Yes Gemmill...

catmag

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Can't believe they've referenced the scene where he gets bummed by a hillbilly in his obituary. :lol:

Just needs some necro to bring it up at the funeral now. 

FYP

• 2 weeks later...

One for the old gits - Stuart Damon out of The Champions has died. 

I didn't realise his co-star Alexandra Bastedo died 7 years ago - she was one of my first crushes along with Julie Newmar out of Batman. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Raffa gone :(

Ffs man, saw this in the “unread” notifications without the video attachment. 

Thought some Scouse Mackem had gone mental :lol:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Paul Mariner :( remember him scoring the goal that got England to the finals in 82 

Paul Mariner played a blinder against us for Ipswich as a teenager in the 90s. (At least that's what me and a mate said in a brief conversation after the game with a glory hunting/Johnny-come-lately sitting with us. We only said it once but knew he'd repeat it somewhere along the line to someone else and about half an hour later......)

Old Peter the manager: "Paul Mariner!? He's fucking retired, man! Where did you watch the game? 1979?!"

Cue a foaming Johnny come lately heading in our direction with a not so pleasant look on his face as we had a little giggle. :D

RIP

• Haha 4

Did he score the other goal in the group game v France (when Bryan Robson got the other 2 including the first after about 30 seconds)? 

I can't remember who scored other than Robson tbh, I was only 8 1/2! :D

I Remember winning 3-1 but España '82 isn't as clear in the memory as later ones, some things stick a bit better than others.

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...