New Phone

wykikitoon

Most decent hotels have TVs with available HDMI connectors nowadays.

FYI - Radisson hotels now have wireless streaming for all android / apple devices. So you can use the eg Netflix app on your device and steam to the hotel TV. I expect this to be industry standard in all the big chains within a year or two. You can therefore I assume stream Kodi if it's on the device too.

Can someone please give a good reason not to spunk nearly 450 sovs on this please?...

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/apple/iphone-se.html#!colour=spacegrey&capacity=64GB&dealType=sf

Or at least talk me into saving £100 by getting the 16gb version?.. :unsure:

I once went to android :(

Returned to the fold after a few months.

As to storage, depends what you use it for. Mine says I have 46 gb and 67 gb free.

I take lots of photos of the bairn / family and like to have a few videos on to watch.

If you do none of that then you'll probably get away with 16gb. Only thing is it will be harder to sell 2nd hand as most young'uns like lots of gb.

Can someone please give a good reason not to spunk nearly 450 sovs on this please?...

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/apple/iphone-se.html#!colour=spacegrey&capacity=64GB&dealType=sf

Or at least talk me into saving £100 by getting the 16gb version?.. :unsure:

Imo 16 gigs is too small if you want to do anything with the phone other than make phone calls. Really though, it's stupid money for what you're getting, Iphone's are technologically a fair bit behind nowadays. I can see the attraction if you're like Chez and heavily invested in a pile of Mac stuff like tablets, laptops etc and want the compatibility. Otherwise get an Android imo.

I once went to android :(

Returned to the fold after a few months.

As to storage, depends what you use it for. Mine says I have 46 gb and 67 gb free.

I take lots of photos of the bairn / family and like to have a few videos on to watch.

If you do none of that then you'll probably get away with 16gb. Only thing is it will be harder to sell 2nd hand as most young'uns like lots of gb.

So it sounds like you have an iPhone with 128 GB storage? That's poverty for you I guess. :)

So it sounds like you have an iPhone with 128 GB storage? That's poverty for you I guess. :)

:lol:

Listen, it's you left muppets that keep harking on about povery. Ask @@catmag about "poverty".

Regarding paddocklad, I also think you have to take into account that as you get older, you don't really need the hassle of re-learning stuff.

I found it an absolute pain in the arse moving to android.

* plus we get the 30% discount that all NHS staff, Mcdonalds etc get off 02

Edited by Christmas Tree

Listen, it's you left muppets that keep harking on about povery. Ask @@catmag about "poverty".

Regarding paddocklad, I also think you have to take into account that as you get older, you don't really need the hassle of re-learning stuff.

I found it an absolute pain in the arse moving to android.

* plus we get the 30% discount that all NHS staff, Mcdonalds etc get off 02

The nhs with O2 discount applies to the airtime contract element of the phone, not the capital repayment. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous you are, claiming poverty yet literally buying the most expensive phone you can get. One in a long list of examples. :D

Gemmill's right as well. Android is just as easy as iOS, more so imo.

Are you wedded to iPhone? If not you can get a better phone for the price or cheaper. But you'd have to have balls big enough to become an Android user.

Not wedded to iphone, just tempted by the A9 chip and big memory for 200 quid less than a new Samsung or indeed iPhone 6s etc... I also think a 4" phone suits me better rather than a big phablet type thing. I'd be interested if anyone can suggest something cheaper with the same sort of spec?...

Is the SE not an underpowered iPhone though? I wouldn't buy Apple again after my iPad was basically no more use than a paperweight within a couple of years of buying it. I would have similar concerns about buying an underpowered iPhone (if that's what this is), cos their iOS changes will almost certainly be aimed at improving their top end kit first and foremost.

It's the same chip as in the 6s etc in the body of a 4/5.... Speaking as a IT moron does that actually make it underpowered?....

Naah, it's just a girl's phone. Are you getting the pink model?

Naah, it's just a girl's phone. Are you getting the pink model?

Rose pink I think you'll find :glare:

The screen is far too small imo. You had a chance to use one?

I've got a 5c and it's good enough for me as I've got an iPad..don't need a phone you need two hands to use tbh... I can't see many drawbacks...just wondering if there's something similar for less?

Rose pink I think you'll find :glare:

I've got a 5c and it's good enough for me as I've got an iPad..don't need a phone you need two hands to use tbh... I can't see many drawbacks...just wondering if there's something similar for less?

Rose pink. Same as my 14 year old. Daughter. :lol:

Not a fan of apple stuff at all. Wife and girls all have iPhones and I'm unimpressed. I've got a oneplus one and it's far superior to theirs IMO. You at the game tomorrow?

