Rivals

The Fish

Yep, the two cunts took turns all night.

When I got home I watched the TV coverage and added Brian Moore to my Arya Stark type death list for his bias.

Ffs, spoilers.

;)

Am amazed at some people's memories for games more than 2 decades ago like. To use another film analogy, my game memories are cleared out by my inside out memory maintenance guys weeks or even days after the match. Probably remember only a few dozen scorelines even.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ffs, spoilers.

;)

Am amazed at some people's memories for games more than 2 decades ago like. To use another film analogy, my game memories are cleared out by my inside out memory maintenance guys weeks or even days after the match. Probably remember only a few dozen scorelines even.

Mitigating factors make games stand out. I don't remember run of the mill games but cup quarter finals we were effectively cheated out of tend to remain unpurged.

I've very little memories of the two cup finals. Maybe the bitterness of not having a chance of tickets fuelled this.

Lucky you. I think the semi against Chelsea the following year was worse because we were the better side. Great moment when Rob Lee's goal went in though. Plus, with it being the semi the crowd was about 50-50 opposing sets of fans. Crowd went fucking mental when that goal went in

rob-lee-celebrates-scoring-at-wembley-ag

Lucky you. I think the semi against Chelsea the following year was worse because we were the better side. Great moment when Rob Lee's goal went in though. Plus, with it being the semi the crowd was about 50-50 opposing sets of fans. Crowd went fucking mental when that goal went in

Whenever I watch that highlight I swear I can hear Sir Bob start cheering before anyone else.

Aye, was at that one. Very, very hard to take. Played well and knew we'd have had a excellent chance of beating villa in the final. I sometimes think we're fucking cursed.

I don't hold much hatred in anyway, shape or form other than against terrorists AND other football clubs.

It goes without saying the mackems are our main rivals. For me they're bigger rivals than ever given the fact we've played our last 7 games against them and lost 6. Their lives are dependent on Newcastle failing, and us being beneath them. Fuck cups, fuck pushes for Europe, finishing above the mags is the absolute necessity of life. To anyone who has a clue it's obviously a lot more than football and everything about Wearside and Sunderland I find genuinely repulsive.

After that it boils down to the individual.

Boro - complete scruffs who would choose beating us over anything, and that is a fact I've witnessed it in their end. THAT is why I don't like them.

Then there are so many teams who genuinely hate Newcastle because of gobby, arrogant, mouthy, boastful tosspots about our area, history, culture, like me are all over Tyneside and we always fucking will be! For every studentified Keegan bandwagon jumping wank, there is another like me or HMHM.

There is at least one fan of every club in the country who hates Newcastle United and their supporters. We are a deluded small club who expect too much according to Herbert in Brighton, Giles in Bedfordshire and Ste in The Wirral.

For me our rivals are obviously Sunderland, everybody is different but I'll give a cunt mark of 10 how I feel about a lot of other clubs.

10 Scum

9 HATE them

8 Don't like them

7 No love lost

6 Cuntish at times

5 Boring but fuck them

4 No opinion

3 Quite like them

2 Canny

1 Magic these

Liverpool 10

Man Utd 6 these days

Tottenham 7

Everton 8

Leeds 8

Aston Villa 9

Wolves 7

Was proud of our fans that day. We were at the tunnel end and gave the Chelsea players etc (Graham Rix aside :lol: ) a great ovation. Think Vialli was genuinely touched. Not sure a reversal of roles would've seen that reciprocated.

I don't hold much hatred in anyway, shape or form other than against terrorists AND other football clubs.

It goes without saying the mackems are our main rivals. For me they're bigger rivals than ever given the fact we've played our last 7 games against them and lost 6. Their lives are dependent on Newcastle failing, and us being beneath them. Fuck cups, fuck pushes for Europe, finishing above the mags is the absolute necessity of life. To anyone who has a clue it's obviously a lot more than football and everything about Wearside and Sunderland I find genuinely repulsive.

After that it boils down to the individual.

Boro - complete scruffs who would choose beating us over anything, and that is a fact I've witnessed it in their end. THAT is why I don't like them.

Then there are so many teams who genuinely hate Newcastle because of gobby, arrogant, mouthy, boastful tosspots about our area, history, culture, like me are all over Tyneside and we always fucking will be! For every studentified Keegan bandwagon jumping wank, there is another like me or HMHM.

There is at least one fan of every club in the country who hates Newcastle United and their supporters. We are a deluded small club who expect too much according to Herbert in Brighton, Giles in Bedfordshire and Ste in The Wirral.

For me our rivals are obviously Sunderland, everybody is different but I'll give a cunt mark of 10 how I feel about a lot of other clubs.

10 Scum

9 HATE them

8 Don't like them

7 No love lost

6 Cuntish at times

5 Boring but fuck them

4 No opinion

3 Quite like them

2 Canny

1 Magic these

Liverpool 10

Man Utd 6 these days

Tottenham 7

Everton 8

Leeds 8

Aston Villa 9

Wolves 7

What about?

Birmingham City

Blackburn Rovers

Bolton Wanderers

Brentford

Brighton & Hove Albion

Bristol City

Burnley

Cardiff City

Charlton Athletic

Derby County

Fulham

Huddersfield Town

Hull City

Ipswich Town

Middlesbrough

Milton Keynes Dons

Nottingham Forest

Preston North End

Queens Park Rangers

Reading

Rotherham United

Sheffield Wednesday

Just worried you'll have a coronary next season if there are too many 9s or 10s...

