Blyth Spartans

Kid Dynamite

• 10 months later...

Aye that's the lad. Good job to step into tbh, my mate has been all over the world with it and is on a good wage, good luck to the lad. I think his brother plays in the lower leagues as well.

Are Blyth full time now? My locals Poole Town went into national south (Blyth go into national north if promoted?) this season as part timers, playing on basically a school playing field. They're on the edge of the play offs into the vanarama but were threatened with relegation if they didn't improve the floodlights and build some sort of terracing. Think they'll miss out "accidentally on purpose" as going into what is basically divi 5 isn't viable as part timers getting crowds of 700 but with a population of 145k, which is ironic at the moment with Bournemouth on the doorstep who could probably get in excess of 20k if they stay in the premier league.

amazing job..... hmmm non league football or sporting about the globe...........

:lol: Aye, he's had the best of both worlds really. A productive footy career until 30 and now he's getting into a more long term career. Obviously planned well as the training takes a few year so he's a switched on lad to think ahead, I'm sure most just wait until their footy career ends.

Are Blyth full time now? My locals Poole Town went into national south (Blyth go into national north if promoted?) this season as part timers, playing on basically a school playing field. They're on the edge of the play offs into the vanarama but were threatened with relegation if they didn't improve the floodlights and build some sort of terracing. Think they'll miss out "accidentally on purpose" as going into what is basically divi 5 isn't viable as part timers getting crowds of 700 but with a population of 145k, which is ironic at the moment with Bournemouth on the doorstep who could probably get in excess of 20k if they stay in the premier league.

Nah still part time. They are always going to flip flop between Northern Conference and Northern Premier as they will struggle to top 6-700 fans which won't earn them enough money to go full time.

I'm pretty sure the ground is up to scratch though, they've done some big ugrades with money from their 2 cup runs

• 2 years later...

As an aside, Heaton Stannington had 400+ there on Saturday, albeit with Billingham town taking about 200 to see them win the Northern League Second Division. Still a hell of a crowd for that level (especially with Newcastle at home). 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

How many of the Mackem squad would get in to Spartans team ?

:D

Mental to think that if we get promoted and Sunderland lose in the playoffs, the 2 teams could theoretically be playing each other in league 2 in 12 months :lol:

Unlikely I know, but still a good stat to wind them up

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So after losing in the Conference playoffs our manager left to join Darlington and took 4 players with him. Another 3 first teamers have left too and things were looking pretty desperate. We've just announced our new manager. Not sure wtf is happening. Good appointment but he's going to need a ton of new players

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 2

I will never forget in 1996, the glorious sight of Clarky staggering in to the Galley kebab shop on the quayside at daft o’clock in the morning, so wankered he couldn’t speak, somehow managed to order a chicken burger, then proceeded to miss his mouth with 90% of it, giving himself a fetching garlic mayo cravate. 

:lol:

Best of luck. 

• Haha 2