New Phone

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Ordered the oneplus 7 pro as it had £100 knocked off so £599. Probably way too much stuff on it I'll never need or use but I've had the oneplus 1 for about four to five years so hoping for at least the same with this one. 

Aka the two

• 4 months later...

Anyone with a OnePlus 7 have any idea why the phone keeps cutting off from playing YouTube and goes to the contacts page especially when I've got headphones on? It's doing my fucking head in and I'm not getting any answers online? :lol:

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Anyone with a OnePlus 7 have any idea why the phone keeps cutting off from playing YouTube and goes to the contacts page especially when I've got headphones on? It's doing my fucking head in and I'm not getting any answers online? :lol:

Apart from that what's the 7 like?  I have a 2 and looking for a new phone.  Is it fucking massive?  That's one thing putting me off at the moment,

8 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Apart from that what's the 7 like?  I have a 2 and looking for a new phone.  Is it fucking massive?  That's one thing putting me off at the moment,

No complaints other than the above mentioned. I don't watch a lot of YouTube so it's not really been an issue but I was just watching a podcast on there so it was getting on my tits. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Wife has an iPhone 11 pro.  She is having issues with it.

She has a full reception bar, but her calls are intermittent, calls drop, sometimes you can't hear her.  We are both on EE and I am fine :lol: (But Im on Android)

Anyone else had this?

On 07/11/2019 at 19:55, NJS said:

I've got a Oneplus 7 Pro and it's excellent. 

Not as much vfm as when it was the 2/3 or even 5 but still a lot more value than Samsung/pixel/iPhone imo. 

Did you have the 2?  How much bigger is the 7 Pro bigger than the 2?

• 6 months later...

Yeh I did splash out. I do love a good camera though, so it’s something I’ll get some joy out of. 

I suppose I wanted something nice in among all the constant shit of 20-21 :lol: 

• 1 year later...

Time for me to get a new phone. I'm sticking to a premium Android (no, not let's have this shit again) and narrowed it down to one of the Google Pixels or Samsung S22s. Probably the latter as you can buy it on interest free credit from the shop and get some nice stuff with it (Galaxy buds, 1 year Disney subscription). Then get a sim card elsewhere. Anyway the S22 ultra comes with an S pen, basically it is the new version of the Galaxy Note. My question is, has anybody used one before and is it worth it? I've watched a tutorial on YouTube and it does look pretty cool, but whilst I can see some genuine practical uses for it I can't help thinking I'll probably just spend hours drawing animated cocks and sending them to mates. Not sure it's worth an extra 200 notes? Opinions? 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone used music magpie or black market etc to buy a 2nd hand phone?... just wondering how it all went? ..... Started a new job last year where I got a very good Samsung tablet but a phone which can only be described as being at the lower end of the "burner" market....we were told to either use call divert or put the sim into a spare phone, which I did with an old iPhone 5S and all was good. Went to a meeting this morning where we were all presented with fuckin Samsungs (very similar to my own phone)  that have an array of work apps and that's it, no Spotify  YouTube,  fuckin nothing....we need to take calls whilst mobile so I also want the ability to play music whilst it's hooked up to the Bluetooth...

So am in the market for a good second hand iPhone 11/12 because i dont want two virtually identical phones... also, if such a thing still exists (and my own research suggests not) does anyone know of  a decent browser based music player for the new workphone?.... :unsure:  Spotify let me sign in but when I pressed play the fuckin play store opened and insisted I download the app that the play store further informed me that I had no access to 😡

Is your company set up to use the Microsoft company portal? Get Company Portal - Microsoft Store en-GB

We have it and it means all my work access, apps, etc. are separate from personal stuff. So I've got Spotify, whatsapp, twitter and the like on the personal side of things and outlook, teams and the rest on the work side of things.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I've told my work that I'm not having that on my personal phone and I'll have a work phone instead, thank you very much. So I'll be getting some kind of iPhone from them. 

Our entire office did the same, so work realised they didn't really need us to be totally contactable at all times.

• Like 2

To be clear, I have my personal phone, but my work phone is split personal/work through that app. It's a genuine consideration that I might ditch my personal phone entirely, but I'm only paying £8 a month and it includes my Amazon subscription.

We use the company portal - its painless and doesn't affect me at all - I use Outlook for work emails and Aqua mail for personal so they're completely separate. 

• Like 1