****WHO'S DEPRESSED?*****

Slayer

It's tragic this. So many "last chances" we have had, so many games to show that we want to stay in this league and have come embarrassingly short each time.

The future would be good if we could stay up but this time we have a mathematical chance only. We all know we are down realistically and we deserve it.

I'm depressed.

We're down. I think it's been pretty obvious since the Bournemouth debacle that the players have given up. Yesterday and the mackem game just confirmed what we already suspected.

Depressed but not surprised.

Nah, the only big loss is Benitez and knowing our board he would have resigned by next Christmas anyway even if we had stayed up.

Club needs rebuilding, away from the distraction of possibly being relegated.

Edited by Rayvin

I'm not anywhere near as bothered as I was last time we went down, this has been coming for 3 seasons now and Ashley has really taken the least amount of action possible until this season where he finally allowed the club to spend some money. The spending spree was always grounded in his stupid fucking policies for the most part though, it focused on attacking midfield type players and a young striker when we clearly needed defenders and goalscorers, he also yet again neglected to bother appointing a proper manager and went for another cheap option.

I'm really hoping this finally pushes him over the edge with the club and he makes sure we get back up then tries to sell the club, we're never going to see good football under this bloke. I think how dross we've been all season has helped the acceptance of it tbh, we've been in and around the bottom 3 basically all season so it's hard to feel depressed when it's all but guaranteed now. I think we'll be back up after a season down there.

No its been glaringly obvious all season the biggest dissapointment is the Benitez clause as he could/would have rebuilt the football side of NUFC. Instead we're going to end up in the Championship with some Johnny Hasbeen as our new manager. On the plus side Ashley will lose millions with the loss of his free tv advertising every fortnight. I'm hoping that'll be enough to make him sell up & sod off.

Devastated tbh.

Yesterday was so brutal.

Had we just held on for a draw we'd be in with a really decent chance, IMO.

Gonna take something special now, though.

It's a cliche but it's a funny old game. Cisse's header was finger tips from changing everything.

Guess that's a major part of the appeal of football, does seem we get fuck all luck at the moment though.

The only part of this long running shit-show I find depressing is the appointment of Benitez.

It shows that we have/had the standing to still attract top notch personnel, but we just don't have the right people in the crucial positions to pull off these appointments at the right time.

Rafa will fuck off when we go down, and nobody will blame him for doing so.

The depressing part is that had he been appointed a few weeks previously, we would've probably stayed up, with a quality gaffer in place to oversee the huge rebuilding exercise necessary.

As it is, we've just been teased, Jim Bowen style- " Let's have a look at what you could've won....."

Incompetence on a scale unimaginable.

The only part of this long running shit-show I find depressing is the appointment of Benitez.

It shows that we have/had the standing to still attract top notch personnel, but we just don't have the right people in the crucial positions to pull off these appointments at the right time.

Rafa will fuck off when we go down, and nobody will blame him for doing so.

The depressing part is that had he been appointed a few weeks previously, we would've probably stayed up, with a quality gaffer in place to oversee the huge rebuilding exercise necessary.

As it is, we've just been teased, Jim Bowen style- " Let's have a look at what you could've won....."

Incompetence on a scale unimaginable.

Totally agree. Heads should roll for this shambles.

:lol:

Daddy's Cock, the absolute epitome (google it, you thick mackem cunt), of the average sunderland fan- more excited about the prospect of us going down than they are worried about the virtual certainty that they will be coming with us.

Whatever our future holds, thank fuck it doesn't have Hippo Heed involved in it.

" Let's have a look at what you could've won....."

:lol::cry:

Benitez is the only reason I cared again, and I'm more or less over it now.

My cat died the next morning too. :(

I'm not anywhere near as bothered as I was last time we went down, this has been coming for 3 seasons now and Ashley has really taken the least amount of action possible until this season where he finally allowed the club to spend some money. The spending spree was always grounded in his stupid fucking policies for the most part though, it focused on attacking midfield type players and a young striker when we clearly needed defenders and goalscorers, he also yet again neglected to bother appointing a proper manager and went for another cheap option.

I'm really hoping this finally pushes him over the edge with the club and he makes sure we get back up then tries to sell the club, we're never going to see good football under this bloke. I think how dross we've been all season has helped the acceptance of it tbh, we've been in and around the bottom 3 basically all season so it's hard to feel depressed when it's all but guaranteed now. I think we'll be back up after a season down there.

Aye I think also the lack of heart on the pitch has made it easier to not give as much of a shit. If the more of the players were as affected as Mitrovic I might feel for them. But a combination of being poorly setup for the majority of the season, a club with a losing mentality, gutless and/or incompetent teammates has meant we've been on a downward spiral for ages. I had hoped the spiral wouldn't be as steep, or that signings would arrest the slide, but we're a rotten club that doesn't deserve the support it gets, but does deserve relegation.

You'd imagine that supporters of other premier league teams would be delighted to see the back of us, villa and the tramps. Three clubs of a decent size who have added nothing to the league for years. You'd rather see smaller clubs like Norwich and Bournemouth giving it a go than the three of us treading water until we evenually fall into the abyss.

Ashley will probably get motivated/interested enough to get us back in the PL for another 5-10 years of his contemptible dogshite billboard.

Following Newcastle in this era has been like shovelling shit into your mouth one week and vomit the next.