Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was Chuck Berry

Ferry cross the Hearse-y, more like

Sucked his cock too.

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

The weirdest thing about the hand of god, more than the officials missing it, is the back pass by Steve Hodge that set it up. To this day I’ve no idea what the fuck he thought he was doing 

At least he didn't make a big thing of it... oh

61BeZyaffGL._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Haha 2
On 26/11/2020 at 13:26, Alex said:

The weirdest thing about the hand of god, more than the officials missing it, is the back pass by Steve Hodge that set it up. To this day I’ve no idea what the fuck he thought he was doing 

Never mind that - what Sir Bobby was thinking starting him ahead of digger Barnes?

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Never mind that - what Sir Bobby was thinking starting him ahead of digger Barnes?

Barnes had to be dropped after the first two games because he'd been  fuckin useless...tbf, fatigue was blamed and am sure that was a factor. Hodge & Beardsley ripped Poland & Paraguay a new one so he'd deserved to keep his place. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Barnes had to be dropped after the first two games because he'd been  fuckin useless...tbf, fatigue was blamed and am sure that was a factor. Hodge & Beardsley ripped Poland & Paraguay a new one so he'd deserved to keep his place. 

I don’t remember that as well as you, I was only 7. I just remember Barnes coming on as a sub against Argentina and setting up our only goal.

Edited by Dr Gloom
1 hour ago, NJS said:

In addition to playing Barnes in the first two games - I know Bobby is held up as infallible sometimes but starting Mark Hateley instead of Beardsley was a shocker. 

I remember everyone crying out for Beardsley to replace hateley but Bobby sometimes was a bit too loyal to established players.

There’s a good bit in (I think) Jonathan Wilson’s inverting the pyramid. About the tactical innovation of 3-5-2 used by Argentina in 86. Bilardo feared its weakness against a team employing two wide men exactly how England lined up against them when Waddle and Barnes came on as subs in that match