New Phone

wykikitoon

Can't understand why anyone would use anything but giff gaff... If they don't need a "free" phone.

Whats their customer service like? Thats the main reason I want to leave 3, its shite and they ring you with "offers" all the time.

I've gone to ID mobile from 3 @@Andrew....got my pac code from them after a monumental struggle, fuckers wanted to sell me 4gb for £13 when all I wanted was another gb on to of the one I get for £8 per month.....got 2gb and 240 mins for £7-50 a month with id. It's a bit of a punt tbh, they're new and there's no real info/comparison on the service. But it's a monthly contract and I can go to whoever I want if it's shite

I'm leaving giffgaff. Their unlimited 4g is now 6gb and then it's throttled to fuck

Why would you need that much?

I have the 6gb but never use it - they keep suggesting I pay less for less but I just like the "just in case" view.

I have the 6gb but never use it - they keep suggesting I pay less for less but I just like the "just in case" view.

I stream a lot of music and video. Am slightly concerned about the throttling after 6gb

I was thinking the other day I can't see what the phone people can up with in way of new features to make me change my phone.

Got the iPhone 6 and it's a perfect size as does all I want.

Wonder what else they can do.

They're working on a hologram phone which instead of showing videos/Twitter/Facebook etc on your phone, it projects it as a hologram a couple of feet away like princess Leia begging obi wan Kenobi for help on star wars. Reckon it's about a year or two off completion. :good:

Don't think they have one. It's all done on their website/forum.

I've only had a couple of problems both solved by forum searches.

Rather do it that way than talk to a scripted Indian.

Yeah I just checked my usage, last 7 months my lowest was 12Gb, highest was 20

jesus do you download full scale movies and stuff on it or something, even with tethering the odd time i wouldn't get near that for my mobile usage 

Pretty much, I stream all of my music and podcasts, watch a lot of youtube, use quite a few other data intensive apps an things.

I keep wifi off most of the time as well since I've always had unlimited data plans.

I'd stream music and radio a fair bit in car/work but i'd use maybe 3gb on average

3 did away with all their unlimited plans, my kid brothers that i got him has been running for 2yrs and they keep ringing me offering upgrades etc trying to get me to end it :lol: just keep knocking them back and buy him a phone for xmas/birthday if he needs a new one.

his is £12.99 unlimited data/texts and 200minutes or something

You get a Three SIM, buy a £25 top , then buy the All In One 25 add on. Repeat every month.

So you're telling me instead of keeping the £12 a month contract i have and they can't get me to move off unless i take an upgrade, which has unlimited data on it etc i should buy a £25 top up and then a £25 addon going forward every month.

that's  more than 2x what i'm having to pay at the min for the same thing ya header :D

I was talking to Andrew when I posted that as he posted that there were no unlimited data options available. I hadn't even read your post :lol:

I fucked iPhone off for an S7 Edge and it's turning out to be a great decision. Tremendous phones.

Samsung give you the freedom to do whatever you want, like a breath of fresh air compared to the shackles of Apple.

I've got it as well. It's fantastic like.

I stream the odd football match at work, have Spotify on for most of my 12hour shifts and fanny about on the net all day. I can 15gb+ in a month

And CT, iPhone6 is fine for now but you can guarantee within 12months the new iOS will make it run 3 times slower than it does currently

I'm speaking from experience. I was also trying to use my dads ipad2 yesterday which may as well have been running Windows 95 it was that slow

It won't. I am too btw (other people have iphones you know :razz: )

I have a 6, which runs fine, my mrs has my previous phone, a 5, which also runs fine.

I have an iPad 2 as well and thats still fine, other than its battery being a bit tired.

Well I'm not making it up for dramatic effect :lol:

I would invite you to have a go but I have no desire to meet my internet friends in real life

And the 6 will run fine for now, give it 12-18months and it will be a different story, which is what I said.

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard