Next Manager

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We definitely don't have the squad for the championship. Knackers virtually to a man.

Not a dig at you, because virtually everyone has been saying the same thing, but I'm getting massive deja vu on the doom-mongering about how difficult it will be to come back up.

And (to have a dig at you ;) ) you were particularly concerned about Jonas and Nolan in the championship, 2 of the best performers.

Not a dig at you, because virtually everyone has been saying the same thing, but I'm getting massive deja vu on the doom-mongering about how difficult it will be to come back up.

And (to have a dig at you ;) ) you were particularly concerned about Jonas and Nolan in the championship, 2 of the best performers.

Firstly, I've never rated Jonas in any league. Secondly, quite a few questioned whether Nolan would have the stamina for the championship. Other than that, I think I was only second to Accadacca in my belief that we'd come straight back up.

As for this time round, we have no battlers, no creators, no goal scorers and an owner who has lost all interest in the club and has bigger fish to fry.

None of it bodes well.

Firstly, I've never rated Jonas in any league. Secondly, quite a few questioned whether Nolan would have the stamina for the championship. Other than that, I think I was only second to Accadacca in my belief that we'd come straight back up.

As for this time round, we have no battlers,

Colback, Dummett,

no creators

Aarons, Shelvey, Townsend

no goal scorers

Perez, Mitrovic, Armstrong

and an owner who has lost all interest in the club and has bigger fish to fry.

I agree.

Colback, Dummett,

Aarons, Shelvey, Townsend

Perez, Mitrovic, Armstrong

I agree.

I hope Colback never plays again.

How many assists do your creators have so far for us.

Perez and Mitrovic have struggled to hit the target all season.

Mitro has 8 or 9 now doesn't he? And that's been in a team set out to be cautious as fuck (despite an inability to defend).

If he was still here next season, I'd be fairly confident he'd score quite a few. Fuck knows who will be here though.

I hope Colback never plays again.

How many assists do your creators have so far for us.

Perez and Mitrovic have struggled to hit the target all season.

I wouldn't want Colback either, but you said we had no battlers, he is a battler.

Those three have 4 out of 24, despite having played less than half of the season. Also, assists aren't a reliable metric for measuring someone's creativity. Modric got fewer assists than Lennon when they played together at Spurs, is Modric less of a creator than Aaron Lennon?

2nd and 3rd top goal scorers for the club despite neither starting as many games as the top goal scorer.

Anything else I can help with?

I wouldn't want Colback either, but you said we had no battlers, he is a battler.

Those three have 4 out of 24, despite having played less than half of the season. Also, assists aren't a reliable metric for measuring someone's creativity. Modric got fewer assists than Lennon when they played together at Spurs, is Modric less of a creator than Aaron Lennon?

2nd and 3rd top goal scorers for the club despite neither starting as many games as the top goal scorer.

Anything else I can help with?

Creators have 3 assists and Perez and Mitrovic have 14 between them. Doesn't inspire me one bit for next year.

mitrovic will the tear the championship up, i reckon. shola looked like a good striker down there ffs

I don't think he's demonstrated anything this season that warrants such confidence.

When we won the championship we scored nearly 90 goals ffs :lol:

Just can't see a repeat without lots of investment / new players. And let's face it, we don't know who the manager is and our player recruitment is dire.

A repeat relegation wouldn't be a shock.

Creators have 3 assists and Perez and Mitrovic have 14 between them. Doesn't inspire me one bit for next year.

:lol:

more playing time,

worse league,

you miss the point,

and it's like talking to a child.

I don't think he's demonstrated anything this season that warrants such confidence.

Just can't see a repeat without lots of investment / new players. And let's face it, we don't know who the manager is and our player recruitment is dire.

Here man, Lovenkrands, Shola, Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan all scored double figures! Lovenkrands... Nolan... Carroll and fucking Shola!

You're a right pissy knickers lately.

He's scored 9 goals in a very poor Newcastle side. He's wased plenty of chances, sure, but his all round game is good, and he'll get away with missing more chances in the championship because the defences down there aren't as good. I think he's one of the few in the squad that'll do well in that division. Ditto Shelvey and Townsend

Edited by Dr Gloom

And look at the side we had. You're making his point for him

And look at the side we had. You're making his point for him

I disagree. That was at the least a "team", with some strength, guile and passion to it. That lot would murder our current team.

