Next Manager

Kid Dynamite

Carroll was nearly completely unproven. To such a point that when he broke Taylor's jaw people wanted rid of Carroll. Mitro has proven himself capable, 8 Prem goals (he could quite easily make double figures) is nothing to turn your nose up at.

You want the owners to find "one or two Jamie Vardy's"? Pack it in man, that's what every single club in world football wants ffs.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's zero comparison between Andy Carroll last time and. Mitrovic now. None at all. Anyway, the championship was the making of Carroll. Really not sure what your point is, you seem to be sitting on both sides of the fence, unsurprisingly.

:lol:

I'm not on both sides at all. One side reckons he's going to be one the championships best strikers, the other side would be writing him off as a "clogged". I'm not writing the lad off at all. Simply saying not convinced by him yet and worried about where the goals will come from next season.

Anyway, done this to death and it's upsetting Alex, so I'll leave it there, for now.

Can't see mitro staying and he's one of the few I'd like to see stay. I think he's shown he can score goals In the premier league and he's only going to get better.

It might not be that hard to come back up. Last time I went to more games than I had done since we got promoted under Keegan and I remember being shocked at the awful quality of the league. I'd imagine it's even worse now, purely because the premier is worse than it was then. Not that bothered though to be honest - if we come straight back up it will only be to go through exactly what we've been through for the last 4 years or so

Mitrovic is the top scorer in the premier league age 21 or under.

In his first season.

Scoring 2 penalties dismissed as fuck all when they were in massive games to earn points against man u and against our relegation rival. Those penalties impressed me more than any of his other goals for strength of character and composure.

In his first season.

Scoring 2 penalties dismissed as fuck all when they were in massive games to earn points against man u and against our relegation rival. Those penalties impressed me more than any of his other goals for strength of character and composure.

Aye I must admit the pens impressed me too, shows a lot of confidence to step up when the score is tight and score a pen especially at his age. What I particularly like about Mitrovic is how he always shows for it, even after a poor miss he doesn't shy away he still wants to be on the ball. He was on a one man mission against Norwich and the team clearly reacted to his energy, if he does stay he'll be a very important player for us in the Championship (or in the Prem if we somehow stay up).

I'm not sure the two equate. I'm also not saying he won't do ok.

He's only 21, he's scored 8 goals. Two of those were penalties and one a deflected header. Yes they all count, but that leaves 3 goals he's scored with his feet all season. It's not as though he's been whizzing shots left right and centre and having goalies pull off great saves. He also seems to lack pace and both managers have decided not to start him this year.

None of that for me adds up to a certainty to be one of the best strikers in the championship.

So given the above and the lack of any other real goal threats, it's little wonder that I'm concerned about repeating our 90 goal haul of last time.

So you;

1. Don't watch the Championship
  2. Don't watch other Premier League sides
  3. Do put your faith in players who've not proven they're at the required standard.

See why people think you talk out of your arse?

If I wanted to know which Metal Detector would best suit my needs, I'd ask someone who knew what they were talking about, I wouldn't rely on the opinion of someone who doesn't spend their time using a metal detector.

If I wanted to know which striker would perform well in the Championship, I'd ask someone who knew what they were talking about, not someone who doesn't.

Abel Hernandez (who you've probably never heard of) played 25 times for Hull in 14/15 and scored 4 times in his first season in the Premier League. He's on 16 for the season so far in the Championship.

So you;

• Don't watch the Championship
  • Don't watch other Premier League sides
  • Do put your faith in players who've not proven they're at the required standard.
See why people think you talk out of your arse?

If I wanted to know which Metal Detector would best suit my needs, I'd ask someone who knew what they were talking about, I wouldn't rely on the opinion of someone who doesn't spend their time using a metal detector.

If I wanted to know which striker would perform well in the Championship, I'd ask someone who knew what they were talking about, not someone who doesn't.

Abel Hernandez (who you've probably never heard of) played 25 times for Hull in 14/15 and scored 4 times in his first season in the Premier League. He's on 16 for the season so far in the Championship.

What a load of bollocks. :lol:

This conversation is about the future potential of a 21 year old. It's not a statement of fact or a yes or know answer you moron.

He may do great. He may be shit. He may be average.

Most of you were "sure" little old Danny Simpson was a bag of shite and not fit for the premiership ;)

What a load of bollocks. :lol:

This conversation is about the future potential of a 21 year old. It's not a statement of fact or a yes or know answer you moron.

He may do great. He may be shit. He may be average.

Most of you were "sure" little old Danny Simpson was a bag of shite and not fit for the premiership ;)

Spectacularly missing the point old bean.

You admit you don't watch the championship, so how could you have any idea if Mitrovic would be good down there or not?

As an aside, you're back tracking now. You've repeatedly questioned his ability to hit the back of the net and questioned where the goals will come from. You're stating you've seen nothing that gives you confidence in Mitrovic. He's scored more than everyone else at the club bar Wijnaldum (and he's actually scored away from home) and even suggested that scoring goals with his head is somehow less valuable than with his feet.

