New Phone

wykikitoon

I see. Im not really bothered when newer models of my phone are released but If Im thinking about replacing one then I do wait if there's an upcoming release. 

Waiting to see what Apple come up with on the 7th although I know I'll just be getting the Note :D

The exploding Note that has been pulled from sale? Random detonation is indeed a feature that the iPhone is yet to incorporate. 

Well, no sooner have I signed up to a Vodafone sim only plan for £22 than they've overcharged me at £37.

Customer Service was solid though to be honest, credited my account with the difference so it doesn't go out of my bank account and then reduced my monthly to £18 as an apology and for being such a loyal customer (of 4 days).

Pretty happy with that tbh.

I've been with Vodafone for years and agree they're good on that front. I ordered a new phone from them that didn't come because it went out of stock/sale the day I picked it and they upgraded me to a top of the line newer version as an apology for the inconvenience.

Downside is that you get random sales calls from then though.

Well, no sooner have I signed up to a Vodafone sim only plan for £22 than they've overcharged me at £37.

Customer Service was solid though to be honest, credited my account with the difference so it doesn't go out of my bank account and then reduced my monthly to £18 as an apology and for being such a loyal customer (of 4 days).

Pretty happy with that tbh.

Call up again with another complaint..

Sacked off Giffgaff and went with Vodafone today

£22pm sim only

20gb 4g data

Unlimited mins

Unlimited texts

4gb roaming data

12mth Spotify subscription

Wish I'd done it months ago as the 4g signal

in my house is 24mbps

Exactly the deal I've got from them. Though they dropped it a few quid when they messed up

I think I'm losing it..... I've received a new sim from id mobile, now am required to set up an account....

What number do I put in the field "Enter your mobile number"?...the one theyve sent me, or the one I want to keep?...

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount

My common sense says the number they've sent me. But then they want to send a confirmation message to the same number, which I dont want to use (I want to keep my old number) and the sim card associated with it obviously isn't in my fuckin phone anyway so how can I receive a message?..yes I could use another phone, but fuck me is it supposed to be that fuckin tricksy?...so I phone their cust.servs. number and they ask for their number that theyve sent me...which apparently they dont recognise as a id mobile number :angry2:

Talk mobile are now under serious consideration...

I think I'm losing it..... I've received a new sim from id mobile, now am required to set up an account....

What number do I put in the field "Enter your mobile number"?...the one theyve sent me, or the one I want to keep?...

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/pre-registration/-/registration/registerMyAccount

My common sense says the number they've sent me. But then they want to send a confirmation message to the same number, which I dont want to use (I want to keep my old number) and the sim card associated with it obviously isn't in my fuckin phone anyway so how can I receive a message?..yes I could use another phone, but fuck me is it supposed to be that fuckin tricksy?...so I phone their cust.servs. number and they ask for their number that theyve sent me...which apparently they dont recognise as a id mobile number :angry2:

Talk mobile are now under serious consideration...

Don't you need a PAC code? A few years since I changed provider but was fairly straight forward iirc?

"You can purchase your new phone contract and then obtain your PAC code. It is not essential to have your PAC code prior to purchasing your new phone. However, you will need your PAC code if you want to keep your existing phone number (i.e. transfer your current number to your new provider). Use our handy tool above to obtain your PAC code."

http://www.paccodes.co.uk

Edited by Renton

Can't the grandkids help?

Errr...you've got to have kids first haven't you gramps?....am far too young for those sort of shenanigans, they get in the way of nine month holidays B)

Anyway, I expect you've got work in the morning so I shan't keep you...

Errr...you've got to have kids first haven't you gramps?....am far too young for those sort of shenanigans, they get in the way of nine month holidays B)

Anyway, I expect you've got work in the morning so I shan't keep you...

I haven't decided yet ;)

How have you been away for 9 month? Lottery?

9 month fucking holiday!

Tbf, I told CT a tiny lie, Monday was the first days work I'd done since the 18th December last year though...we were at my parents over the weekend and the current Mrs PL drove them round the twist by leafing through the travel section of the papers; "ooh the Seychelles, looks nice there, shall we book it for Christmas?!" :lol: