Yes Gemmill...

catmag

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

The modern day monarchy don't really reign over us though, do they? They are just there, doing charity work or whatever they do every day. They have no say in the direction of the country anymore.

They have the power to do anything they want. They can not pay taxes, they can circumvent employment laws to pay their servants pennies, ensure those servants are white etc etc. In fact its hard to find a law they aren't exempt from (See Prince Nonce). 

As Sammy mentioned they aren't above sending their representatives to dissolve commonwealth governments if they look a bit iffy. 

If Corbyn had won I'll bet when the pandemic came, the establishment and media would have called for his removal in the national interest and they would have roped in Liz to do it and not an eyelid would have been batted. 

That's why nothing will ever change fundamentally in this country because of the subservience to these cunts, their extended families and their entire class who allow the plebs to think their votes make a difference. 

Another example I've just thought of - Charles legally owns all of the land in this country - the true meaning of "estate" is a licence to buy and sell the right to occupy the land without true ownership. He can revoke that licence for any land he wants at any time. 

All because an ancestor of his won a fucking battle because the other side were knackered after walking the length of England. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

I was upset when Sir Bobby died. Proper genuine bloke who touched my life despite never meeting him but I fail to see how she touched mine or the majority of the country.

The queen is just there, isnt she. Makes a speech once a year. I heard some woman on the radio yesterday (Radio 1 I think)  crying that it was like when her mother died. FFS man.

Yeah, Bobby Robson, Freddie Mercury and David Bowie for me. Felt sad, even she'd a tear for Bowie (probably the onset of a midlife crisis tbh), then just got on with it. It is very odd, but it is ingrained. Diana was just as bad.

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Constitutionally you're a subject. See, this is another thing, people argue that she is just a figure head. Fair enough. Then why the fuck are we going on like this? Did anyone act like this even when their own grandparent died. I find it bizarre. 

Wilson changed it so our definition is citizen rather than subject. You can argue over whether that really matters and how many people are happy to deny the change but it was made. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NJS said:

Wilson changed it so our definition is citizen rather than subject. You can argue over whether that really matters and how many people are happy to deny the change but it was made. 

Didn't know that.

Surprised you got upset about the Tory Freddie passing Renton. Especially when he asked to be paid for Live Aid then when he didn't went on a massive it's all about me.

On another note, was watching Sky News yesterday and the presenter was interviewing a couple from Australia who apparently jumped on a plane to be there.  REALLY?  They got a flight that quickly! 

14 minutes ago, NJS said:

Is the sovereign also a citizen, and does that status take precedence over any and all other considerations?

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Surprised you got upset about the Tory Freddie passing Renton. Especially when he asked to be paid for Live Aid then when he didn't went on a massive it's all about me.

On another note, was watching Sky News yesterday and the presenter was interviewing a couple from Australia who apparently jumped on a plane to be there.  REALLY?  They got a flight that quickly! 

Mercury & the other 3 twats played Sun City in South Africa for an absolute fortune the year before they asked to be paid for Live Aid :lol:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

What can I say, as unfashionable as it is, I liked his music as a kid and was sad when he died. Especially as it was from AIDS so his life was cut short. Politics didn't come into it (Queen not boycotting South Africa is even more egregious I think). Was also upset as a young kid when Lennon died, I still get upset thinking about that tragic waste. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Renton said:

What can I say, as unfashionable as it is, I liked his music as a kid and was sad when he died. Especially as it was from AIDS so his life was cut short. Politics didn't come into it (Queen not boycotting South Africa is even more egregious I think). Was also upset as a young kid when Lennon died, I still get upset thinking about that tragic waste. 

Have you been to Strawberry Fields in NYC?  I am no Beatle / Lennon fan really, but my old man played Imagine a lot when he was thinking about my Aunt, his close sister so it's a song that means something to me.  First time I went to NYC I wanted to see where he lived etc, totally not realising the day I went was the anniversary of his death, very moving. 

• Like 1

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but given the assumption is that the funeral will be on Monday the 19th it would be weird if the matches for gameweek 8 didn't happen. Then again the FA couldn't organise a piss up in the proverbial, so fuck knows. I've seen the theory that it takes so much policing to ensure fan safety that there isn't enough to allocate towards the Royals and to all the clubs simultaneously, which is why last weekends games didn't happen, but maybe they can bring all the Sunday games forward to Saturday, so they have enough time to get organised for Monday. 

They can't all be on a Saturday cos you've got CL and EL matches in the week. Also there'll be people who already have travel booked etc, and you probably end up overloading trains with warring fans. 

It'll either go ahead as planned or be postponed across the board again, I reckon. The real clanger was cancelling this weekend. There was absolutely no need beyond "paying respects" and that could have been done better had the games gone ahead. 

Saw someone point out what an authoritarian place this country has become when the postponements might be because there's a worry that scousers or celtic fans might  besmirch the mourning period by disrespecting the anthem or whatever - surely if this is the free democracy we're told as led by this wonderful family then the correct response to any "disrespect" is just so what? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

Saw someone point out what an authoritarian place this country has become when the postponements might be because there's a worry that scousers or celtic fans might  besmirch the mourning period by disrespecting the anthem or whatever - surely if this is the free democracy we're told as led by this wonderful family then the correct response to any "disrespect" is just so what? 

It is absolutely with Celtic in mind, although I didn't realise the scouse were that opposed to the royals.

Suspect the rest of the country would be fine.

Also saw a warning to people that the ghouls of the mail will be trawling social media for any dissent which could result in their lives being destroyed - another facet of our "free" country. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJS said:

Also saw a warning to people that the ghouls of the mail will be trawling social media for any dissent which could result in their lives being destroyed - another facet of our "free" country. 

Oh fuck, somebody better delete this entire thread now!

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...