in making documentaries or the majority of drama that publicly funded broadcasters make, they want bigger than ben hur, shite TV or if they truely got their way, no locally produced content and the ability to buy cheap crap from the US.
I cannot speak for the UK but here three consecutive terms of the Australian Tories has turned our national broadcaster into a shitfight. Funding constantly under threat because Murdoch doesn't want the government funding a strong, reliable alternative to his shite media product and the Tories constantly complaining when they are held accountable for the shite they think they can get away with. The cunting Tories have gutted the ABC from the inside by installing their stooges into the board positions, more than half are either ex-Murdoch employees or cunts with links to their right wing scum party.

I'll sum it all up in one sentence; without networks like the BBC, David Attenborough would never have been able to make the documentaries he does because the commercial networks and production companies would never have taken the chance on him in the first place.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Craig said:

Anyway, now that it's over surely it's time to change the thread title back to what it was. There's a subtle irony that we're all (including me) complaining the death and funeral of the Queen has monopolised the media when we ourselves have devoted almost 50 pages of this thread talking about it :lol:

There has pretty much been absolutely nothing else going on (or at least reported) in the country since she died.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Can I just correct this way of thinking, as someone who works in TV production.

Yes these shows are often produced by outside production companies but they are commissioned by networks like the BBC and ABC here in the colonies and without those networks those programs would not be made - ever.

Commerical networks have no interest in making documentaries or the majority of drama that publicly funded broadcasters make, they want bigger than ben hur, shite TV or if they truely got their way, no locally produced content and the ability to buy cheap crap from the US.
I cannot speak for the UK but here three consecutive terms of the Australian Tories has turned our national broadcaster into a shitfight. Funding constantly under threat because Murdoch doesn't want the government funding a strong, reliable alternative to his shite media product and the Tories constantly complaining when they are held accountable for the shite they think they can get away with. The cunting Tories have gutted the ABC from the inside by installing their stooges into the board positions, more than half are either ex-Murdoch employees or cunts with links to their right wing scum party.

I'll sum it all up in one sentence; without networks like the BBC, David Attenborough would never have been able to make the documentaries he does because the commercial networks and production companies would never have taken the chance on him in the first place.

That's me told 😅

To be honest my view is basically a sad admission that Murdoch and the Tories have won, just put the corpse put of its misery 

As an aside I can't stand nature documentaries, people like me are the minority with no voice

When I heard about Harry not being able to have ER II on his uniform but it being ‘ok’ for the nonce my first thought was that Charles would try and rehabilitate his public image / bring him back into the fold. Imagine giving preferential treatment to your sex predator brother over your son. Hopefully it’ll backfire and catastrophically damage the ‘royal brand’. I doubt it though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

When I heard about Harry not being able to have ER II on his uniform but it being ‘ok’ for the nonce my first thought was that Charles would try and rehabilitate his public image / bring him back into the fold. Imagine giving preferential treatment to your sex predator brother over your son. Hopefully it’ll backfire and catastrophically damage the ‘royal brand’. I doubt it though. 

So many things that should have catastrophically destroyed the Windsor brand have happened, but yet the last 10 days. It's like the tories getting voted in time and time again, it defies any logic. Maybe we're just a nation hard wired to be sycophantic hoop lickers, I dunno, can never get my head around it. Maybe it will be different with Charles, who does not have the respet of the Queen, we'll see. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

That's me told 😅

To be honest my view is basically a sad admission that Murdoch and the Tories have won, just put the corpse put of its misery 

As an aside I can't stand nature documentaries, people like me are the minority with no voice

Bob it's not about being told, it's just the general people that moan about the ABC here are the same cunts that think a night watching Miami Vice the TV series is entertainment and that the 17c a day from their taxes that goes to help fund a public broadcaster is ripping them off. These are the same fuckwits that never question why their power bills are throught the roof because energy was deregulated or why politicians give themselves payrises every year while our wages go backward.

For nature docos, read also the Young Ones or Father Ted or whatever niche program you do enjoy.

And if you truely think Murdoch and the Tories have won, then you may as well give up now because if that's the world you are resigned to living in, you are fucked.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Meanwhile Harry had to ask to wear his uniform when standing vigil :lol: 

I really didn't get why he couldn't wear it. He's one of them that has actually served and he's stood behind his aunt in full military uniform who's never been anywhere near active service.

• Like 1

Aye :lol: 

My mate in the forces says the lads call them "chocolate medals". He curated me through Edward's, three of which were for Jubilees and the other was for working with the Canadian army briefly. He was in the forces for 4 months....I think Harry was in there a decade. 

Sad thing is you've got royals poncing about like they're seasoned veterans with medals from arsehole to breakfast time and I've got mates who've been to Iraq/Afghanistan and actually won medals that never see the light of day.

Not through shame or embarrassment, just sheer disinterest.

• Like 1

Long since established it's biologically impossible for Harry to be James Hewitt's - he never got anywhere near the Royal Family until 1986 when Harry was 2 years old. That's not to say he's not someone else's though although the whole red hair thing is a trait in the Spencer family IIRC. 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Aye :lol: 

My mate in the forces says the lads call them "chocolate medals". He curated me through Edward's, three of which were for Jubilees and the other was for working with the Canadian army briefly. He was in the forces for 4 months....I think Harry was in there a decade. 

Sad thing is you've got royals poncing about like they're seasoned veterans with medals from arsehole to breakfast time and I've got mates who've been to Iraq/Afghanistan and actually won medals that never see the light of day.

Not through shame or embarrassment, just sheer disinterest.

It's basically a case of "Harry, you've been a bad boy ... you're not allowed to take part in dressing up!"

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Craig said:

Long since established it's biologically impossible for Harry to be James Hewitt's - he never got anywhere near the Royal Family until 1986 when Harry was 2 years old. That's not to say he's not someone else's though although the whole red hair thing is a trait in the Spencer family IIRC. 

Listen to Jenny Bond here 

• Haha 6

40 minutes ago, Craig said:

He's definitely got his grandfather's lineage iyam.

image.png.022cd9d1eb6d45bed54e27983003b149.png

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Right, that’s her planted. 

Great Escape prisoner Vyvyan Howard, dies aged 102 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-62924112

Valery Polyakov: Record-breaking Russian cosmonaut dies aged 80 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62964177

Two buckets of note, kicked. 

Celebrating Russians are we now? Why do you hate our country so much MF? 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Craig said:

Take your pick but the Bryan Adams rumour makes you wonder if Harry could have been a shite singer/songwriter!

• Haha 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...