Yes Gemmill...

catmag

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

My lass is fo sho gonna want to watch the funeral so I'll be in a different room or reading a book most of the day, I think. 

Aye, Mrs Fish is currently binging the Crown, watched Charlie's speech and will 100% want to watch the funeral. This means I'll take the lad to the park that's closest to a pub for the duration.

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

My lass is fo sho gonna want to watch the funeral so I'll be in a different room or reading a book most of the day, I think. 

I shall take my sherry in the library Jeeves

• Haha 1

I think I might have a drive over to the lakes and go for a walk if it’s half decent weather-wise. The coverage and general sense of ridiculousness will be an absolute headfuck. 

Just now, Toonpack said:

There's a tap in FYP there if anyone wants it ??

By all means take it, but if you think that a man of my intelligence wasn't leaving that implication there, then you are SADLY mistaken. 

• Haha 2

The Mrs and little lad are off on Mondays, so if the choice is left up to me, I might take a day in lieu. If that makes me a bad husband and Dad, then that's the way it is.

National public (Bank) holiday here on Thursday 22/09, got a day in lieu on Friday 23rd, so four day weekend for some of us and the lovely Ms_Nb has zero interest in watching anything to do with the royals!

Fucking win for us sunburnt scousers! [/stevie]

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I think I might have a drive over to the lakes and go for a walk if it’s half decent weather-wise. The coverage and general sense of ridiculousness will be an absolute headfuck. 

We went to Brinkburn Abbey and then found a pub without telly for lunch when Prince Peggy and The Commoner got married, was mint. 
Empty roads too. 

• Like 1

I'm in on Sunday night then Monday, I'll miss the vast majority of it and will get an extra lieu day so can't complain. The Ruperts in the offices will be off but the action men who make the magic happen will pay our respects through our work ethic. ;)

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm in on Sunday night then Monday, I'll miss the vast majority of it and will get an extra lieu day so can't complain. The Ruperts in the offices will be off but the action men who make the magic happen will pay our respects through our work ethic. ;)

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Yesterday tea time: 

Me "I've put my name down to work next Monday, some of us will need to be available to cover certain contracts" 

TCMPL: "Don't you want to just spend the day with me?" 

:glare:

:lol: Part of me not really being bothered about working it is that it’ll stop her trying to spend my money at the very least 

Just a nice bit of deciding what the plebs are allowed to hear, just a trivial bit common or garden censorship

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2022/sep/13/king-charles-iii-northern-ireland-queues-view-queen-coffin-edinburgh-london-live

Sky has edited the UK broadcast of the latest episode of the satirical news show Last Week Tonight with John Oliver to remove jokes about the Queen’s death.

Two segments were dropped from the British version of the HBO satire show, which aired on Sunday night in the US.

In one of the segments, Oliver says the UK “is clearly still reeling from the shocking death of a 96-year-old woman from natural causes”.

In another comment, Oliver said the “nicest thing the Queen of England ever did for anyone was die the week” Liz Truss became prime minister “because for at least a week, she’s not going to be getting justifiably destroyed” for ruling out a windfall tax on oil and gas companies.

35 minutes ago, ewerk said:

FcixII9XgAIgH1d?format=jpg&name=small

It's what she would have wanted.

Utterly ridiculous. In a pandemic when we were under instruction to stay at home foodbanks were considered 'essential service' and must remain open at all costs. 

Not so essential when it comes to the funeral of the Queen, eh?

• Meenzer changed the title to Yes Gemmill...