Rose pink. Same as my 14 year old. Daughter. :lol:

Not a fan of apple stuff at all. Wife and girls all have iPhones and I'm unimpressed. I've got a oneplus one and it's far superior to theirs IMO. You at the game tomorrow?

I can confirm my attendance in the north east tomorrow, I can also confirm the purchase of a iPhone SE in SPACE GREY B)

Driving up tomorrow AM and going to my folks' straight after game so time is a bit tight....Percy about 2ish?...

Imo 16 gigs is too small if you want to do anything with the phone other than make phone calls. Really though, it's stupid money for what you're getting, Iphone's are technologically a fair bit behind nowadays. I can see the attraction if you're like Chez and heavily invested in a pile of Mac stuff like tablets, laptops etc and want the compatibility. Otherwise get an Android imo.

:lol: Er, no. I am probably the least invested in tech devices as i get given most of them. I also spend more time in the windows 7 environment than anything else. 

Laptop PC, Iphone 6 and Ipad air were all free from work. I have 2 TV boxes, an Apple TV that cost  80 euros (still the best device for Netfilx) and an Android Box that was about 50 euros (for Kodi). I still have a 9 year old Macbook which was expensive at 800 euros (still works but i dont use it anymore other than to store photos). That's fuck all in terms of investment.

The only thing that i miss is a personal phone or tablet that i can load Kodi onto. Which i still need to get and am going to be tight about it and get something relatively cheap. I am therefore definitely going to get an Android phone, just dont know which one. 

I must have imagined all those past posts you made extolling the virtues of Apple over anything else then?

Anyway, why are you bothered about Kodi? Is it really worth the fuck on or would it not just make sense to buy the media you use for a man of your means? Nowt to do with morality I might add, just convenience. I've tried Kodi and decided its not worth the hassle personally. Admittedly I don't have time to use much media mind.

I can confirm my attendance in the north east tomorrow, I can also confirm the purchase of a iPhone SE in SPACE GREY B)

Driving up tomorrow AM and going to my folks' straight after game so time is a bit tight....Percy about 2ish?...

I'll try and pop in. :good:

I must have imagined all those past posts you made extolling the virtues of Apple over anything else then?

Anyway, why are you bothered about Kodi? Is it really worth the fuck on or would it not just make sense to buy the media you use for a man of your means? Nowt to do with morality I might add, just convenience. I've tried Kodi and decided its not worth the hassle personally. Admittedly I don't have time to use much media mind.

If you'd like to have basically anything on telly on demand in a matter of seconds, then yeah, Kodi is worth it. [emoji38]

If you'd like to have basically anything on telly on demand in a matter of seconds, then yeah, Kodi is worth it. [emoji38]

Hmm

Maybe, probably I've never got to grips with it though. Tried using it for football and either the resolution was shite or the caching was appalling. Could never seem to get films that were both stable and decent resolution. As for series, I've already got more choice than I know what to do with with sky, terrestrial, Netflix etc. Also all if virgin replay. Can access it in seconds. Most days I've got less than 90 minutes to watch telly so I can't be arsed faffing with Kodi. Am sure it would be different if my set up was right mind.

Aye if you do it right you don't need any sort of TV package from anywhere. I pay for Netflix cos I value their original content and I've got Amazon Prime as well, but other than that it's Freesat and Kodi for me. I'd say 85 to 90 percent of my viewing is from them rather than TV.

As a work phone the 6 is brilliant and is totally secure which is important when you carry around sensitive info. Same for the iPad, I designed and built (no actual technical work) an app for my company last year and it's a super simple business model and platform for the end user. This is only really feasible in a business like ours with the iPad and it's security. The debate around the company is driven by the long and short position holders which I can't be arsed to go into but I think there are very strong reasons to remain long. Hence a support for the view that the company is and remains innovative. As someone who works in the interface between small and mid cap biotech, my definition of what innovation means is probably different to the average bloke in the street.

As for Kodi, it's the single greatest thing you can plug into your TV. The football is however not that great in my experience but I don't do anything other than search the standard addons 1 minute before the same starts. I think if you look into it and ask people it can work well. If you love films then Kodi is amazing for basically anything you want to watch. It also gives you access to loads of TV that you wouldn't otherwise get with Netflix / Sky.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, it is upgrade day on my current contract.

I'm with 3 at the moment but have no real desire to stay with them, though I will be keeping my number.

I'm an iPhone user and that's not changing, I know the 7 is likely to be announced in the next couple of weeks but I don't care that much, 6S will do me just fine.

So, networks? I've had a look at GiffGaff and they seem alright, coverage is there, plans are good for what I want, any horror stories?

Anyone else had any particularly good experiences with other providers?