Next Manager

Kid Dynamite

Anyone that can't see the massive potential in Mitrovic is clueless imo. If we hold our nerve and keep key players, and hire a half decent manager, next season will be a pleasure. If.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're talking out your arse again. This currrent side lack commitment, that's for sure. Just like the shit that went down 08/09. Once shorn of the players who don't have the commitment our team will be plenty strong enough for the Championship. Just like the team that cruised it last time were.

If we keep Mitrovic and Perez we'll have two of the best strikers in the division. If we keep Shelvey and Townsend we'll have two mid-table Premier League attack minded players. Mbemba is the 16/17 version of 09/10 Coloccini if he stays. Add a few more bodies and we're very strong for that division.

That's bollocks :lol:

There's absolutely no guarantee that Perez or Mitrovic will be the best strikers in the championship. Perez showed early promise last season but has been very poor this season. Mitrovic while big and full of bluster has not shown he has a killer eye for goal by any means. It's just simply wishful thinking by you.

As for Townsend and Shelvey, they are not mid table, they are bottom two. More wishful thinking.

But aye, Mbembas not bad.

There's absolutely no guarantee that Perez or Mitrovic will be the best strikers in the championship. Perez showed early promise last season but has been very poor this season. Mitrovic while big and full of bluster has not shown he has a killer eye for goal by any means. It's just simply wishful thinking by you.

As for Townsend and Shelvey, they are not mid table, they are bottom two. More wishful thinking.

Do you know who Cameron Jerome is? Currently has 3 goals in 28 Premier League games this season, he got 18 last season in the Championship. Mitrovic at 21 is already far better than him, it's not wishful thinking it's just an understanding of how poor the Championship is and that Mitrovic is actually a canny player with a lot of potential.

Discussing Perez is pointless as he wont be here, but if he was he would rip the Championship to pieces. Unless you genuinely think Peter Lovenkrands was a better player than Perez is you'd agree.

Edited by Howay

Do you know who Cameron Jerome is? Currently has 3 goals in 28 Premier League games this season, he got 18 last season in the Championship. Mitrovic at 21 is already far better than him, it's not wishful thinking it's just an understanding of how poor the Championship is and that Mitrovic is actually a canny player with a lot of potential.

Discussing Perez is pointless as he wont be here, but if he was he would rip the Championship to pieces. Unless you genuinely think Peter Lovenkrands was a better player than Perez is you'd agree.

Do you understand what potential means??

You've mentioned plenty of players you thought had "potential" over the years from Ranger to Bigi...... Where are they now!

Mitrovic may well come good. Hope he does, but talk of him automatically being the championships best striker next season is bollocks.

Edited by Christmas Tree

There's no guarantee, of course there isn't but given they've both shown they can score goals in a bad Premier League side that carves out few chances, I'd fancy them to outscore Peter Lovenkrands and Shola Ame-fucking-obi in the Championship. To say that Shelvey and Townsend are bottom 2 players shows you're just on the fucking wind up as well.

Mitrovic has 8 goals. More than Rooney and Benteke, as many as Alexis Sanchez and Anthony Martial. Would they all also struggle to score in the Championship?

Fuck me :lol:

The thing about judging potential is that you need a bit of footballing knowledge/intelligence in order to do so.

:jonas:

Edited by The Fish

You've mentioned plenty of players you thought had "potential" over the years from Ranger to Bigi...... Where are they now!

Mitrovic may well come good. Hope he does, but talk of him automatically being the championships best striker next season is bollocks.

Of course I do, I've said he's a canny player WITH potential. Ranger had nowt but potential he was completely unproven but had raw talent. Mitrovic has 8 goals in the Premier League, he could quite easily end the season with 10 goals which is a decent haul for a player in the Premier League let alone a young lad in his first season.

I find it ridiculous how you are just writing off 8 Premier League goals as if it's nothing, how many do you expect the lad to score? 20? 15? those are the numbers of players like Kane and Lukaku, go and have a look how much they are supposedly worth.

Where have I said he would automatically be the best? I've said he'd be good, which he will be. I've given you a name of a player that Mitrovic has outscored this season who scored 18 goals last season in the Championship, I'll give you another one, Daryl Murphy ex-mackem who scored 3 goals in 54 PL appearances for the Mackems scored 27 goals in the Championship last season.

You are calling people ridiculous for suggesting a player who has scored 8 in 27 PL games will comfortably hit double figures in the Championship yet you are suggesting a relegation from the Championship next season is a possibility? Don't be fucking daft man, go and watch some Championship football please, it's a massive drop off.

Comparing Mitrovic to Ranger and Bigi btw? Just being daft now, neither of them showed anywhere near what Mitrovic has in terms of immediate impact. As I say look at players like Cameron Jerome to see the drop off in the Championship to Premier League scorers, look at how many goals Michael Chopra scored in the Championship compared to him struggling to score half of what Mitrovic has in the Prem.

Don't be fucking daft man, go and watch some Championship football please, it's a massive drop off.

He doesn't watch the Premier league mate, you honestly think he's going to tune in for Burnley v Leeds on Saturday?