Where the fuck are we going to get 90 goals from.

I disagree. That was at the least a "team", with some strength, guile and passion to it. That lot would murder our current team.

When we went down it wasn't though, it only showed in the Championship at a lower level. You could argue there were more 'characters' in that side that went down but, by the same token, they were utterly gutless when we went down. Nolan of the famed 'player committee' being an absolute fucking disgrace in his first half a season here who hid at every opportunity during games.

You're talking out your arse again. This currrent side lack commitment, that's for sure. Just like the shit that went down 08/09. Once shorn of the players who don't have the commitment our team will be plenty strong enough for the Championship. Just like the team that cruised it last time were.

If we keep Mitrovic and Perez we'll have two of the best strikers in the division. If we keep Shelvey and Townsend we'll have two mid-table Premier League attack minded players. Mbemba is the 16/17 version of 09/10 Coloccini if he stays. Add a few more bodies and we're very strong for that division.

the team that went down were as gutless as they go - barton getting himself sent off with a couple of games to go, viduka, duff et al strolling around the pitch like it was a training session.

Last time we went down

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/5385837/Newcastle-United-Who-will-stay-and-who-will-leave-St-James-Park-following-relegation.html

By Rob Stewart

8:23AM BST 26 May 2009

Who's off and for how much:

Michael Owen - £115,000 per week salary - free agent

Mark Viduka - £80,000 per week salary - free agent

Joey Barton - £65,000 per week salary - £2 million transfer

Sebastien Bassong - £20,000 per week salary £8 million transfer

Geremi - £60,000 free transfer

Alan Smith - £60,000 per week salary £1 million transfer

Fabricio Coloccini - £60,000 per week salary - loan.

Jonas Gutierrez - £50,000 per week salary - loan

Xisco - £40,000 per week salary - loan

Ignacio Gonzalez - £40,000 per week salary - loan

Jose Enrique - £50,000 per week salary - £2 million

Habib Beye - £50,000 per week salary - £1 million.

Shola Ameobi - £25,000 per week salary - £500,000

Total savings:

Salaries per annum: £37,180

Transfer fees: £14.5 million

Who they'll keep and why:

Steven Taylor £25,000 per week salary

Already earmarked by Shearer as a future captain and cornerstone of new defence

Damien Duff £50,000 per week salary

A luxury item. Shadow of his former self but will do a job as left-back.

Steve Harper £35,000 per week salary

He's no Shay Given but Shearer knows he won't let him down.

Nicky Butt £50,000 per week salary

His legs might be going but at least he's still got enough know-how for one last hurrah.

Kevin Nolan £40,000 per week salary

If he can be knocked into shape this summer goals should start flowing again.

Danny Guthrie - £20,000 per week salary

Out of his depth in the Premier League, he should be happier next season

Ryan Taylor £25,000 per week salary

Should feel more at home at Championship level and has decent dead-ball skills

Andy Carroll £20,000 per week salary

The targetman will spearhead Shearer's Tyneside revolution but only after overcoming broken ankle

Last time we achieved it with players who scored fewer on the way down than Mitrovic has. He'll get 90 goals on his own. Every game.

The best thing about this is, come the first game of next season, he'll be having one of his OMG OMG OMG NEW SEASON spirituals and predicting that we're going to walk the league, whatever the squad.

The Championship is fucking shite man, Carroll had scored 3 goals in 14 when we went down, Mitrovic has 8 in 27 in his first season in the country at 21 leading the line alone. He's going to go from playing Premier League defenders to playing Championship ones (at best) and League one level ones at worst.

You keep saying we had a team when we went down but we didn't, we were a total fucking mess, it was probably stronger on paper than the team we have now and it was such a toxic team that they still went down but a team come out of it in what is a total shite league. We've also got a young lad who has been scoring for fun in League One and would probably get 10-15 goals if he played a full season alongside Mitrovic.

If you genuinely think Mitrovic is a terrible player and wont do better in the Championship this is a pointless discussion. The lad has 8 goals in his first Premier League season, aged 20/21, up top alone, in one of the worst chance creating teams in the league, it's impressive that he has managed basically 1 in 3 ffs.