What about?

Birmingham City

Blackburn Rovers

Bolton Wanderers

Brentford

Brighton & Hove Albion

Bristol City

Burnley

Cardiff City

Charlton Athletic

Derby County

Fulham

Huddersfield Town

Hull City

Ipswich Town

Middlesbrough

Milton Keynes Dons

Nottingham Forest

Preston North End

Queens Park Rangers

Reading

Rotherham United

Sheffield Wednesday

Just worried you'll have a coronary next season if there are too many 9s or 10s...

Had some shoulder rubbing times at Derby early 90's but I don't hate them these days and I don't hate Leicester even though we had plenty reason to back in the day. Of the clubs you've listed, one team I do have a negative feeling about is Nottingham Forest. They've won the European Cup twice, so they're a superior being to Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, ourselves etc... that is seriously how they go on. It's nigh on 20 years since they were in the top flight for fuck sake, and in my eyes they are where they should be. This thread shows everything. They still go on about 1974 man. 90% of us weren't born in 74.

www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17378
Edited by McFaul

Love a Stevie rant on other clubs whether I agree or not. :lol:

Using the Stevie cunt-ometer.....

10 Scum

9 HATE them

8 Don't like them

7 No love lost

6 Cuntish at times

5 Boring but fuck them

4 No opinion

3 Quite like them

2 Canny

1 Magic these

..... Here's my own preferences in general, (met decent individuals of certain clubs but overall opinion).

Leicester. 8 (hope they win the league but not for their fans. Worked for two of them and they were sweatshop people who hated Geordies and spouted some shite. A perfect example of a non-unionised place).

Spurs. 7 (used to be 8 or 9).

Arsenal. 9 borderline 10. So many reasons.

Man City. 8 borderline 9 and that was before the money.

Man U. 9 borderline 10, again, where do you start with these fuckers?

Chelsea. 9.

West Ham. 7

Mackems. 9, (I've knocked one off because I genuinely think a sizeable proportion of them are backwards so you have to take that into account).

Boro. 9.5

Forest. 8

Leeds. 9

Sheff Wed. 8

Sheff U. 6

Everton 7

Liverpool 7 (9 for OOTers)

Wolves. 6

Villa. 8 but equally could be 5 as they are genuinely boring as fuck.

Derby. 6

Rotherham. 7

Grimsby. 10 (proper cunts, these mind)

Millwall. 8

Birmingham. 7

Southampton. 5 or 8. 5 for boring bastards, 8 for being knobs with it.

Pompey. 7 (really fancied themselves before the cave fell in).

Swansea. 5

Charlton. 5 harmless fans made up of single admin people or couples in their first relationship aged 31.

Chelsea. 9

I'll leave it at that for now.

I hate everything about Sunderland (particularly the wife). Liverpool's bunch of self obsessed, whinging cunts have overtaken Man Utd as my only other real hatred. I have no time for any other club but most of them are insignificant to me other than when we play they or if they're a direct rival in the league. Middlesbrough are pretty much as insignificant as the rest and I find it hilarious that they think they have some sort of rivalry with us.

I hate everything about Sunderland (particularly the wife). Liverpool's bunch of self obsessed, whinging cunts have overtaken Man Utd as my only other real hatred. I have no time for any other club but most of them are insignificant to me other than when we play they or if they're a direct rival in the league. Middlesbrough are pretty much as insignificant as the rest and I find it hilarious that they think they have some sort of rivalry with us.

I'm the same as this tbh. Even when Boro are in the same league as us I'm just not arsed about them, Bernie Slaven was an annoying cunt on the three legends mind, saying that all of them were really.

I will say they provide a fair bit of comedy though, from our lot wearing boiler suits and face masks at away games to perhaps the best nickname in football 'nappy-rippers'.

Obviously I don't want them to stay up and us get relegated, but would you be that bothered if sunderland were the team winning promotion from the Championship, passing us on their way up?

Obviously I don't want them to stay up and us get relegated, but would you be that bothered if sunderland were the team winning promotion from the Championship, passing us on their way up?

Normally no, however the way they handled the Adam Johnson issue and the way their fans are demonising his victim I am currently hoping they go down two tiers.

Normally no, however the way they handled the Adam Johnson issue and the way their fans are demonising his victim I am currently hoping they go down two tiers.

Can't see that, their fans will keep going in sufficient numbers, there's a few youngish players on their books and not too many "I WANNA PLAY FOR ARSENAL" cunts either.

Yes it would. Just as it will bother me if they stay up. I will focus on us and not use them as a barometer of how well we are doing but of course I want us to do better than them.

To be fair to Sunderland they normally tend to oblige by being as equally shit as we are, even when we got relegated they spent the year scrapping against the drop and we finished above them in our first season back up. I'd be annoyed if they done what Boro look like doing, mainly because their fans are fucking insufferable the whole NE top dogs shit is an example of that since they created it around the time we went down completely neglecting the previous however many fucking years we were miles ahead of them.

To be fair to Sunderland they normally tend to oblige by being as equally shit as we are, even when we got relegated they spent the year scrapping against the drop and we finished above them in our first season back up. I'd be annoyed if they done what Boro look like doing, mainly because their fans are fucking insufferable the whole NE top dogs shit is an example of that since they created it around the time we went down completely neglecting the previous however many fucking years we were miles ahead of them.

Actually I think the NE Top Dogs thing was created by Bob Murray when they came 7th twice with Reid as manager. Which is even more ridiculous given what had gone on before that.