New Phone

wykikitoon

The Guardian are noted Apple fan boys, so when the headline of their iPhone 7S review is "2014 called, it wants its phablet back", you know that this is NOT a good phone.

Did you get over excited about this and not notice it was a review of the 7 Plus, not the 7S? 

Best review of the 7 has to be 'doesnt blow up'. Still getting announcements on flights saying dont turn on your Samsung :lol:

Edited by ChezGiven

Only in a very strange world where directly competing products in an intensely competitive market arent relevant to each other :lol:

It's a technical issue which won't affect a purchaser today though, so I don't see the relevance personally.

The 787 had significant battery issues when it first flew, potentially lethal ones. I take it you would still fly on one today though.

It's a technical issue which won't affect a purchaser today though, so I don't see the relevance personally.

The 787 had significant battery issues when it first flew, potentially lethal ones. I take it you would still fly on one today though.

Only when the Learjet's getting serviced

Battery problem with the Samsung Note have little relevance to the iPhone 7 plus being an underwhelming phone though?

Was it underwhelming? I don't think anyone expected much from it. 

You cant use them on planes mate. If you buy one today and get on a plane tomorrow, everyone else will be listening to music, playing games, watching vids and you'll be reading the in-flight magazine. 

Every electronics company releases new models of TV, PC, stereo and kettle every year, but no-one feels the need to replace them every year.  It's only as underwhelming as the latest model of toaster that Morphy Richards have released.

Mobiles have gone through a decade of massive advances so early adoption of each iteration has been attractive to anyone who fancies themselves in any way tech savvy.  That's not the case now.  My current phone model came out two and a half years ago and there's still nothing I feel I'm missing from the functionality or jealous of any other phone owner for.  

Self-driving cars are the where the future over-whelming advances are coming.

And yet people are literally queuing to buy it? Think that was Gemmill's point.

I'm not sure what Gemmill's point was as the phone was released over two weeks ago. No one was queuing for it this weekend. 

Of course there will still be fan boys but no one was really expecting any massive leap forward with this phone.

You cant use them on planes mate. If you buy one today and get on a plane tomorrow, everyone else will be listening to music, playing games, watching vids and you'll be reading the in-flight magazine.

I'd just read a physical book Tbh. But anyway, the ban will just be temporary and how it can it be enforced anyway? Point is it's not really a design fault of the phone, just a faulty component.

I'm not sure what Gemmill's point was as the phone was released over two weeks ago. No one was queuing for it this weekend. 

He's made a bit of a tit of himself with all this fuss over a phone released 2 weeks ago and hallucinating queues outside of retail stores. 

Every electronics company releases new models of TV, PC, stereo and kettle every year, but no-one feels the need to replace them every year. It's only as underwhelming as the latest model of toaster that Morphy Richards have released.

Mobiles have gone through a decade of massive advances so early adoption of each iteration has been attractive to anyone who fancies themselves in any way tech savvy. That's not the case now. My current phone model came out two and a half years ago and there's still nothing I feel I'm missing from the functionality or jealous of any other phone owner for.

Self-driving cars are the where the future over-whelming advances are coming.

Completely agree. I was going to replace my phone last month but thought why am I doing this? Newer models don't give me any extra functionality I need. So I'm keeping mine for at least another year or until the battery is fucked. The 20 quid a month I'll save will be handy in the meantime.

Completely agree. I was going to replace my phone last month but thought why am I doing this? Newer models don't give me any extra functionality I need. So I'm keeping mine for at least another year or until the battery is fucked. The 20 quid a month I'll save will be handy in the meantime.

I bought the newer model last year, spent a week with it and couldn't see any benefit.  I sold the newer one rather than the older one as I got all my money back that way.

He's made a bit of a tit of himself with all this fuss over a phone released 2 weeks ago and hallucinating queues outside of retail stores.

There was a queue you fucking dopes. Maybe they were returning their gigantic shite new iPhones. Apologies I didn't have the latest iPhone release in my diary like you and ewerk btw. :razz: