Yes Gemmill...

catmag

12 minutes ago, NJS said:

Saw someone point out what an authoritarian place this country has become when the postponements might be because there's a worry that scousers or celtic fans might  besmirch the mourning period by disrespecting the anthem or whatever - surely if this is the free democracy we're told as led by this wonderful family then the correct response to any "disrespect" is just so what? 

It is a bizarre argument. It's clear to me now we don't live in a free democracy now. We are neither free or democratic. And it's getting to the stage I can't say this in public. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Renton said:

One of my mates says he is driving to Edinburgh today to be near the body. Asked me on WhatsApp if I wanted a lift to join him. I remember having arguments about the monarchy with him the past, and he is a royalist, but I can't tell I he is being serious about this and dare not ask now. Just haven't answered the message. 

You can borrow this picture to send him

11BE8482-D7F5-4CB0-BCC2-4E0A1DF3257B.jpeg

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

It is a bizarre argument. It's clear to me now we don't live in a free democracy now. We are neither free or democratic. And it's getting to the stage I can't say this in public. 

Thank you for sharing your view, Komrad. 
Please stay in your allocated residence for one week from this notice. 
All officers will carry identification. 

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

“I’m sorry, Mr. Zelensky. We cannot provide air support in your escalating conflict as our planes are too upset. They’ve locked themselves in the hangar with My Immortal by Evanescence blasting for a whole 10 days now”

Pin by Jeffrey Gayle Hay on Planes: Fire & Rescue

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

This has been building for years with the remembrance poppy fascism another example. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

It is absolutely with Celtic in mind, although I didn't realise the scouse were that opposed to the royals.

Suspect the rest of the country would be fine.

I've had to mute a few NUFC fans this last few days, mind, the ones already long muted I suspect would've come out with the same such shite. I'd of course have respected a silence at the match, I don't think it's up for debate that wouldn't happen at SJP but the fun might start if the muted types took umbrage if you didn't join in with some insanely shit chant like 'Stand up, if you love the queen' or sing the national anthem. 'Here! Why aren't you singing? Are you a leftie cunt?' might not get the response they were after? :lol:

1 hour ago, trooper said:

Can't see the footy being on next weekend. The following week its Italy & Germany in the internationals. So 9ur next games probably going to be October  1st away to Fulham

More time for the injuries to clear up - super silver lining. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Yeah, Bobby Robson, Freddie Mercury and David Bowie for me. Felt sad, even she'd a tear for Bowie (probably the onset of a midlife crisis tbh), then just got on with it. It is very odd, but it is ingrained. Diana was just as bad.

The reaction to Diana was more understandable - she was young and died in a tragic accident.  Lizzie was ninety bastard six. 

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

The reaction to Diana was more understandable - she was young and died in a tragic accident.  Lizzie was ninety bastard six. 

I was in London at that time….. I thought the country had lost its fuckin mind tbh. Am thinking that now too tbh…they’re just people ffs..

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I was in London at that time….. I thought the country had lost its fuckin mind tbh. Am thinking that now too tbh…they’re just people ffs..

I agree the reaction was equally insane but it was very different. She died in a horrific car crash and was no age to go. 

13 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I can confirm that London has lost its fucking mind once again. Took my two daughters to a funfair where I live in Fulham and they have closed it for 10 days out of respect for the queen.

10 fucking days because, of course, the prospect of young children enjoying a carousel is massively disrespectful. The plebs can’t be allowed to have their fun.

What a mental country.

• Like 3

Just now, Billy Whitehurst said:

I can confirm that London has lost its fucking mind once again. Took my two daughters to a funfair where I live in Fulham and they have closed it for 10 days out of respect for the queen.

10 fucking days because, of course, the prospect of young children enjoying a carousel is massively disrespectful. The plebs can’t be allowed to have their fun.

What a mental country.

Imagine pulling that shit for the hoppings?

Bf-LEcAIcAA7qI9.jpg

• Haha 5

If anything I'd say the reaction to Diana was LESS understandable. This is the monarch who, whether you're a royalist or not, is the longest serving sovereign we've ever had. It's a moment in history that 9 in 10 people have never witnessed before. 

Diana was a manipulative ex-spouse of a royal who died in a car crash because a mental Egyptian aristocrat employed a driver who liked a drink. The outpouring of grief at her passing was utterly insane. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I agree the reaction was equally insane but it was very different. She died in a horrific car crash and was no age to go. 

It was somewhat shocking, but the reaction was not normal for most countries. There was hysteria, very reminiscent of Eva Peron in Argentina. Is there anybody in countries like France, Germany the US  (excepting Trump,  US probably not a good example anyway as they are also nuts) who would trigger such a reaction? 

IMO there's something weird about the psyche of this country. Obsessed with royalty, old wars, empire. I try to understand the people wailing cos the queen died, but I really struggle. Diana was the same. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

If anything I'd say the reaction to Diana was LESS understandable. This is the monarch who, whether you're a royalist or not, is the longest serving sovereign we've ever had. It's a moment in history that 9 in 10 people have never witnessed before. 

Diana was a manipulative ex-spouse of a royal who died in a car crash because a mental Egyptian aristocrat employed a driver who liked a drink. The outpouring of grief at her passing was utterly insane. 

Aye. I think it demonstrated the power of the press in a frightening way. Also think people are forgetting how bad it was, it was fucking mental.

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...