He doesn't watch the Premier league mate, you honestly think he's going to tune in for Burnley v Leeds on Saturday?

:lol: True, maybe he'll grasp that in his first full season in the PL Luis Suarez scored 11 goals in 31 games, to put 8 in 27 in a better perspective, it's also worth noting that Suarez had half a season before that to settle in and the side created a good amount of chances (they finished 6th in the league in the season he played 6 month and 8th in his first full season). Now to be clear I am in no way saying I think Mitrovic will ever be in Suarez's class but it shows that 8 goals (with 6 games left to play) is not some paltry number.

Edited by Howay

:lol: True, maybe he'll grasp that in his first full season in the PL Luis Suarez scored 11 goals in 31 games, to put 8 in 27 in a better perspective, it's also worth noting that Suarez had half a season before that to settle in and the side created a good amount of chances (6th in the league in the season he played 6 month and 8th in his first full season). Now to be clear I am in no way saying I think Mitrovic will ever be in Suarez's class but it shows that 8 goals (with 6 games left to play) is not some paltry number.

Especially in the context of the standard of teammates and manager.

CT doesn't get to talk to anyone about spotting potential:

Kazenga Lualua

Shane Ferguson

Sylvain Marveaux

He absolutely loves it when it's like this, man. Thrives off winding people up because it's easier to get a chomp when the club is doing particularly shit. He was in his element post-Keegan's departure with his campaign to have Dennis Wise installed as manager.

Edited by Alex

doumbia on the other hand would run away with the golden boot.

doumbia on the other hand would run away with the golden boot.

Only if he was supplied by Shane Ferguson. Who has 12 assists to his name, 7 of those coming in League One...

Especially in the context of the standard of teammates and manager.

CT doesn't get to talk to anyone about spotting potential:

Kazenga Lualua

Shane Ferguson

Sylvain Marveaux

Hold on :lol:

You used to rave on about Lualua. You also wanted us to sub Jonas for Shane "more often".

As for Marveaux, he was a decent enough player until he failed his medical at Liverpool. Never had a good run here.

He absolutely loves it when it's like this, man. Thrives off winding people up because it's easier to get a chomp when the club is doing particularly shit. He was in his element post-Keegan's departure with his campaign to have Dennis Wise installed as manager.

I know you love nothing more than a bucket of shit and a spoon, but this discussion is purely about whether we have decent enough players to survive / get out of the championship. Nothing more.

You've been chastised a few lately for this behaviour. It's not nice and it's not clever.

You're a very naughty boy.

I know you love nothing more than a bucket of shit and a spoon, but this discussion is purely about whether we have decent enough players to survive / get out of the championship. Nothing more.

You've been chastised a few lately for this behaviour. It's not nice and it's not clever.

You're a very naughty boy.

Even that's a shit attempt at a wind-up.

Hold on :lol:

You used to rave on about Lualua. You also wanted us to sub Jonas for Shane "more often".

As for Marveaux, he was a decent enough player until he failed his medical at Liverpool. Never had a good run here.

I used to enjoy watching him play; he was direct, exciting, just like his cousin. But Zinga shouldn't have started and wanting a young player to get more game time doesn't mean I am sure he should be starting, I wanted to get a better look at him and found late-in-the-game substitutions to generally be wastes of time. Marveaux has had one good game that I can remember.

It's this weird disorder of yours where you state the unknown will be better than the known.

Finally, you can't have a pop at alex for being a WUM when you're making ridiculous claims with nothing to support it and ignoring the replies that tuck you the fuck in, so you can stow that horseshit. :lol:

Bet CT saws loads of Marveaux during his time in France like. Given he's admitted on several occasions he doesn't watch any games that don't involve NUFC. :lol:

EXACTLY what I'm getting at, the thick fuck

Bet CT saws loads of Marveaux during his time in France like. Given he's admitted on several occasions he doesn't watch any games that don't involve NUFC. :lol:

EXACTLY what I'm getting at, the thick fuck

Had one decent season in Ligue 1, not exactly the sort of player you should still be bigging up 5 seasons later. Marveaux is shit, I'm fairly sure CT doesn't rate Ben Arfa and he is currently having a better season than Marveaux has ever had.

I disagree. That was at the least a "team", with some strength, guile and passion to it. That lot would murder our current team.

Where the fuck are we going to get 90 goals from.

Out of interest

Mitrovic has scored 8 goals this season in the premier league with 7 games remaining

If he was to stay how many goals do you think he will score in the championship?

Surely if he stays you have to think he's going to be one of the best strikers in the division

Out of interest

Mitrovic has scored 8 goals this season in the premier league with 7 games remaining

If he was to stay how many goals do you think he will score in the championship?

Surely if he stays you have to think he's going to be one of the best strikers in the division

:lol: He doesn't, despite the fact basically no one in that league has scored as many Premier League goals as Mitrovic in a season, let alone in their first season and in a relegation side to boot.

Got another example, Abel Hernandez come over at about 23/24 and scored 4 in 26 as Hull got relegated he currently has 16 in 33 games in the Championship.

Edited by Howay