New Phone

wykikitoon

So did Alexander Graham Bell.

Are you seriously saying mobile phones is new technology? You'll be saying cars are next. :lol:

They are at least 60 years old. Probably 70.

Edited by Park Life

:lol:

Oswald couldn't shoot such an ancient gun straight in 1963, we couldn't land on the moon in 1969, but we had had the technology for Googlemaps in the 30s.

The life of a conspiracy theorist (or contrarian)

They had computers in the 30's man. People were writing papers on the post industrial era in the 20's.....

Actually we've had computers since ~1850.

And how big were these computers in the 30s exactly?  And what were they capable of?

:lol:

Oswald couldn't shoot such an ancient gun straight in 1963, we couldn't land on the moon in 1969, but we had had the technology for Googlemaps in the 30s.

The life of a conspiracy theorist (or contrarian)

:jonas:

Htc's sense skin is minimally intrusive if you want a premium phone, better looking than this and great audio. Might be worth checking out the 10. Better battery than the pixel too and SD card if constant data access is a problem (or if you distrust big brother Google hosting all your photos ;) ).

Cheers for the recommendation.

It seems like I might have to begrudgingly go for an S7 Edge.  The battery life seems to be head and shoulders above the competitors.

I think Samsung make great tech, their software is just bad.

Cheers for the recommendation.

It seems like I might have to begrudgingly go for an S7 Edge. The battery life seems to be head and shoulders above the competitors.

I think Samsung make great tech, their software is just bad.

Agreed. It's hard to argue against the S7 being the best hardware around. But hardware is only half of it, touch whizz puts me right off. Have heard its better than it was however. The shear ubiquity of the S7 puts me off a bit as well Tbh.

Honestly, I've got an S7 Edge, having owned a Nexus 5 and a OnePlus One before this (and various other Android phones prior to that) and this is comfortably the best phone I've had.

Touchwiz is not an issue. You just download the Google Now launcher and your phone looks and operates like regular Android.

I stayed away from Samsung for a while after my S2 because Touchwiz was cack, but it isn't anymore.

The battery is mental btw. I can take this off charge at 6am, use it as much as I want all day, listen to music, podcasts etc, and wake-up the next day to 30 to 40% battery.

Honestly, I've got an S7 Edge, having owned a Nexus 5 and a OnePlus One before this (and various other Android phones prior to that) and this is comfortably the best phone I've had.

Touchwiz is not an issue. You just download the Google Now launcher and your phone looks and operates like regular Android.

I stayed away from Samsung for a while after my S2 because Touchwiz was cack, but it isn't anymore.

The battery is mental btw. I can take this off charge at 6am, use it as much as I want all day, listen to music, podcasts etc, and wake-up the next day to 30 to 40% battery.

Cheers.  That's that pretty much settled then.

I think my last Samsung was the S4, and yeah, TouchWiz was what put me off it.

Actually we've had computers since ~1850.

And how big were these computers in the 30s exactly?  And what were they capable of?

The conspiracy theorist goes running in the face of a couple of simple logical questions. 

Sorry for ruining your wind-up. ;)