I wouldn't tell you that one metal detector was any better or worse at detecting in sand or grass because I don't spend my time finding the answer to that question.

I do spend my time watching a lot of football and can tell you that Mitrovic has all the qualities needed to be a top goal scorer in the Championship.

You're stating you don't think he'll be one of the best strikers in the Championship, despite not watching the Championship.

re: the last bit, all that proves is that an average player can do ok in a well-drilled, confident side. But that was proven by David May, Andy O'Brien and many others.

Fish, you must be bored playing CT's little games. Firstly , he's on a constant wind up. Secondly, he knows fuck all about football in any division. Those first two points aren't mutually exclusive. Thirdly, this may well be immaterial anyway as there is a good chance he won't be with us in the championship.

Spectacularly missing the point old bean.

You admit you don't watch the championship, so how could you have any idea if Mitrovic would be good down there or not?

As an aside, you're back tracking now. You've repeatedly questioned his ability to hit the back of the net and questioned where the goals will come from. You're stating you've seen nothing that gives you confidence in Mitrovic. He's scored more than everyone else at the club bar Wijnaldum (and he's actually scored away from home) and even suggested that scoring goals with his head is somehow less valuable than with his feet.

I wouldn't tell you that one metal detector was any better or worse at detecting in sand or grass because I don't spend my time finding the answer to that question.

I do spend my time watching a lot of football and can tell you that Mitrovic has all the qualities needed to be a top goal scorer in the Championship.

You're stating you don't think he'll be one of the best strikers in the Championship, despite not watching the Championship.

re: the last bit, all that proves is that an average player can do ok in a well-drilled, confident side. But that was proven by David May, Andy O'Brien and many others.

I'm not backtracking on anything or miss any points :lol:

Its very simple. We are talking about opinions on the potential of a 21 year old. Neither me or you know how that will play out.

Fish, you must be bored playing CT's little games. Firstly , he's on a constant wind up. Secondly, he knows fuck all about football in any division. Those first two points aren't mutually exclusive. Thirdly, this may well be immaterial anyway as there is a good chance he won't be with us in the championship.

You're nearly as much as an old woman as Alex. :lol:

What's the "wind up"?

I've been very clear on my opinion of a player and concern for goals next season. I've stated my reasons.

How can that "wind you up". Are you that sensitive? Surely all you need to say is I disagree, he'll be excellent. End of.

I didn't get wound up when you called 21 year Andy Carroll a clogger and were unsure about what he could do.

Just opinions you big soft shite.

I'm not backtracking on anything or miss any points :lol:

Its very simple. We are talking about opinions on the potential of a 21 year old. Neither me or you know how that will play out.

But you're not qualified to have an opinion on the possible performances of a young lad in the English Championship. You haven't the information on which to base your opinion. That is the point. And given that's what everybody is telling you, I'd say it's a valid point.

and you are backtracking, at first it was you "have no confidence in him", now it's "nobody knows how he'll do".

But you're not qualified to have an opinion on the possible performances of a young lad in the English Championship. You haven't the information on which to base your opinion. That is the point. And given that's what everybody is telling you, I'd say it's a valid point.

and you are backtracking, at first it was you "have no confidence in him", now it's "nobody knows how he'll do".

My opinions are based on watching him all season you idiot.

He has passion and is big. Good.

He doesn't seem to have much pace, gets pushed off the ball to easily, ver rarely makes a good run, misses plenty of chances and both managers have decided to drop him.

Now I'm not for one minute arguing I am right, it's just my opinion. ;)

He may well prove better in a lower league, however the points I've mentioned above might also hold him back again.

You disagree, move on ;)

My opinions are based on watching him all season you idiot.

He has passion and is big. Good.

He doesn't seem to have much pace, gets pushed off the ball to easily, ver rarely makes a good run, misses plenty of chances and both managers have decided to drop him.

Now I'm not for one minute arguing I am right, it's just my opinion. ;)

He may well prove better in a lower league, however the points I've mentioned above might also hold him back again.

You disagree, move on ;)

So our 2nd highest goal scorer has no qualities beside being big and mental? :lol:;)

By the way, Mitrovic has a comparable shot accuracy to Sergio Aguero (50%-52%) ;)

Having an opinion is only worthwhile if it's based on something ;)

The reason you want to move on is because you've been comprehensively tucked in ;)

I'm not sure of the value of the smiley faces at the end of sentences, but it seems to be your thing, so in an effort to make you comfortable I'll continue ;)

Edited by The Fish

In his first season.

It's almost like there's a reason why certain players are chosen to take penalties.

So what, Sholas penalty record was 100%

No one is suggesting being a great penalty taker makes you a great player but it's a good attribute to have. I think something like 1 in 5 are missed so Shola's record was fantastic. Your point is?

Getting relegated means we're probably getting rid of CT? :banana: