Next Manager

Kid Dynamite

Who do we get in?

Would Moyes come? Looks like Rodgers might be going back to Swansea. Pearson is apparently off to Villa. You would like to think Charnley is already planning ahead before all the decent managers get jobs but you just know he won't even give it a thought until Rafa quits after the last game

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye I'm 100% confident that Charnley wont bother looking until the day Rafa takes the exit option and leaves. He'll still be pretending we're going to stay up and thinking that by not planning he's showing confidence when in reality he's being a fucking idiot. I think we'll end up with some shite English dinosaur about a month after Rafa leaves.

I'm hoping that this relegation will be the final nail in a thumb shaped coffin.

I'm hopeful that the new man will bring in a promising ambitious manager

but I'm expecting us to employ Neil Warnock of someone like him.

His best mate has just got the caretaker job at Valencia til the Summer. SSN said yesterday the clubs already been in touch with Rafa

It's not even a choice for him tbh. Championship with us or La Liga at a club he's worshipped at

Only reason he'd stick with NUFC is because he can be closer to his family than he would be in Spain (I believe his kids have been brought up as scousers). I doubt his missus would blame him however if he decided managing a big La Liga club was a better idea than managing a club in the Championship.

With that said... last time I checked Valencia were themselves only 6 points from the bottom 3 in their respective league. Can't imagine they'll go down as they've a number of decent players, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

"Benitez wouldn't manage us in the Championship"

Aye, but we didn't think he'd manage us in the PL either.

No chance he'll stay. The wages alone would put an end to that, Ashley's not paying a manager 3-4m in the Championship it took pretty extreme circumstances for him to even do it in the PL.

"Benitez wouldn't manage us in the Championship"

Aye, but we didn't think he'd manage us in the PL either.

As I've said, even if we somehow stay up, he's take the Valencia job over us any day of the week.

Doesn't he want to be in England to be closer to his family?

I don't think that is as strong a factor as people are making out, even if it was there is no possibility of Mike Ashley paying someone around 4m for a season in the Championship. Last time we went down he simply didn't appoint anyone and let the Assistant manager get us promoted, he'll be fairly confident he can either try that again (with Cathro) or pay some no mark 500k-1m who will get the job done.

I don't think that is as strong a factor as people are making out, even if it was there is no possibility of Mike Ashley paying someone around 4m for a season in the Championship. Last time we went down he simply didn't appoint anyone and let the Assistant manager get us promoted, he'll be fairly confident he can either try that again (with Cathro) or pay some no mark 500k-1m who will get the job done.

Am not so sure. The stakes of going up or not are bigger now then ever, paying 4m is nowt if it wins you promotion. Not saying Ashey has learned his lesson, but the appointment of Benitez and spending big (on the wrong players) this season is encouraging maybe.

Am not so sure. The stakes of going up or not are bigger now then ever, paying 4m is nowt if it wins you promotion. Not saying Ashey has learned his lesson, but the appointment of Benitez and spending big (on the wrong players) this season is encouraging maybe.

But you're coming at it from an intelligent position, Ashley will be looking at trying to get back up for as little as possible he'll be more than happy to roll the dice again. The Benitez appointment and spending on transfers was all made in utter panic and there was little else he could do really, he can go and appoint a Warnock type for quarter of the price keep some of our players and buy some upper championship players then fancy us to come back up.

Edited by Howay

If Moyes is rumoured to be interested in Villa I'd go for him and tell him to rip everything apart and build the club up again.

We desperately need to get our academy sorted.

If Moyes is rumoured to be interested in Villa I'd go for him and tell him to rip everything apart and build the club up again.

We desperately need to get our academy sorted.

If there was any hope of Moyes I'd go for him. I'm really hoping Ashley learns, gets rid of Charnley and brings in a manager like Moyes and gives him control, I think it's probably a stretch though.