Yes Gemmill...

catmag

If you think his little strop with the pens when he was signing the proclamation on Saturday was over the top, just watch the clip of him signing the visitors book in Northern Ireland and the pen leaking ink all over his hand.

Dummy well and truly spat! :baby: :lol:

Edited by Craig

27 minutes ago, Craig said:

If you think his little strop with the pens when he was signing the proclamation on Saturday was over the top, just watch the clip of him signing the visitors book in Northern Ireland and the pen leaking ink all over his hand.

Dummy well and truly spat! :baby: :lol:

Sorry to bring it back to a bit of empathy on a human level but he’s had to grieve the death of his mother in front of the world’s media for 5 days solid. I’d probably be a bit short tempered too. 

25 minutes ago, catmag said:

Sorry to bring it back to a bit of empathy on a human level but he’s had to grieve the death of his mother in front of the world’s media for 5 days solid. I’d probably be a bit short tempered too. 

Queenie held herself together no matter what, he should too.

They aren’t made like us, they are drilled throughout life to do the right thing, he’s not passing his first test(s) very well tbh

I agree with a lot of what’s been posted in the last few days. The wall-to-wall coverage of everything including when a royal Corgi sneezes has been ludicrous and, IMO, unnecessary. Rich, Privileged, Old Woman Dies. Ultimately that’s what’s happened. My grandma is 6 months older than the Queen, and is becoming more frail whilst remaining as sharp as ever mentally. She lost her husband 2 years ago too after 72yrs of marriage. She’s been utterly bereft since my grandda died and doesn’t want to be here. So maybe I’m a little less cynical than most of you and feel for them on a human and family level whilst finding the whole pomp and hysteria ridiculous. It’s possible to do both. 

And as far as I know my grandma didn’t ever meet Paddington. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

My 86 year old mil with dementia wii be having her house sold for her to pay for her 6k a month care home fees

Charles is not paying any death duties on his 15billion inheritance, so in all honesty no I don't have any sympathy for any off the parasitic cunts

Totally understandable. I didn’t say any of their “privilege” is right, just that I don’t feel quite as furious as many people on here appear to. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Preston North End fan has just received a life ban from the ground for posting something on twitter about the Queen. It's now deleted so I don't know what he said, but fuck this place atm. 

6 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

His petulance and temper are well known 

And as king he should control that. That’s his job, in any and all circumstances.

The Queen, to her credit, did when Phil the Greek snuffed it.

36 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Queenie held herself together no matter what, he should too.

They aren’t made like us, they are drilled throughout life to do the right thing, he’s not passing his first test(s) very well tbh

What has he done? Got pissed off at a pen for leaking on him when he must be averaging a few hours sleep a night?

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What has he done? Got pissed off at a pen for leaking on him when he must be averaging a few hours sleep a night?

been fucking petulant when he should not be, no matter what.

1 hour ago, catmag said:

I agree with a lot of what’s been posted in the last few days. The wall-to-wall coverage of everything including when a royal Corgi sneezes has been ludicrous and, IMO, unnecessary. Rich, Privileged, Old Woman Dies. Ultimately that’s what’s happened. My grandma is 6 months older than the Queen, and is becoming more frail whilst remaining as sharp as ever mentally. She lost her husband 2 years ago too after 72yrs of marriage. She’s been utterly bereft since my grandda died and doesn’t want to be here. So maybe I’m a little less cynical than most of you and feel for them on a human and family level whilst finding the whole pomp and hysteria ridiculous. It’s possible to do both. 

I have no personal animosity towards the Queen, Cath, but I’ve never believed that the immense privilege her and her family enjoyed should be free of criticism. 
Now, as we change monarchs, seems as good a time as any to question the need for them. 
I do have empathy for her family just now, I lost my Dad not that long ago and it’s a gut punch, even when it’s expected. 

But the last few days has seen utterly mental behaviour from the media, corporations, the police, and some of the public. 

If dissent isn’t allowed, then we’re way more screwed than we all thought we were. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, catmag said:

Coming from a different viewpoint though, your grandma and grandda are worth every but as much as any of the royal family. The deification of the Queen is what gets me, I just can't get my head round it. Grief and mourning have to be personal things, to transfer it onto a stranger is vompletely alien to me. 

Like most, I can respect the Queen for fulfilling her role as she was supposed to. That respect does not extend to her son though. And I knew things would be bad when the queen died, but we're now on day 6 of almost constant BBC coverage and gaslighting whilst the country is in a dire place, and people are actually now being arrested for thought crimes. What a country we've become. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 3

Sorry but, a lifetime ban for -asking if he could boo or not-. That's not even a lifetime ban for booing, that's a lifetime ban for demonstrating that his opinion is anti-monarchy.

As for Charles, I can get Cat's point here that yeah he's human and this is probably a very bewildering few days for someone who is a completely ordinary human being in every conceivable sense other than that they've just been thrust to the top of the world's largest cult. I reckon that would do a number on anyone. At the same time though, he has been brought up to believe that he's a better class of person, and is seeing right now as we speak that his life is worth more than everyone else's, so it's not surprising if he's a total cunt in general.

• Like 1

I’ve refrained from getting involved in some of the discussions on here as, as much as I respect individual opinions, some of the comments made have in my opinion, been steps too far.

But what I’ve brought up was sheer petulance. I don’t know if you’ve seen in but he’s behaving like a spoilt child and clearly put the officials in the room at complete unease. His late mother, by comparison, was exactly the opposite. She made a point of putting everyone at ease no matter what.

I lost my mother 25 years ago and whilst I had difficult moments I never behaved like that. I don’t see any excuse nor mitigation for it. It was appalling to make people, who are also dealing with the loss of a monarch and also have a civil role to play, feel like that.

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

FFS, that’s what you’re worried about? :lol: It’s not like he kicked a corgi or punched a swan.

I did say it was like a child having a strop :lol:

2 minutes ago, strawb said:

See these people like the kid in Edinburgh and the bloke on Twitter being arrested/banned.

Is this down to the anti protestation laws that Patel brought in previously? 

I believe so, Police only need to believe that it may cause offence and they'll arrest you. its a fucking joke.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/12/anti-monarchy-protester-charged-with-a-breach-of-the-peace-edinburgh-queen-death-king

In London, a barrister and climate activist who had held up a blank piece of paper in Parliament Square said he had been threatened with arrest by a police officer under the Public Order Act.

“He confirmed that if I wrote, ‘Not My King’ on it, he would arrest me under the Public Order Act because someone might be offended,” the lawyer, Paul Powlesland, said on Twitter.

• Like 2

It's appalling. Whatever your views on what is currently going on and the level of media attention it's commanding, you have to agree these are the actions of a totalitarian state and is deeply concerning.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Craig said:

It's appalling. Whatever your views on what is currently going on and the level of media attention it's commanding, you have to agree these are the actions of a totalitarian state and is deeply concerning.

Johnson’s comments as he finished his resignation speech, (the Terminator quote), the strong rumour going round that he wants to stage a comeback, and then, when Lizzy died, him giving that speech in the Commons, all contribute to distinct feeling of unease. 

That, and the fact that he knows Truss will be gone quicker than the Christmas decorations. 

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...