Planning for next season

Kid Dynamite

Who would you keep?

Who would You sell!?

We need one shot at the league like last time. Any longer and we will end up like Leeds, Forest, Pompey and the rest of them

Personally I think the core needs to be Elliot, Colback, Shelvey, Townsend, Mbabu and Armstrong. Chuck some kids in the mix like Callum Roberts, Woodman as backup keeper. Maybe hang on to Mbemba, Mitro, Perez and Dummet

Get rid of Colo, Krul, Gini, Tiote, Anita, Cisse, Sissoko, Marveaux, Gouffran, Obertan, Janmaat, Taylor.

Use the cash to sign a new back 4 and a championship goalscorer

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd really like to see Mitrovic stay, I think it could be great for him and he'd increase in confidence similar to how it helped Carroll. We need to really sort the defence but I just feel they'll skim on it again, they'll see Taylor and Lascelles as a possible starting pair (if Mbemba leaves).

Who would you keep?

Who would You sell!?

We need one shot at the league like last time. Any longer and we will end up like Leeds, Forest, Pompey and the rest of them

Personally I think the core needs to be Elliot, Colback, Shelvey, Townsend, Mbabu and Armstrong. Chuck some kids in the mix like Callum Roberts, Woodman as backup keeper. Maybe hang on to Mbemba, Mitro, Perez and Dummet

Get rid of Colo, Krul, Gini, Tiote, Anita, Cisse, Sissoko, Marveaux, Gouffran, Obertan, Janmaat, Taylor.

Use the cash to sign a new back 4 and a championship goalscorer

Don't think we'd get much for Krul but going into the Championship with Krul, Elliott, Darlow and Woodman is bloated in that position so yeah, probably lose Krul.

I'd want to convince Janmaat to stay but he'd probably still generate a lot of money for us. I doubt we'd convince Mbemba to stay and frankly I wouldn't be bothered about keeping any of the other defenders.

Midfield we'll see Gini, Sissoko, Tiote, Anita, all jump ship. Wouldn't be surprised to see the back of Townsend too.

I'd actively seek to sell Colback, Marveaux, Gouffran, Obertan

up front I'd get rid of Cisse, Doumbia, de Jong

Elliot

Janmaat Mbemba xxx xxx

Perez Shelvey xxx Aarons

Mitrovic Armstrong

Darlow

Woodman

Who do you think will go but want to stay? Who do you think will stay but want to go? Who do you want to go that will go? Who do you think will stay and you want to stay? And who do you think we should try and get to manage us?

I think Mitrovic will go but would love him to stay, think he'd run riot down there.

Tiote might end up staying because he thinks he's worth 200k p/w. Hope he fucks off. Hope Cisse fucks off.

De Jong we might get saddled with because of his injury record, unless someone takes him for a nominal fee.

Townsend I think will stay, I think he's a bit shite but will do well down there.

Colo will be fucked for a 46 game season, ginger gave him a 3 year contract and no cunt will want him. Free transfer to Argentina? Hope so.

Taylor, is he still under contract or what?

Mbemba will unfortunately leave.

Janmaat will leave, not bothered, don't like him.

Can't see anyone taking Shelvey, he's actually a bit shit and constantly trying Hollywood balls. Don't think he'll excel down there either.

Sissoko. Christ. Who is going to want him that he won't think is beneath him? Either way he better not stay.

Wijnaldum will obviously be off.

Think we'll keep both 'keepers purely because of their injuries.

Thauvin :lol: Fuck knows what happens there.

Anita we're going to be shackled with, he'll be shite in any league.

Perez I hope stays, and think he might want to. I think a bid might force the club's hand in what will likely be a bit of a fire sale.

Colback will stay, probably do okay for us down there.

Really can't see us coming straight back up. It's completely different to last time.

Aye Perez is gone, other clubs rate him and he only cost us 1.5. The only think keeping Mitro will be the hefty price tag we paid for him.
The Armstrong point is interesting though, I'd forgotten about him to a degree but he'd be one that will do well in the Championship as there's not a massive jump in quality between League one and a lot of the Championship. I see him as a Chopra type who will spend his career scoring for fun in the Championship/lower and never really do it in the Prem.

I'm impressed any of you lot can even talk about this yet.

As much as it was on the cards, I'm gutted, probably in shock, and about to break my 'no drinking at home' rule.

I had this thread ready to post when we got it back to 2-2. I was then on the edge of my seat for 15mins and slumped back in it at the full time whistle

The odds of us getting 7 points more than Norwich in 7 games are infinitesimal

0.1% chance we're coming straight back up without wholesale changes.

Tbf, a lot of us thought that last time and we pissed it. Won't be so easy this time though I concede.

Tbf, a lot of us thought that last time and we pissed it. Won't be so easy this time though I concede.

Where's that accadacca kid?

I think Shelvey is a bit shit mind.

Well, we do need some players to play down in that league, don't we? Not saying he's Pirlo, but we do need to field 11.

Tiote has aged twenty years since he first arrived. He is slow as fuck. LIke many others we've signed.

Shelvey's exactly what was signed, a very good, but inconsistent performer.

I thought Townsend was the bigger risk and has turned out to be the shitter of the two.