Yes Gemmill...

catmag

13 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Sean Lock brown bread. Cancer at 58.

Very sad. Genuinely talented and witty, one of the few comedians we’ll actually miss. The grim reaper shoud’ve taken Corden instead.

I like the pic of his kit that Keith Richard shared, which epitomises his style perfectly- minimal, just what’s necessary, but stylish as fuck. 
E9l5oMKXMAMl1Vn.jpg:large
I wonder if they’ll carry on without him? ( Of course they will). 

RIP Charlie 

We have this (fucking shit) station on at work called Greatest Hits FM or something and they played a few Stones songs as a tribute to Charlie Watts this morning. You’d think they’d have Sympathy for the Devil, Get off My Cloud, Paint it, Black; things where his drumming was a driving force of the track. Nope, we got Miss You and Ruby Tuesday :lol: 

• Haha 3

On 25/08/2021 at 16:58, Monkeys Fist said:

This interview with him is mint. 

I'll admit to knowing fuck all about music beyond what I do and don't like, but the Rolling Stones never struck me as exceptional musicians.  For those who know more, am I way off? 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Keith Richards isn't a super technical guitarist or anything, but he has his own thing and it's a lot better than what most super technical guitarists pump out. To my ears anyway. 

What do you mean? In a similar way to saying something like Bob Dylan isn't a great singer, but his style is his own?

(I'm revealing some vulnerability here lads, so be gentle.)

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Just that he has a riffy/rocky style of his own that people try and copy really. And that the copying is made harder by the fact that he plays in open tunings. 

Well go on then Hendrix, wtf does that mean?  :huh:

• Haha 4

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...